HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Gun Control: Protecting Terrorists and Despots"
Posted by: Rod ()
Date: December 09, 2008 05:00PM

Gun Control: Protecting Terrorists and Despots"

Tragically, over the Thanksgiving holiday, the world was reminded how evil and cruel people can be. According to emerging accounts of the events in India, about a dozen well-armed and devastatingly well-trained terrorists laid siege on the city of Mumbai, killing almost two hundred people, and terrorizing thousands.

Regardless of the reasons, the indiscriminate shooting on masses of unarmed and defenseless people is chilling and reprehensible. How were these terrorists able to continue so long, relatively unchallenged, killing so many?

India’s gun laws are her business, of course. However, once the shock of these events and the initial reaction of fear passes, Americans should take away a valuable lesson about real homeland security and gun control from this tragedy.

Gun control advocates tell us that removing guns from society makes us safer. If that were the case why do the worst shootings happen in gun free zones, like schools? And while accidents do happen, aggressive, terroristic shootings like this are unheard of at gun and knife shows, or military bases. It bears repeating that an armed society truly is a polite society.

The fact is that firearm technology exists. It cannot be uninvented. As long as there is metalworking and welding capability, it matters not what gun laws are imposed upon law-abiding people. Those that wish to have guns, and disregard the law, will have guns. Gun control makes violence safer and more effective for the aggressive, whether the aggressor is a terrorist or a government.

History shows us that another tragedy of gun laws is genocide. Hitler, for example, knew well that in order to enact his “final solution,” disarmament was a necessary precursor. While it is not always the case that an unarmed populace WILL be killed by their government, if a government is going to kill its own people, it MUST disarm them first so they cannot fight back. Disarmament must happen at a time when overall trust in government is high, and under the guise of safety for the people, or perhaps the children. Knowing that any government, no matter how idealistically started, can become despotic, the Founding Fathers enabled the future freedom of Americans by enacting the second amendment.

In our own country, we should be ever vigilant against any attempts to disarm the people, especially in this economic downturn. I expect violent crime to rise sharply in the coming days, and as states and municipalities are even more financially strained, the police will be even less able or willing to respond to crime. In many areas, local police could become more and more absorbed with revenue generating activities, like minor traffic violations and the asset forfeiture opportunities of non-violent drug offenses. Your safety has always, ultimately been your own responsibility, but never more so than now. People have a natural right to defend themselves. Governments that take that away from their people should be highly suspect.

-Ron Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gun Control: Protecting Terrorists and Despots"
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: December 09, 2008 05:19PM

ohhhhhhh!!!!!!! now i see...finally the propaganda has gotten through my thick skull! guns are good...people are bad! guns will save the world..when we all have one! Amen..put it to bed...flush it down the toilet already.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2008 05:19PM by Vince(1).

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: December 09, 2008 06:09PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ohhhhhhh!!!!!!! now i see...finally the
> propaganda has gotten through my thick skull!
> guns are good...people are bad! guns will save
> the world..when we all have one!

You were doing fine up until that point. Why did you have to fuck it up at the end?

Date: December 09, 2008 07:45PM

still stalking me? are you gay?

Posted by: sales ()
Date: December 10, 2008 12:33PM

The facts are gun sales are through the roof since Obama was elected and the economy sucks. People have the right to protect their families and property.

Date: December 10, 2008 12:46PM

yup..guns and a bible..thats all anyone needs to be safe in a world where Obama is president and the econmy is down.

Posted by: Bunker ()
Date: December 10, 2008 03:12PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> yup..guns and a bible..thats all anyone needs to
> be safe in a world where Obama is president and
> the econmy is down.

And plenty of ammo.

Posted by: Rod ()
Date: December 10, 2008 05:15PM

It was my hope that in posting this anti gun enthusiasts could get some understanding about how pro gun people think.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: December 10, 2008 05:22PM

I'm pro gun, but I don't own one. That will probably change soon.

My choice.

I would prefer not to own one, but with the change in the economic climate I am beginning to think it won't hurt to own a shotgun at the least. But I am also considering a concealed carry permit - we'll see.

Posted by: Casey K ()
Date: November 27, 2014 10:49AM

Ponderous, fucking ponderous.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.