HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Another Fact - Matthew Broderick killed mother & daughter in car accident in Ireland in 1987
Posted by: Bueller ()
Date: June 24, 2011 06:39AM

Matthew Broderick
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Broderick

Car accident

On August 5, 1987, Broderick was in Northern Ireland, vacationing with Jennifer Grey, when he veered their rented BMW into the wrong lane on a country road in Enniskillen, County Fermanagh and smashed head-on into a car driven by Anna Gallagher, 30. She and her mother, Margaret Doherty, 63, died instantly.

Broderick spent four weeks in a Belfast hospital with a fractured leg and ribs, collapsed lung and concussion. Grey suffered severe whiplash.

Broderick told authorities he had no recollection of the crash and did not know why he was in the wrong lane. "I don't remember the day. I don't remember even getting up in the morning. I don't remember making my bed. What I first remember is waking up in the hospital, with a very strange feeling going on in my leg," he said at the time.

Broderick was charged with causing death by dangerous driving and faced a prison term of up to five years. He was later convicted of the lesser charge of careless driving and fined $175. The victims' family called the case "a travesty of justice."

Broderick agreed to meet with the family of the two women in the spring of 2003 so that the family could gain some sense of closure about the accident.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer Grey never recovered from Matthew Broderick car crash
Nikki Nelson / WENN.com
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dailydish/detail?entry_id=72922

"Dirty Dancing" star Jennifer Grey turned her back on Hollywood after surviving a fatal car crash in Ireland in 1987, just as her career was taking off.

The actress and her then-boyfriend Matthew Broderick were involved in a head-on collision that left the occupants of the other car, a mother and daughter, dead.

The pair had already found fame as co-stars in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," but Grey was about to land her big break with the release of "Dirty Dancing," which hit movie theatres just days after the accident.

She tells People magazine, "One minute we're going down the road and music is playing, and the next minute ... it's all different. I couldn't be fearless after that.

"I became America's sweetheart within five days of the accident."

But Grey couldn't enjoy her sudden fame. She adds, "The juxtaposition of that deep sorrow, the survivor's guilt, and then being celebrated as the new big thing just didn't jibe. It didn't feel good to be the toast of the town."

And she admits she never recovered from the trauma, effectively turning her back on showbiz at the age of 27: "My head was never the same, my ambition was ever the same."

Grey has made a few movie and TV appearances since "Dirty Dancing," but has returned to the small screen in the latest season of "Dancing With the Stars," which kicked off on Monday.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dailydish/detail?entry_id=72922#ixzz1QBkDAD23
Attachments:
untitled.bmp

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Another Fact - Matthew Broderick killed mother & daughter in car accident in Ireland in 1987
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: June 24, 2011 08:53AM

Another fact-

In 1983 actor Michael J. Fox was arrested for the brutal kidnapping and sexual assault of a 67 year old grandmother of three in Riverside, CA.

Oh, it sounded kind of real and funny in a dark kinda way, didn't it?

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Re: Another Fact - Matthew Broderick killed mother & daughter in car accident in Ireland in 1987
Date: June 24, 2011 09:21AM

Broderick did kill that gal and her kid. I remember when it happened. It sounds like he was used to driving on the right side of the road and just turned into this gal. It was a sad accident, nothing more.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: June 24, 2011 11:28AM

I like the way attention whore Jennifer Grey focuses on her "trauma", totally disregarding the people who died.
Plus blaming her shitty career on it.
Faked nosed hypocrite.

Posted by: yagirll ()
Date: June 24, 2011 11:29AM

WingNut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another fact-
>
> In 1983 actor Michael J. Fox was arrested for the
> brutal kidnapping and sexual assault of a 67 year
> old grandmother of three in Riverside, CA.
>
>
> Oh, it sounded kind of real and funny in a dark
> kinda way, didn't it?

SIKEEEEEE

Posted by: Juxtaposition ()
Date: June 26, 2011 05:38PM

nobody puts baby in the corner

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: June 26, 2011 08:06PM

He also killed the part of Harold Hill, in The Music Man.

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: June 26, 2011 08:36PM

graymoose1 Wrote:
> He also killed the part of Harold Hill, in The
> Music Man.

And not in a good way.

Posted by: Carol Griffin ()
Date: September 16, 2013 09:41PM

Matthew Broderick is paying for killing those women. Every morning he has to wake up and remember the reality that is his life. He's married to a woman who may be the creepiest, most ugly hag on the face of this earth.She looks like a witch with a foot for a face, and the body of a halocoust survivor. I think we can all agree that being married to SJP is punishment enough.

Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: September 16, 2013 10:35PM

"On August 5, 1987, Broderick was in Northern Ireland, vacationing with Jennifer Grey"

i'd sooner beleive revisionists were writing wiki articles and stealing from broderick's bank account: assuring people it was all in the name of repayment (for what never happened, of course)

never heard of the accident.

i believe wiki for facts i can confirm. god i'd never trust wikipedia for truth in history. are you kidding? wiki is for sale to the highest bidder. the history they show is whatever the big rat wants people to see. product information too: complete bull.

beleive wiki for what they don't have a reason to lie about, that's about it.

did you read the article on the "history" of america and the phillipines ? complete trash

says phillipines were big time communist supporters, that they had ties with china, a military, and fought great battles against the americans in wwii.

i'm pretty sure when the usa got there during wwII, the phillipines, is was becasue they needed an island closer to japan for convenience, and to keep japan from taking over the gov to use it's resources against us. and there was not big resistance. infact i knew some people from there they never talk about anything like that. and it's not as if america stayed in the phillipines and ran the gov or made them slaves either, as far as i know.

but you should see the long communist drivel artile about plans and theories and marches and all a bunch of stuff you could never confirm (i think never happened)

revisionism. i'm sure some of our gov (from foreign countires in our gov) is shredding our history and re-writing it as we speak

i think a bunch of foreigners are in our gov right now writing laws that we have to allow green card workers access to banks so they can order foreign products for "competition reasons"

so there

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2013 10:37PM by svennestle.

Date: September 16, 2013 10:49PM

svennestle Wrote:
> "On August 5, 1987, Broderick was in Northern
> Ireland, vacationing with Jennifer Grey"
>
> i'd sooner beleive revisionists were writing wiki
> articles and stealing from broderick's bank
> account: assuring people it was all in the name of
> repayment (for what never happened, of course)
>
> never heard of the accident.
>
> i believe wiki for facts i can confirm. god i'd
> never trust wikipedia for truth in history. are
> you kidding? wiki is for sale to the highest
> bidder. the history they show is whatever the big
> rat wants people to see. product information too:
> complete bull.
>
> beleive wiki for what they don't have a reason to
> lie about, that's about it.
>
> did you read the article on the "history" of
> america and the phillipines ? complete trash
>
> says phillipines were big time communist
> supporters, that they had ties with china, a
> military, and fought great battles against the
> americans in wwii.
>
> i'm pretty sure when the usa got there during
> wwII, the phillipines, is was becasue they needed
> an island closer to japan for convenience, and to
> keep japan from taking over the gov to use it's
> resources against us. and there was not big
> resistance. infact i knew some people from there
> they never talk about anything like that. and
> it's not as if america stayed in the phillipines
> and ran the gov or made them slaves either, as far
> as i know.
>
> but you should see the long communist drivel
> artile about plans and theories and marches and
> all a bunch of stuff you could never confirm (i
> think never happened)
>
> revisionism. i'm sure some of our gov (from
> foreign countires in our gov) is shredding our
> history and re-writing it as we speak
>
> i think a bunch of foreigners are in our gov right
> now writing laws that we have to allow green card
> workers access to banks so they can order foreign
> products for "competition reasons"
>
> so there

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_659_19-real-sinister-conspiracies-that-actually-happened/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fanpage&utm_campaign=new+article&wa_ibsrc=fanpage

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: September 17, 2013 06:07PM

Jenny was going down on Brodericks rod when the crash occured.

She also got her nose fixed.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.