HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion to +$17 trillion first day after Federal government able to borrow again
Posted by: Welcome back! ()
Date: October 18, 2013 02:56PM

U.S. debt jumped a record $328 billion on Thursday, the first day the federal government was able to borrow money under the deal President Obama and Congress sealed this week.

The debt now equals $17.075 trillion, according to figures the Treasury Department posted online on Friday.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion to +$17 trillion first day after Federal government able to borrow again
Posted by: who the fuck cares ()
Date: October 18, 2013 02:59PM

Since it's Government that's doing the math for the U.S. debt I wonder what the real number is?

Re: U.S. debt jumps a record $328 billion to +$17 trillion first day after Federal government able to borrow again
Posted by: Barry in 16 ()
Date: October 18, 2013 03:01PM

I have heard projections of eighty trillion when you figure in unfunded liabilities for future entitlements.

Posted by: Idiot Says What? ()
Date: October 18, 2013 03:19PM

Barry in 16 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have heard projections of eighty trillion when
> you figure in unfunded liabilities for future
> entitlements.

"Unfunded liabilities". What a ridiculous concept.

Posted by: eLester ()
Date: October 18, 2013 03:37PM

Intragovernmental holdings rose 140 billion dollars in one day also. Much of this is to repay money borrowed from accounts such as the TSP G fund. Normally, one would expect a serious market decline and some backup in rates with the added supply (180+ billion dollars).

Posted by: gerry2 ()
Date: October 18, 2013 03:40PM

Yeah, I've also accounted for 80 trillion in surpluses in unaccounted for revenue with tax and marginal entitlement reform in the future. LoL unfunded liabilities.

Date: October 18, 2013 03:42PM

Mitt Romney pays 11 percent on the 250 million he doesnt have stashed away in off shore accounts and they want tell me about unfunded liabilities.

Date: October 18, 2013 03:47PM

Obama has reduced defecits more than any other president in history. We're now 600 billion away from a balance budget if Republicans stop wasting away 24 billion dollara and consumer confidence on gov't shut downs.

Posted by: Fat~Bottom~Girl ()
Date: October 18, 2013 04:28PM

gerry2 Wrote:
> Obama has reduced defecits more than any other
> president in history. We're now 600 billion away
> from a balance budget if Republicans stop wasting
> away 24 billion dollara and consumer confidence on
> gov't shut downs.

Attachments:
0003.gif

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: October 18, 2013 04:33PM

That's not counting the 3 billion dollars we gave to build that shit hole Kentucky a dam. So that's at the very very least, 24 billion dollars wasted so that dipshit John Boehner could keep his job and teach Tea Party idiots a 24 billion dollar lesson in the Constitution and so the Minority Leader, ugly ass Mitch McConnell could have better chances in his own re-election by bringing home that beacon.

How about you fucking assholes lecture your own God damn wasteful hypocritical corrupt Republicans first being before lecturing the rest of us.

Date: October 18, 2013 04:48PM

Lower deficit is mainly due to no TARP, rollover of debt, and QE. Average duration of government debt is around 5 or 6 years. It takes about that length of time from the peak in 2007 to bring the average interest rate on federal debt down to 1.3% today.

Date: October 18, 2013 04:50PM

How about economic stability, consumer confidence, less unemployment, return to grown, increase in revenue, more investment and manufacturing, increased exports, less dependence on foreign oil.

Non of the good shit matters when it comes to the economy and debt does it to you motherfucker? A stock market that has doubled in value.

Date: October 18, 2013 04:52PM

QE he says, and what is your solution again? Austerity? Mr. Economic prowess, lets talk solutions.

Posted by: Liberal Logic 29 ()
Date: October 18, 2013 04:54PM

gerry2 Wrote:
> Mitt Romney pays 11 percent on the 250 million he
> doesnt have stashed away in off shore accounts and
> they want tell me about unfunded liabilities.

In other words Mitt Romney pays more in a single year in taxes then 30 percent of liberal voters pay in a life time combined.

Posted by: gerry3 ()
Date: October 18, 2013 04:57PM

Let me tell you a little secret these bastards that are hoping for another bubble to pop dont want to tell you, Obama's policies have been a resounding success thus far in comparison with their idiotic economic positions that were implemented overseas, in Greece for instance, they're doing well, or Britain pulling themselves out of a triple dip recession. Lets continue to stabilize the economy, give credit where credit is do and tackle the debt as Americans and not classes.

Posted by: support our troops ()
Date: October 18, 2013 06:58PM

gerry3 Wrote:
> Obama's policies have been a resounding success

Obama does not have the American people’s best interests at heart. He doesn’t respect the American people as a whole. There have been many veterans groups that asked to have meetings with him or come to the White House and have a picnic on the East Lawn and he said no. And at the same time, this was about two years ago, the Muslim Brotherhood had 1,000 of their people come to the East Lawn for a prayer session.

Date: October 18, 2013 07:04PM

please name the so called "Veterans Groups" account for their agenda's whether they relate purely to issues related to Veterans and give examples of these so called requests or shut up.

Re: Perpetual motion machines
Date: October 18, 2013 07:09PM

It's sad that five years into a recovery that the politicians, the central bankers,and the people act as if we're always on the precipice and that these extreme measures are normal. Obviously, the interest rates are far from normal and would wreak havoc on the government if they were to revert to the 4 to 5 percent range. That alone would add 700 billion dollars to the annual deficit.

Posted by: support our troops ()
Date: October 18, 2013 07:16PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> please name the so called "Veterans Groups"
> account for their agenda's whether they relate
> purely to issues related to Veterans and give
> examples of these so called requests or shut up.

He wanted to change our country, and he has succeeded at it. Not making it change for the better, but he has destroyed the American way of life. He has made it a point: you don’t have to work, we’ll take care of it. People hear “free” and they think it’s free. Someone behind them has paid for that with sweat and hard work. He has forced the United States to make choices that they should never have had to make. “Do I pay the electric bill or do I go ahead and pay for Obamacare for somebody else to go to the doctor?” I don’t think that’s right.

Date: October 18, 2013 10:11PM

I bet you think waging unnecessary pre-empitve occupations were not something that destroyed the American way of life. Establishing the Department of Homeland Security and the Patriot Act were just fine with our way of life as well. Instilling endless fear and hate into the minds of Americans of terrorism for political benefit also had no affect on the way of life we once enjoyed?

Obama, wishing to undo those disastrous changes in our reality though, is counter productive in your eyes I assume. I know your kind, and your kind wants to change the American way of life, not Obama.

Posted by: Liberal Logic 29 ()
Date: October 18, 2013 10:23PM

Gerrymanderer2 Wrote:
> I bet you think waging unnecessary pre-empitve
> occupations were not something that destroyed the
> American way of life. Establishing the Department
> of Homeland Security and the Patriot Act were just
> fine with our way of life as well. Instilling
> endless fear and hate into the minds of Americans
> of terrorism for political benefit also had no
> affect on the way of life we once enjoyed?
>
> Obama, wishing to undo those disastrous changes in
> our reality though, is counter productive in your
> eyes I assume. I know your kind, and your kind
> wants to change the American way of life, not
> Obama.

Yes if by undo those things you mean expanding every single one of those departments while widen the government control and information gathering on our society.

Great post as always gerbear

Date: October 19, 2013 10:20AM

I have heard projections of eighty trillion when you figure in unfunded liabilities for future entitlements.

^^^ Scary stuff.....

Date: October 19, 2013 10:59AM

Each administration tends to layer on more lies, distortions, and abusive practices on top of the prior regime. This administration is no different.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.