HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Bad news for democrats in VA Senate special election
Posted by: Wingnut's fill in ()
Date: January 08, 2014 03:02PM

In a Va. state senate 6th District special election, the democrat is ahead by 22 votes. The normally solid democrat district, which encompasses the minority strongholds of Hampton Roads and Norfolk and liberal Va Beach and voted for Obama in 2012 with 58% of the vote, was considered safe for the democrat candidate Lynwood Lewis, a sitting democrat delegate from the area. Democrats must win the Herring seat election in a couple of weeks or they will lose control of the Senate. The House of Del already has a veto-proof republican advantage.

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/20140107/ESN01/301070076/VA-SHORE-Lewis-leads-by-22-votes-in-VA-6th-Senate-District?odyssey=tab|mostpopular|text|DCP

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bad news for democrats in VA Senate special election
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: January 08, 2014 03:07PM

Okay, a Democrat won in a Democratic leaning race on initial results. I bet your guy won't call for a recount?

The real story is how much money does the Republican in the race want to waste of the states to lose by more votes.

Date: January 08, 2014 03:08PM

Thats great fuckin news if you ask me.

Date: January 08, 2014 03:14PM

Take the Senate and lay down the hammer on Howell. Its time to do this thing.

Date: January 08, 2014 03:18PM

Seems like you have Herring's Loudoun seat left and you got a Democrat running against two Republicans. Thats good news.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2014 04:58PM by Gerrymanderer2.

Posted by: Debbie Downer Democrat II ()
Date: January 08, 2014 03:21PM

The GOP will take the 6th district. Then, later in the month, they'll take the 33rd too.

22 Republicans to 18 Democrats, plus control of the Virginia legislature too. Additionally, Terry McAuliffe will have to make another round of calls to the 22 GOP senators just like he did for the GOP legislature members on Monday. He knew they had him by the balls, so he called each of them up and offered to pass the peace pipe to them with some Peyote in it.

The Dems might have the Governorship, the Lt. Governor spot, and the AG spot. But, their hands will be tied. Just like a chess piece, they'll be "pawned".

Posted by: Fairfax Lib ()
Date: January 08, 2014 03:34PM

PWND!

Date: January 08, 2014 05:01PM

Do the math, Obama won this district by 57 %. What did he win Herrings district by? If he won Herrings district by more I dont see your odds improving. Especially when the election of McAulliffe shows that Democrats turn out in off year pivotal elections now.

Date: January 08, 2014 05:10PM

Obama won Herrings district by 59 % of the vote. Which means Obama won the remaining district by 2 percent more than the district you couldn't flip. And then you have a more intelligent and wealthy electorate as well.

Right after an election where Democrats changed 36 years of traditional results favoring Republicans.

Good luck with that.

Posted by: Chocski ()
Date: January 08, 2014 05:19PM

I'm not surprised that another democrat is winning to win a run off election. Unless republicans change they continue lose local and national elections on both coast.

They GOP might be able to win some small urban areas but that's about it.

Date: January 08, 2014 05:24PM

This prove the so called swing in the polls about Obama Care is non existent. Only 20,000 people voted with temperatures around the single digits in a special election with control of the Senate on the line.

Was the ultimate Republican protest vote. And they still lost.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2014 05:24PM by Gerrymanderer2.

Date: January 08, 2014 05:26PM

This is some bad fuckin news for Republicans is what it is.

Date: January 08, 2014 07:14PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is some bad fuckin news for Republicans is
> what it is.

Gerry, Do you believe that if you repeat something enough times, it becomes truth? If so, you are crazy as bat shit. You also look at campaigns like stocks. What'first thing they say - Never judge the performance of a stock based on past performance. Right?

Finally, you're clearly drunk on stupidity. You might want to cut back a bit because your reputation and credibility have recently hit deeper lows than Obama's popularity.

Date: January 08, 2014 10:19PM

Been a bad day with bad news for Republicans. Sorry to be a Debbie downer, Debbie Downer.

The Chamber waged an all out war on the Tea Party. Chris Christie the only candidate that stands a chance against Hillary is out of the running. He may even be thrown out as governor.

You lost a seat in bitter cold temperatures in a special election that had less of a margin for Obama than Herrings.

The GOP sent out memos to congressional members telling them to stfu on ending unemployment benefits because they're idiots. Obama Care registration is till going up, up, up. The odds of Medicaid expansion in Virginia has increased very substantially.

What a day. Things are lookin great.

Posted by: Hussein Obama- ()
Date: January 08, 2014 10:24PM

Still pretending you support Obamacare I see. Did you sign up yet Gerry?

Date: January 09, 2014 12:28AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
>
> What a day. Things are lookin great.

I agree, it was an excellent day (Tuesday, that was). I loved hearing the quotes from Robert Gates' new book. Obama and Biden seem like such gems when it comes running the military. What a couple of knuckle heads the two of them are. I guess we could call them "Dumb and Dumber" as it would seem most fitting for this situation.

Also, the crap on Hillary when she was just playing politics whether she supported an invasion, or didn't support one. This fodder is going to play out well leading up to the 2016 election. Hillary will be doubling up her 5 O'Clock drinks once again and the next thing we'll hear is that she took another fall and received another concussion.

She must have awfully thick skin for being such callous P.O.S. I think that this time around, these incidents will get under her skin and really bother her. She'll probably be headed for the nut house within a year for a 72-hour observation period.

Yes, it was a great day indeed!

Date: January 09, 2014 12:37AM

Yeah those quotes were dumb and overblown. He also said Obama made the most couragous decision he's ever seen by taking out Bin Laden.

You got nothing. Its sad to see that even a Republican held on by a Democrat president rewarded with the highest honor after his tenure would trade that esteem and trust for personal profit.

Not a good moment for Bob Gates, Republicans in general already have a shitty image but Bob Gates was one that Democrats respected.

So much for trusting any Republicans.

Date: January 09, 2014 01:48AM

Gerry,

How much crack do you smoke? You go about your life thinking that the Democrats never tell any lies, never are responsible for military troops dying, never responsible for failed economic policies ... and the list goes on.

How do you go about your day never acknowledging the faults within your own party? There's plenty of us who can be objective and critical of the party we follow. But, when it comes to you, it's like you have a 12" thick cement wall around you.

You're not very open minded. You must live a very sheltered life because it is very apparent in the posts that you apply here on the forum. Maybe you should get out a bit more and see what the real world is like.

Oh, I just saw a survey. 41% of the respondents identify themselves as independents with respect to which party they follow.

Just deal with it. I'm sure you're a big boy and your mommy potty trained you properly. Now start acting like an adult as opposed to the mentally challenged 80 IQ points idiot that you come across as.

Date: January 09, 2014 02:18AM

I was the revolutionary independent minded young utopia dreamer two party rejectionist at one point.

Then I decided the best I could do was to work to remove Republicans from power. Now that has become habitual and something I simply continue to do.

If you want a moment of honesty from me I will give you one. Hillary Clinton is a rotten cunt that makes me want to vomit. Barack Obama is a weak inept blow hard that doesn't have the guts or ability to stand up for his principles. A man only capable of teleprompter performances and terrified at the prospect of an actual political altercation.

A man that wrote checks his ass couldn't cash and was better off never running if he wasn't willing to fight for what he said he believed in. Nancy Pelosi is an old senile repulsive hypocrite that loves to surround herself with children on the House floor but when presented with idea of allowing younger House Democrats into influential positions, she refers to that as age discrimination and demands respect for senority.

The Democratic black caucus is one big collective joke and a bunch of retards.

The Senate is one big fascist shit hole whether Democratic or Republican. Filled with slime balls and rat turds. With the exception of Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders.

Corrupt sell outs that spend more time wining and dining donors to fund their upcoming elections than legislating for the good of the nation. The products of a broken system in which the issues of the people are only secondary to the real interests of their representatives, their jobs and their power. A system which is only getting worse because of fascists on the Supreme Court.

Dont get me started on Republicans. So what is a person to do? Throw up his hands and say fuck it all and not care? I choose to oppose the greatest threat, the Republican Party. Thats what I deem is the best service that I can do for my country in this controlled two party American political system.

I used to beat on partisans with no remorse or mercy in debate. Now I'm one of those people. I wasn't born this way. You made me this way.

Posted by: Lol all day ()
Date: December 28, 2016 07:21AM

What country is yours?

Posted by: KKKillary KKKlinton. ()
Date: February 19, 2017 09:43AM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> I was the revolutionary independent minded young
> utopia dreamer two party rejectionist at one
> point.
>
> Then I decided the best I could do was to work to
> remove Republicans from power. Now that has become
> habitual and something I simply continue to do.
>
> If you want a moment of honesty from me I will
> give you one. Hillary Clinton is a rotten cunt
> that makes me want to vomit. Barack Obama is a
> weak inept blow hard that doesn't have the guts or
> ability to stand up for his principles. A man only
> capable of teleprompter performances and terrified
> at the prospect of an actual political
> altercation.
>
> A man that wrote checks his ass couldn't cash and
> was better off never running if he wasn't willing
> to fight for what he said he believed in. Nancy
> Pelosi is an old senile repulsive hypocrite that
> loves to surround herself with children on the
> House floor but when presented with idea of
> allowing younger House Democrats into influential
> positions, she refers to that as age
> discrimination and demands respect for senority.
>
> The Democratic black caucus is one big collective
> joke and a bunch of retards.
>
> The Senate is one big fascist shit hole whether
> Democratic or Republican. Filled with slime balls
> and rat turds. With the exception of Elizabeth
> Warren and Bernie Sanders.
>
> Corrupt sell outs that spend more time wining and
> dining donors to fund their upcoming elections
> than legislating for the good of the nation. The
> products of a broken system in which the issues of
> the people are only secondary to the real
> interests of their representatives, their jobs and
> their power. A system which is only getting worse
> because of fascists on the Supreme Court.
>
> Dont get me started on Republicans. So what is a
> person to do? Throw up his hands and say fuck it
> all and not care? I choose to oppose the greatest
> threat, the Republican Party. Thats what I deem is
> the best service that I can do for my country in
> this controlled two party American political
> system.
>
> I used to beat on partisans with no remorse or
> mercy in debate. Now I'm one of those people. I
> wasn't born this way. You made me this way.

Classic Gerry! Lolololololololololololol!

Date: February 19, 2017 09:47AM

Damn, I had endorsed Bernie 3 years ago.

Date: February 19, 2017 09:49AM

DNC wants to know why they lost it's all in that fucking comment right there. It's pure genius. If they correct all of that and make that their party platform they will be a super dominant party.

Date: February 19, 2017 09:49AM

And that was three years ago.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.