HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Idiot NYC Barge Pilot Tears Up Space Shuttle "Enterprise"
Posted by: John Glenn ()
Date: June 04, 2012 05:18PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Idiot NYC Barge Pilot Tears Up Space Shuttle "Enterprise"
Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: June 04, 2012 06:13PM

And that's why we got the real shuttle and they got the paperweight. Should have called in Cpt. Sully to direct that bitch down the Hudson, at least he has experience in that particular area...

Date: June 04, 2012 06:25PM

Considering NASA did the same thing a couple of times while the Shuttle was in flight/space, I'll give this guy a pass.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Date: June 04, 2012 06:30PM

I don't know, man...when NASA was moving this thing around it was usually somewhat more complicated than letting it float around on a barge in the Hudson going 3 mph.

Posted by: thug boss ()
Date: June 04, 2012 06:56PM

Look for the union label for such quality work

Posted by: Capn Tugg ()
Date: June 04, 2012 07:59PM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know, man...when NASA was moving this
> thing around it was usually somewhat more
> complicated than letting it float around on a
> barge in the Hudson going 3 mph.

If you think maneuvering a tug and barge in NY harbor's notorious riptides is easy, you're an idiot. It ain't like parking your Bimmer, dude. Back in the days of trans-atlantic ocean travel, liners used to hit the docks in Manhattan all the time, doing great deals of damage to the dock.

In this incident, I blame whoever loaded the thing on a barge too narrow for the job.

Date: June 04, 2012 08:06PM

If you think I drive a BMW you're an idiot. YOU DON'T KNOW ME! Also, it isn't "back in the days" anymore.

Posted by: Holy shit! ()
Date: June 04, 2012 08:09PM

That's what you get with a NJ cab/boat driver.

LOL!

Posted by: Mr Care ()
Date: June 04, 2012 08:15PM

Fuck it, NOVA doesn't need that shuttle any more, we got a new one.

Posted by: Duhh ()
Date: June 04, 2012 08:46PM

Capn Tugg wrote:
>
> In this incident, I blame whoever loaded the thing
> on a barge too narrow for the job.

So I guess the jackass who side swipes someone on 495 isn't to blame? It's the auto manufacture who built the car that width. What kind of fucktard statement was that Cap'n Tugg?

Posted by: 22039 ()
Date: June 04, 2012 08:57PM

""The railroad bridge and the Cross Bay Bridge, each presented challenges," said Dennis Jenkins, who was on board the barge with Enterprise. "The passage through the railroad bridge was narrow with only a few feet of clearance on each wingtip..."

""A sudden microburst of wind, measured at 35 knots, caused the rub panel foam protective layer of the wingtip of Enterprise to graze the protective wood piling bumpers in the water designed to bumper vessels," the museum said."

http://www.space.com/15996-space-shuttle-enterprise-barge-damage.html

Pretty hard to avoid. It's not like it was piloted by Joseph Hazelwood or worse... a minivan driving, cell phone talking, left lane hogging, below the speed limit driving, soccer mom on the Fairfax County Parkway, during rush hour.

Posted by: Bingo! ()
Date: June 05, 2012 07:51AM

"Look for the union label..."

+1

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 05, 2012 07:54AM

The passage through the railroad bridge was narrow with only a few feet of clearance on each wingtip..."

that's funny how most idiots around the Country will be calling this barge driver stupid......heck, will probably look at an entire industry of Ship Captains and consider them stupid and NEVER even think to realize how almost impossible a task that right there is to accomplish.

Just funny........

Date: June 05, 2012 10:05AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> The passage through the railroad bridge was narrow
> with only a few feet of clearance on each
> wingtip..."
>
>
> that's funny how most idiots around the Country
> will be calling this barge driver
> stupid......heck, will probably look at an entire
> industry of Ship Captains and consider them stupid
> and NEVER even think to realize how almost
> impossible a task that right there is to
> accomplish.
>
> Just funny........

I have no doubt the barge captain probably complained to the barge company about the limited clearance ahead of time and he was told to do it anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: June 05, 2012 10:08AM

Here is a more illustrative series.

vert045902.jpg

The damage appears to be pretty minor.

Date: June 05, 2012 10:11AM

I'm pretty sure they can fix it easily - it's not like it has to be flight-ready ever again y'know?

it's so weird that we got a real Space Shuttle, they move our proto-Shuttle to NYC, and Houston - HOME OF THE F**KING SPACE CENTER!! - gets stuck with some fake model. Ahhhhh, It's great to live here sometimes :)

Posted by: observer53 ()
Date: June 05, 2012 10:12AM

22039 Wrote:
> Pretty hard to avoid. It's not like it was piloted
> by Joseph Hazelwood or worse... a minivan driving,
> cell phone talking, left lane hogging, below the
> speed limit driving, soccer mom on the Fairfax
> County Parkway, during rush hour.

yeah but we didn't give it to the soccer mom we gave it to the union expert

the enterprise is not the best one to see but cuz it isnt a real shuttle but i am glad i got to see it undamaged before new york got their hands and barges on it

Posted by: Gordon Blvd's Cul-de-Sac ()
Date: June 05, 2012 11:42AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> The passage through the railroad bridge was narrow
> with only a few feet of clearance on each
> wingtip..."
>
>
> that's funny how most idiots around the Country
> will be calling this barge driver
> stupid......heck, will probably look at an entire
> industry of Ship Captains and consider them stupid
> and NEVER even think to realize how almost
> impossible a task that right there is to
> accomplish.
>
> Just funny........

Ms. Blvd...part of being a professional is knowing your limitations and the limitations of the tools of your trade. As a professional barge captain, if your vessel and its cargo can't fit through an opening then you have a professional obligation to say it can't be done. Hoping it will go through an opening is not a barge piloting strategy...

I'm in sales. If my product can't be sold...or won't generate the revenue that's expected from it, then I work with my engineers and manufacturers to create a product that WILL meet everyone's expectations. I don't just hit the street with it and HOPE that my customers will buy it...

Date: June 05, 2012 08:09PM

Duhh Wrote:
> Capn Tugg wrote:
> >
> > In this incident, I blame whoever loaded the
> thing
> > on a barge too narrow for the job.
>
> So I guess the jackass who side swipes someone on
> 495 isn't to blame? It's the auto manufacture who
> built the car that width. What kind of fucktard
> statement was that Cap'n Tugg?

Awright, I admit I didn't read the article. I thought he hit the dock.

But, going through a bridge is often even hairier than docking. I was just venting about idiots in their cubicles criticizing a USCG licensed tug skipper. You have to be VERY good to get that far in the trade.

I worked 10 years on a towboat on the Mississippi and Ohio rivers and never got further than 2nd mate. I have tremendous respect for those skippers.

A standard Mississippi barge when I was in it was 295 feet long and 50 feet wide. A typical tow was fifteen of these barges lashed three wide and five long. That's five football fields long and 150 feet wide not counting the 10,000 horsepower towboat at the stern, which adds about another hundred feet. I've stood watch at the helm and the thought of it still scares the shit out of me.

A fully loaded Mississippi barge tow only has to nudge a bridge to bring the whole damned thing down along with all the cars on it. The liability is enormous and that's why they don't put just anybody in charge of them.

It seems like if they knew they had very close horizontal clearance that they would have jacked the space shuttle up at an angle so no part of it extended past the gunwales. But maybe since it's just a museum piece it wasn't worth going to the expense of all that?

Posted by: Mario Gambino ()
Date: June 05, 2012 10:16PM

This screwup can be summed up in one word: Unions.

Posted by: skiper ()
Date: June 05, 2012 10:36PM

There where 2 tugboats there one puling one foloving right behind the baby Barge,what is the name of the tugboat company?Give us a name of those idiots

Posted by: The Skipper ()
Date: June 06, 2012 07:20AM

I should never have let Gilligan take the wheel. What was I thinking?

Date: June 06, 2012 10:24AM

skiper Wrote:
> There where 2 tugboats there one puling one
> foloving right behind the baby Barge,what is the
> name of the tugboat company?Give us a name of
> those idiots

If it was NYC, it was probably Moran. Was there a big "M" on the wheelhouse or stack? Moran has been at it since there have been tugboats.

They are the Foss of the East Coast.

Date: June 06, 2012 10:35AM

Mario Gambino Wrote:
> This screwup can be summed up in one word:
> Unions.

I didn't realize microbursts were unionized.

Date: June 06, 2012 10:36AM

Gordon Blvd's Cul-de-Sac Wrote:

>
> I'm in sales. If my product can't be sold...or
> won't generate the revenue that's expected from
> it, then I work with my engineers and
> manufacturers to create a product that WILL meet
> everyone's expectations. I don't just hit the
> street with it and HOPE that my customers will buy
> it...

um, which is why you are in sales and NOT in engineering or manufacturing............

or else you'd know that accidents and mishaps occur down here from time to time, Archangel.............sheesh

Date: June 06, 2012 10:44AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> Gordon Blvd's Cul-de-Sac Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > I'm in sales. If my product can't be sold...or
> > won't generate the revenue that's expected from
> > it, then I work with my engineers and
> > manufacturers to create a product that WILL
> meet
> > everyone's expectations. I don't just hit the
> > street with it and HOPE that my customers will
> buy
> > it...
>
>
> um, which is why you are in sales and NOT in
> engineering or manufacturing............

And maybe that's why that barge driver should be doing something else...a big part of living a fulfilling life is engaging a livelihood that one is good at.

> or else you'd know that accidents and mishaps
> occur down here from time to time,
> Archangel.............sheesh

He drives a boat for a living. He couldn't check the weather to see if there was a threat of microbursts? Or measure his boat and the shuttle and the width of the underpass opening to know what his tolerances were accounting for some weather? This kind of shit happens all the time...people think they can accomplish something and it turns out...they can't.

I cant believe I've got to hold his hand and walk him thru it...................
Date: June 06, 2012 10:57AM

which is of course why you are in sales.............LoLz

So, Mr Sales...............let's say you had to transport something you just sold somewhere, and you had a transportation budget of, oh say, THE U.S. GOVERNMENT!!! I bet you'd pay the extra 5 bucks and get the BEST BARGE DRIVER IN THE REGION to pilot the barge, right? The one who knows those waters like the back of his hand - that's what you'd want, right? And maybe, just maybe, if it had been any other barge pilot, that WHOLE FUCKING BRIDGE WOULD HAVE COME DOWN!! Ask those engineer buddies of yrs......maybe they can explain it to ya ;)

Posted by: BrianSchoeneman ()
Date: June 06, 2012 11:15AM

This is a tricky area to navigate, and the shuttle is not standard cargo. There's a reason why these barges and tugs are surrounded with rubber fenders. The fact that the wings hung over the sides of the barge just added to the difficulty. Cut the guy some slack.

Unions had nothing to do with it. If the barge operator was one of my companies (probably was), you can guarantee the crew had the best training available and they knew their jobs. Even the best trained crews and captains can't anticipate every potential outcome on the water. The best trained crews on those barges are invariably union crews.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2012 11:18AM by BrianSchoeneman.

Re: I cant believe I've got to hold his hand and walk him thru it...................
Date: June 06, 2012 11:22AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> which is of course why you are in
> sales.............LoLz
>
> So, Mr Sales...............let's say you had to
> transport something you just sold somewhere, and
> you had a transportation budget of, oh say, THE
> U.S. GOVERNMENT!!! I bet you'd pay the extra 5
> bucks and get the BEST BARGE DRIVER IN THE REGION
> to pilot the barge, right? The one who knows those
> waters like the back of his hand - that's what
> you'd want, right? And maybe, just maybe, if it
> had been any other barge pilot, that WHOLE FUCKING
> BRIDGE WOULD HAVE COME DOWN!! Ask those engineer
> buddies of yrs......maybe they can explain it to
> ya ;)

Has anyone besides me ever challenged you on ANYTHING on this forum and won an Interwebz?

@BrianSchoeneman - Don't you have an election to prepare to lose? Christ...

Date: June 06, 2012 11:47AM

I'm not running for anything.

Just checked and those weren't my guys. Not sure if they're union at all.

here I come with my big ole pair of cul-de-sacs ;)
Date: June 06, 2012 12:06PM

@Brian - cause you see, we'd just let the Shuttle be driven around by just anybody, you see.................. o_0

@Cul-you come down on Brian for why? He disagreed with you about Unions? Some people person you are, Mr Sales. One is betting that ..................you know what? I'm gonna be nice, not even go there and motor on ahead, answer yr questions(see, I can be nice, kids).
Ok, let's see................I used to be DEAD-SET against open carry but I'm a little more tolerable of it now. I was pretty pissed off at the Falls Church PD for a bit over how I saw the Gardner investigation get handled.............but ppl more in the know schooled me on the reality of how it went down so there;s that. There've been a cpl ppl actually get me to understand that not ALL pitbull owners are assholes (and that is QUITE an accomplishment let me assure you..........). And Brian, up there. He has shown me that Republicans arent all stereotypical and one-minded.
So yeah.........you give me logic - I give you respect. I mean you come up in here acting like the Barge Capt was some dork who'd been flippin burgers back in Feb just cause the media's spun the story that way...........but truth of the matter is that Shuttle cant get to where it needs to get without going thru that bridge, or flying it in by VERY EXPENSIVE HELICOPTER or by chopping it in pieces, I guess..........I dunno. But either way, wind happens. Cant really predict it since, you know, the world is TURNING and everything (the world keep on turning, I got to keep my feet on the ground LoLz) That whole damn bridge could have fallen in the river that Barge Capt knows his shit.......knows CONSIDERABLY more than shit, prolly.

pic unrelated
Attachments:
i have a tank - opinion.jpg

Re: here I come with my big ole pair of cul-de-sacs ;)
Posted by: 2concerned ()
Date: June 06, 2012 12:59PM

Date: June 06, 2012 01:56PM

Ms. Blvd, I disagreed with Brian because I backed him in the election and lost. That's what he does.

The barge captain may not have been flippin burgers but, he fucked up and he didn't fuck up with a load of slope-built shitbox cars...he fucked up the space shuttle...into a bridge...in NYC. So, yeah...I get to club him. If you disagree with my doing so, that's on you.

As for the shuttle can't get to where it needs to go...that's precisely my point. It didn't need to be moved in the first place. It was fine right where it was. Now, some gibroni has gone and fucked it up. And yes, it's not going into space anymore but, it's fucked up. Cameron Frye's Dad's Ferrari wasn't meant to be driven but Ferris fucked that up, ya' know?

In closing, why when you post your pics do you say, "pic unrelated". I mean either the pic's unrelated so don't post anything...or have the ovaries to own your shit when you take a stand against someone. Christ...

Date: June 06, 2012 02:52PM

@Cul - let me guess.................sales arent going so hot.

LoLz

Date: June 06, 2012 04:06PM

No, no, no...let ME guess, Ms. Blvd. I guess you just got served...Christ...

Posted by: Rose Hillian ()
Date: June 06, 2012 04:17PM

SNAP on Gordon! ya'll got served East St. Louis style!

Soupy Sales using a movie to compare to a real life incident. That's "MIGHTY" Funny LoL
Date: June 06, 2012 04:18PM

dont think I can be served by somebody too stupid to understand the Barge Capt was not the one deciding the timetable on WHEN the Shuttle was going to be moved.............

pic unrelated
Attachments:
bitchplease.gif

Posted by: Gordon BIvd. ()
Date: June 06, 2012 04:59PM

You got served Gordon Blvd, because you didn't respond to what he said...

Posted by: John Glenn ()
Date: June 06, 2012 09:21PM

FWIW, this thread should not have been moved...I posted it on the Fairfax page because that shuttle used to be at Udvar-Hazy...

Date: June 06, 2012 10:11PM

@John - yeah...........but we got our own now :)
@Gordon. - I already answered his bullshit he never asked his Engineer buddies like I told him too:
;; Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 06, 2012 10:57AM
"...........let's say you had to transport something you just sold somewhere.........."

Shuttle is supposed to be somewhere and Jackass is like "well, Barge Capt should just say "nope, cant get there". Well, Mr Sales is a shitty salesman if he cant get the product to the customer and just gives up. His "solution" is "It was fine right where it was" what sorta bullshit is that? You buy a piece of furniture for your house, and the movers have difficulty getting it inside.....are you telling me the sales dept just says "Fuck It"? If that's the real attitude, then that's why America is NOT #1 any more :(

Doofus is not really worth responding to if he cant even figure out that part of the equation.

pic unrelated
Attachments:
stop being stupid  slap.gif

Date: June 06, 2012 10:38PM

NASA should have never approved moving the "Enterprise" from Udvar-Hazy to NYC or anywhere else...it was fine right where it was. Yes, it's their property and they can do what they want with it (including letting some knuckle-dragging barge captain drive it into a bridge abutment) but as a historical artifact, there was no reason to move it. None.

Date: June 06, 2012 10:42PM

um....ok? So how it that the Barge Capt's fault that he was given a job to do and did it best he could?

And as for why they moved it.........................well like I said before this is why you are in sales. And not Politix LoLz

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: June 06, 2012 11:36PM

Ha, it's amazing how great NASA was at moving this thing, flying it piggybacked on another aircraft no less (Which required an immense amount of planning and scouting), yet these clowns screw-up a barge trip.

Btw, yes, I admit that I wouldn't want the job of moving the Enterprise like that, and I might not have done any better of a job myself without some practice at steering a barge, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have planned it better from the get-go. There are multiple routes that thing could've gone, and they could've even landed it at Newark Airport and barged it from there (Simply as an option, if necessary, although JFK deserved it due to their Shuttle backup runway).

The Daily Mail has a great article about it all, along with some hilarious and actually justifiable commentary:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2154686/Space-shuttle-Enterprise-damaged-crashing-bridge-journey-Intrepid.html

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

land it at Newark, huh?
Date: June 07, 2012 12:31AM

ok...............and I'm sure you have a way to tell us how they are gonna get it across the New Jersey Turnpike to get to the water, right? Just stick it on a truck, right? LoLz

There is a reason JFK was the landing site, yo.............

Date: June 07, 2012 07:47AM

It's the barge captain's fault because you don't drive a barge with a load that extends beyond the gunwales...under a bridge...especially when that load is...THE FUCKING SPACE SHUTTLE!

They needed a bigger boat. Now, Ms. Blvd...stay with me...I know these are hard concepts for you to understand what with you not being in sales and all...it's not the captain's responsibility to personally BUILD a bigger boat or arrange for a bigger boat to be brought in...

It's simply his responsibility to say, "Fellas? My boat measures {insert number} and this here bottle rocket you want me to move measures {insert larger number}...we need a bigger boat..." That's it. That's all he has to do.

Nope, not this mother fucker...nope, he went ahead and drove it into the bridge...

Date: June 07, 2012 08:32AM

Gordon Blvd's Cul-de-Sac Wrote:
> Ms. Blvd, I disagreed with Brian because I backed
> him in the election and lost. That's what he
> does.
>
> The barge captain may not have been flippin
> burgers but, he fucked up and he didn't fuck up
> with a load of slope-built shitbox cars...he
> fucked up the space shuttle...into a bridge...in
> NYC. So, yeah...I get to club him. If you disagree
> with my doing so, that's on you.
>
> As for the shuttle can't get to where it needs to
> go...that's precisely my point. It didn't need to
> be moved in the first place. It was fine right
> where it was. Now, some gibroni has gone and
> fucked it up. And yes, it's not going into space
> anymore but, it's fucked up. Cameron Frye's Dad's
> Ferrari wasn't meant to be driven but Ferris
> fucked that up, ya' know?
>
> In closing, why when you post your pics do you
> say, "pic unrelated". I mean either the pic's
> unrelated so don't post anything...or have the
> ovaries to own your shit when you take a stand
> against someone. Christ...

Thanks for your support.

This shuttle never went into space. It was a mock-up designed strictly to test the shuttle's aerodynamics on landing. It has no working engines, and it never actually flew under it's own power. It just glided.

We traded Enterprise to New York for Discovery here. They got a model, we got an actual orbiter, the longest serving one with the most storied history of the original three that still exists. I think that was a fair deal.

Date: June 07, 2012 08:48AM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Gordon Blvd's Cul-de-Sac Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ms. Blvd, I disagreed with Brian because I
> backed
> > him in the election and lost. That's what he
> > does.
> >
> > The barge captain may not have been flippin
> > burgers but, he fucked up and he didn't fuck up
> > with a load of slope-built shitbox cars...he
> > fucked up the space shuttle...into a
> bridge...in
> > NYC. So, yeah...I get to club him. If you
> disagree
> > with my doing so, that's on you.
> >
> > As for the shuttle can't get to where it needs
> to
> > go...that's precisely my point. It didn't need
> to
> > be moved in the first place. It was fine right
> > where it was. Now, some gibroni has gone and
> > fucked it up. And yes, it's not going into
> space
> > anymore but, it's fucked up. Cameron Frye's
> Dad's
> > Ferrari wasn't meant to be driven but Ferris
> > fucked that up, ya' know?
> >
> > In closing, why when you post your pics do you
> > say, "pic unrelated". I mean either the pic's
> > unrelated so don't post anything...or have the
> > ovaries to own your shit when you take a stand
> > against someone. Christ...
>
> Thanks for your support.
>
> This shuttle never went into space. It was a
> mock-up designed strictly to test the shuttle's
> aerodynamics on landing. It has no working
> engines, and it never actually flew under it's own
> power. It just glided.
>
> We traded Enterprise to New York for Discovery
> here. They got a model, we got an actual orbiter,
> the longest serving one with the most storied
> history of the original three that still exists. I
> think that was a fair deal.

Thank you for a brief history of "Enterprise". I'm sorry you think it was a fair deal. It wasn't. Wrecking the "glider" as you put it was NOT part of the deal. And wrecking the "glider" in a preventable accident was also not part of the deal. Barge captain fail.

Cause, you see Gordon, putting the Space Shuttle on a bigger boat will make it smaller!! Problem, NASA?
Date: June 07, 2012 08:50AM

@Brian - I know I like it! :) Took my kids to see it 1st weekend. AWESOME FACILITY! Soooooooo many things for kids to see and do!

@Gordon - Sigh..........They needed a bigger boat. Bigger boat. Ok. So just out of curiosity.................................HOW THE FUCK WOULD THEY FIT THE BIGGER BOAT THRU THE BRIDGE IF THE BOAT THEY HAD BARELY FIT!!!?!?!

but dont even stress yr brain on that one........... Since you are too lazy to talk to yr engineers, I dont think you will never figure out that putting the Space Shuttle on a larger barge IS NOT GOING TO MAKE THE SPACE SHUTTLE SMALLER!!

duuuuuuurrrrrrrr

..........which is , of course, why you are in sales...................

pic unrelated

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2012 09:01AM by Gordon Blvd.
Attachments:
flying chair - anti-commonsense.jpg

Re: Cause, you see Gordon, putting the Space Shuttle on a bigger boat will make it smaller!! Problem, NASA?
Date: June 07, 2012 02:39PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> @Brian - I know I like it! :) Took my kids to
> see it 1st weekend. AWESOME FACILITY! Soooooooo
> many things for kids to see and do!
>
> @Gordon - Sigh..........They needed a bigger
> boat. Bigger boat. Ok. So just out of
> curiosity.................................HOW THE
> FUCK WOULD THEY FIT THE BIGGER BOAT THRU THE
> BRIDGE IF THE BOAT THEY HAD BARELY FIT!!!?!?!
>
> but dont even stress yr brain on that
> one........... Since you are too lazy to talk to
> yr engineers, I dont think you will never figure
> out that putting the Space Shuttle on a larger
> barge IS NOT GOING TO MAKE THE SPACE SHUTTLE
> SMALLER!!
>
> duuuuuuurrrrrrrr
>
> ..........which is , of course, why you are in
> sales...................
>
> pic unrelated

At last we agree...if there wasn't a bigger boat capable of safely conveying Brian's glider down the river without wrecking it...perhaps it should not have been moved at all. Who the fuck tries to move something through a space that's too small? Not sales professionals, Ms. Blvd...poorly-skilled, overpaid barge captains, that's who...Christ...

listen to this guy - true "salesmanship" here..........
Date: June 07, 2012 03:04PM

so..............you're upset at the barge captain because the customer (NYC) for wanting to place their "purchased product" (the Shuttle) where they wanted it (The Intrepid) and that's the Barge Capt's fault. That's the "logic" that you are running with?

...........which, of course, why you are in sales and not politix

your focus on how it "should not have been moved at all" instead of the "how to get it to where it needs to be" tells me that maybe you wont be in sales that much longer anyways LoLz

..........some of us just dont "try" to get things done.

pic unrelated
Attachments:
Nothing-is-impossible-GIF.gif

Date: June 08, 2012 08:17AM

Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised about the shuttle being fucked up...the tri-state area has a long history of wrecking things. Prior to Sullenburger's crash landing in the river...the last time someone tried to move something into the area, Captain Max Pruss was doing his part to create the cover art for Led Zeppelin I out at Lakehurst Naval Air Station in New Jersey...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.