HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Jesse Jackson Jr (Dem-ILL)- Facing Criminal Charges? in Rehab?- WHAT?!?
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: July 09, 2012 06:08PM

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/236729-sen-durbin-suggests-rep-jackson-jr-will-have-to-release-more-details-about-condition-soon

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) said Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.) had a "responsibility" to release more information about his medical condition, which has caused the congressman to go on leave.

"As a public official, there comes a point when you have a responsibility to tell the public what's going on," Durbin said at a press conference in Chicago, according to Crain's Chicago Business on Monday.

Something rather odd is going on in Chicago...

Jesse Jr is the son of "Reverend" Jesse Jackson, the corrupt and race-baiting founder of the Rainbow Coalition. Jesse Jr. became a US Representative after replacing the disgraced Democrat Rep.Mel Reynolds, who was busted and jailed for sex with underage girls in the 90's.

Jesse Jr. took a medical leave of absence last month soon after the criminal indictment of political fundraiser Raghuveer Nayak who had alleged at one time that Jackson had negotiated with disgraced Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich to illegally purchase an appointment to the US Senate seat that was vacated by Barack Obama after his election to the presidency. Allegations had surfaced that Jesse Jr had offered to Blago $6 million in fundraising for the vacant Senate seat.

Jackson claimed the medical leave was deal with issues of exhaustion. (?) In 2009, Jackson was named one of the 15 most corrupt members of Congress by the liberal Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington for his role in the Blago scandal.

Jackson was questioned by the FBI and insisted that he was a cooperating witness.

My first though when the Blago mess hit the fan was that Jesse Jr indeed cooperated, ie snitched on Blago and provided information about his dealing with him regarding the Senate seat that was being "sold". I use the word "snitch" because Jesse Jr sounds to be a willing and criminal participant in the scheme, and that he probably gave investigators a bogus and self-serving account that exonerated himself and threw all blame onto Blago.

Now that the original whistle blower has been officially indicted, the ball game changes and the feds begin to play their game of tag- asking the newly indicted Nayak to tag someone else involved in criminal activity and make that person "it".

Blago is also festering in federal prison with a sentence of over 10 years and has much to gain by cooperating and coming clean about other corrupt high level players in Chicago and beyond.

The claim of "exhaustion" and checking in undisclosed "treatment" is a red flag and often a form of legal manuevering and damage control for high profile celebs and politicos seeking image redemption and/or leniency when sentenced.

Watch this on- I may be wrong, but I think there is something fishy as fuck is going on here.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jesse Jackson Jr (Dem-ILL)- Facing Criminal Charges? in Rehab?- WHAT?!?
Posted by: typical ()
Date: July 09, 2012 06:22PM

WingNut Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The claim of "exhaustion" and checking in
> undisclosed "treatment" is a red flag and often a
> form of legal manuevering and damage control for
> high profile celebs and politicos seeking image
> redemption and/or leniency when sentenced.
>
> Watch this on- I may be wrong, but I think there
> is something fishy as fuck is going on here.

like most black guys, he's probably smoking "blunts" and drinking 40s.

Date: July 09, 2012 06:25PM

typical Wrote:
> like most black guys, he's probably smoking
> "blunts" and drinking 40s.

He's typical of "political families" who are raised on diets of corruption.

I doubt there is a serious substance abuse issue as the main problem here at all, just optical wrangling to avoid the pending disgrace.

Date: July 11, 2012 11:46PM

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/11/politics/congress-jackson-absence/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Being treated for a "mood disorder". I think that was Ted Kennedys POS son excuse too when he was driving drunk and wrecking cars.

I'll be really surpised if he hasn't been advised that an indictment is pending and that he needs to start constructing a diminished capacity defense.

What a dickhead.

Posted by: play the card ()
Date: July 11, 2012 11:57PM

Its no surprise. The media will have a hands off approach to this. Dont want to stir up the race card from big daddy jessie

Date: July 12, 2012 09:39AM

Todays Washington Post article is the typical libtard blather about the optics and appearances Jesse Jr's absence.

Fellow Illinois Democrat Dick Durbin calls for dislosure and transparency, but hardly in a confrontational manner. Then a couple of paragraphs from his defenders..

Not until the VERY LAST PARAGRAPH does this little gem pop out-

He has been under investigation by the House Ethics Committee in recent years over allegations that he improperly raised money for former Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich (D) in an effort to win appointment to the Senate seat formerly held by President Obama. As part of a corruption investigation, Blagojevich was heard on a tape saying that Raghuveer Nayak, an associate of Jackson, had offered to pay $1.5 million to the governor if the congressman was appointed to the Senate. Nayak was arrested last month on unrelated fraud charges just days after Jackson’s medical leave began.

Watch this one, watch this one, watch this one.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: Lloydster ()
Date: July 12, 2012 10:22AM

I wonder if the ACA will cover Jr.'s rehab?

I could be wrong but I'm right 99% of the time

Posted by: Sad but Probably True ()
Date: July 12, 2012 12:51PM

WingNut Wrote:
> http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/11/politics/congress-ja
> ckson-absence/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
>
> Being treated for a "mood disorder". I think that
> was Ted Kennedys POS son excuse too when he was
> driving drunk and wrecking cars.
>
> I'll be really surpised if he hasn't been advised
> that an indictment is pending and that he needs to
> start constructing a diminished capacity defense.
>
>
> What a dickhead.

I hate to be cynical, but you're probably right. My guess is that he was used to seeing his father engage in corrupt behavior without consequences, and he just assumed that he could do it too. But there's a difference between being a civil rights leader (no matter how corrupt) and being a congressman.

Date: October 16, 2012 09:19AM

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/49428393/#49428393

I called this one right, but it looks like the feds had to go for the easier "misuse of campaign funds" route.

Just as I thought, Jesse Jr. has been hiding out in rehab and laying the groundwork for some kind of diminished capacity defense or damage control.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: shorty ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:36AM

Gee,what a total fucking shock.

Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: October 17, 2012 05:25AM

WingNut Wrote:
> http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/49428393/#4
> 9428393
>
>
> I called this one right, but it looks like the
> feds had to go for the easier "misuse of campaign
> funds" route.
>
> Just as I thought, Jesse Jr. has been hiding out
> in rehab and laying the groundwork for some kind
> of diminished capacity defense or damage control.

I wonder why John Edwards didn't try that defense being that he is a Democrat and a 1%er.

Date: October 17, 2012 07:20AM

Great Washington Post story, several pages so I did not cut and paste-

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/jesse-jackson-jr-political-candidate-and-focus-of-many-unanswered-questions/2012/10/15/9eba085e-1704-11e2-8792-cf5305eddf60_story.html

Funny enough, JJ Jr has the backing of Democrat Party in Illinois and is running virtually unopposed for the same US Congress seat that he currently controls.

Reminds me of another nepotism launched, Prozac-addled wobble head by the name of US Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-MA).

What does it say about our countrty that fucking morons like this are in power and their stories ignored by the media until they become absolutely unignorable?

Posted by: play it again sam ()
Date: October 17, 2012 07:28AM

Between him and his daddy they are wearing that race card out.
Attachments:
3434.png

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.