HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Why do people feel the need to constantly buy a new flat screen tv every black Friday when the flat screen they bought last year on black Friday & the flat screen they bought the year before last on black Friday still works?
Posted by: I Dont Understand? ()
Date: November 28, 2013 08:28PM

Why do people feel the need to constantly buy a new flat screen tv every black Friday when the flat screen they bought last year on black Friday & the flat screen they bought the year before last on black Friday still works?

Unnecessary spending if you ask me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why do people feel the need to constantly buy a new flat screen tv every black Friday when the flat screen they bought last year on black Friday & the flat screen they bought the year before last on black Friday still works?
Posted by: Keep my cash ()
Date: November 28, 2013 08:39PM

Because the retailers and the media bombard people with the idea if you do not spend your money you are missing out. As the saying goes "Buying stuff you do not need with money you do not have to impress people you do not like"

Re: Why do people feel the need to constantly buy a new flat screen tv every black Friday when the flat screen they bought last year on black Friday & the flat screen they bought the year before last on black Friday still works?
Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: November 28, 2013 08:41PM

Making Black Friday purchases is what's known as "mental masturbation". People feel like they have to go out and buy something- anything.... or they will be overwhelmed with regret that they missed out on something. When they make a Black Friday purchase, which they are convinced is at a huge discount, they get a feeling of euphoria.....almost like an orgasm. It's a brilliant marketing scheme that seems to work since so many people are having orgasms RIGHT NOW on Thanksgiving night!

Posted by: Uncle Walter ()
Date: November 28, 2013 08:48PM

Wrong Stabie. While some things aren't that good of a deal, name-brand, 55" plus, smart TV's for less than $700 are a good deal.

To the OP: people upgrade in size or functionality (3-D, or higher refresh or smart technology, etc). There are still a decent amount of folks out there that still have old tube TV's stashed somewhere in their house in spare bedrooms, or in the basement that wait till Black Friday to replace them.

Date: November 28, 2013 08:54PM

Uncle Walter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wrong Stabie. While some things aren't that good
> of a deal, name-brand, 55" plus, smart TV's for
> less than $700 are a good deal.

You mean like this?

http://www.sears.com/samsung-55inch-class-1080p-120hz-led-hdtv-un55fh6003/p-05771485000P?prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4

Just picked this up with free delivery from the comfort of my hotel room in NYC!

Posted by: uncle dick ()
Date: November 28, 2013 08:56PM

Uncle Walter Wrote:

>
> To the OP: people lack penis size or functionality.
>

Date: November 28, 2013 08:57PM

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: November 29, 2013 12:20AM

Stabitha Wrote:
> Uncle Walter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wrong Stabie. While some things aren't that
> good
> > of a deal, name-brand, 55" plus, smart TV's for
> > less than $700 are a good deal.
>
>
> You mean like this?
>
> http://www.sears.com/samsung-55inch-class-1080p-12
> 0hz-led-hdtv-un55fh6003/p-05771485000P?prdNo=4&blo
> ckNo=4&blockType=G4
>
> Just picked this up with free delivery from the
> comfort of my hotel room in NYC!

Which hotel room?

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: November 29, 2013 12:30AM

I need to get a new desktop as my main computer just fried its DIMM slots. Fortunately there is an abundance of Windows 7 Professional on Tigerdirect and Newegg. Some of these off lease workstations are pretty powerful, and have better components than gaming PCs.

Posted by: jhgrt ()
Date: November 29, 2013 08:05AM

eesh Wrote:
> I need to get a new desktop as my main computer
> just fried its DIMM slots. Fortunately there is an
> abundance of Windows 7 Professional on Tigerdirect
> and Newegg. Some of these off lease workstations
> are pretty powerful, and have better components
> than gaming PCs.

i still use XP

Posted by: Leroy ()
Date: November 29, 2013 10:16AM

My new flat screen is a full 2 inches bigger than the one from last year! And I was able to charge it to my baby momma's SNAP card! Suckers!!

Posted by: gewec ()
Date: November 30, 2013 04:24AM

Stabitha Wrote:
> Oh crap, just found it for $2 less. Should I
> cancel first one?
>
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtool
> s/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8433468&SRCCODE=WEBCRITAP
> &cm_mmc_o=-KeCjC2ybfwBCjCqHa-q7HaGW7CjC-gfbMw%20Vk
> Al&utm_source=Criteo&utm_medium=CPC%2BBanner&utm_c
> ontent=Active%2BPlus&utm_campaign=retargeting

you can get new tv's free. many of the samsung tv's are under a federal recall. i find them at garage sales ans yard sales and pay like $2. then samsung sends me a new tv in a box free. i then sell it on craigslist for almost retail. been doing this 3 years now and make more than i did working a job

Posted by: Marukis ()
Date: November 30, 2013 07:15AM

Leroy Wrote:
> My new flat screen is a full 2 inches bigger than
> the one from last year! And I was able to charge
> it to my baby momma's SNAP card! Suckers!!

fool, any smart baby daddy knows you have her steal it while you wait at home. SNAP benefits are for beer, smokes and lottery tickets.

Posted by: simplelythebest ()
Date: November 30, 2013 05:59PM

the answer is simple.

With todays flat screens over time they get dull and consumers want
the best vivid visuals out of their TV.

If the tv can not be fixed/repaired or upgraded then you gotta get rid of it.

Posted by: Very simple ()
Date: November 30, 2013 06:11PM

It's called being "nigger Rich."

Posted by: why why why ()
Date: November 30, 2013 08:14PM

Went from 720 to 1080.

NON smart to a smart TV.

Its much thinner.

Went from 48' to 65'

Posted by: This just in ... ()
Date: November 30, 2013 10:25PM

I just read some information on numbers from Thursday evening and Black Friday. Walmart sold 2 million TVs. Dayam, that's a lot of TVs. Now, what will happen to the 2 million TVs that they are replacing with the new ones?

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: November 30, 2013 10:39PM

Will anybody be buying the Sony 84 inch TV? It's like $25k.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: November 30, 2013 10:44PM

Im saturated in 42's and 47's Im in the market for some 65's and 70's.

Posted by: Race Bannon ()
Date: December 01, 2013 12:15AM

This just in ... Wrote:
> I just read some information on numbers from
> Thursday evening and Black Friday. Walmart sold 2
> million TVs. Dayam, that's a lot of TVs. Now,
> what will happen to the 2 million TVs that they
> are replacing with the new ones?

I wonder how many were stolen looking at those savages fighting and beating each other to get to the tv's.

Date: December 01, 2013 12:20AM

eesh Wrote:
> Will anybody be buying the Sony 84 inch TV? It's
> like $25k.

I doubt that was a black friday deal. You need a big ass room for an 84" TV!

Posted by: firestick user ()
Date: November 28, 2020 02:02PM

Stabitha Wrote:
> eesh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Will anybody be buying the Sony 84 inch TV?
> It's
> > like $25k.
>
> I doubt that was a black friday deal. You need a
> big ass room for an 84" TV!

That's racist!

Posted by: 3 years agi ()
Date: November 28, 2020 02:12PM

I upgraded from a LCD to a OLED, big difference

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.