HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
We're A Normal Couple
Posted by: sinfulgirl ()
Date: November 18, 2008 04:09PM

Ok, I am sickened, literally to the point I want to vomit, that this couple thinks they are normal.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/11/18/lkl.beatie.qanda/index.html

We all have our definitions of normal, disfunctional, liberal, etc. But this is just disgusting and its ABNORMAL! WTF Why is the media promoting this story. And what's with the family members accepting this behavior.

Our country needs change alright, it needs counselors!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: We're A Normal Couple
Date: November 18, 2008 04:22PM

sinfulgirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ok, I am sickened, literally to the point I want
> to vomit, that this couple thinks they are normal.
>
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/11/18/lkl.beatie.qanda/
> index.html
>
> We all have our definitions of normal,
> disfunctional, liberal, etc. But this is just
> disgusting and its ABNORMAL! WTF Why is the
> media promoting this story. And what's with the
> family members accepting this behavior.
>
> Our country needs change alright, it needs
> counselors!

Oh. like this "guy" hasn't seen some counselors already?

Date: November 18, 2008 04:30PM

Good answer. Technically, he probably has prior to going through the change. Let me think about this and find a better resolution to treating or ridding our country of this behavior.

I'm still sickened.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: November 18, 2008 04:31PM

Why do you care? I do not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2008 04:31PM by Radiophile.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: November 18, 2008 04:34PM

Why, I think it's completely normal for a woman to have a sex change and claim to be a man while still being proud of the 100% female capability to bear children. I further think that it's completely normal to expect people to really believe that this is a man, and he is giving birth, but that it is completely ordinary and should be unquestionably accepted.

Date: November 18, 2008 04:39PM

Bravo MrMephisto! I must truly question your gender.

I care because I have experienced the changes of this country and many have been extraordinary and positive. However, this type of behavior leads to the degradation of our society.

Let us return to the 60s and 70s.

Date: November 18, 2008 04:40PM

sinfulgirl Wrote:
> Let us return to the 60s and 70s.

I, too, would favor a return to legal drugs and widespread casual sex.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: November 18, 2008 04:50PM

MrMephisto Wrote:

>
> I, too, would favor a return to legal drugs and
> widespread casual sex.

+1

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: November 18, 2008 04:54PM

sinfulgirl Wrote:
>>> Let us return to the 60s and 70s.

Instead of a Fairfax Underground Internet Forum, we could have the Fairfax Underground Drum Circle.

Posted by: GAYpeer ()
Date: November 18, 2008 04:58PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> sinfulgirl Wrote:
> >>> Let us return to the 60s and 70s.
>
>
> Instead of a Fairfax Underground Internet Forum,
> we could have the Fairfax Underground Drum Circle.

That was lame!

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: November 18, 2008 05:32PM

I saw the couple being interviewed on Larry King...they seemed more normal then most the posters on here.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: November 18, 2008 10:22PM

sinfulgirl Wrote:
> Bravo MrMephisto! I must truly question your
> gender.
>
> I care because I have experienced the changes of
> this country and many have been extraordinary and
> positive. However, this type of behavior leads to
> the degradation of our society.
>
> Let us return to the 60s and 70s.

I agree with you sinfulgirl.

It seems the white family social unit is eroding away say compared to the Korean,

Japanese, Chinese, even Hispanics. Our culture does have more dysfunction, more gays, more casual sex, more trans, more drugs, relaxed standards, more weirdness.
Our families are so focused on two parent incomes more then focusing on the needs of the family. There's more sex every where on TV, videos, at school, outside and families need the help of the entire extended family to assist. Some American families consist of just one parent, because everyone's looking for the easy way out. But once you have children there's no easy nothing, it's time to grow up and act l;ike an adult. A lot of our culture has been took irresponsibility and lack of respect which leads to decay, and toxins to take over in society.

We need a moral and social overhaul to old-fashion ideals again.

Posted by: erik ()
Date: November 19, 2008 08:07AM

sinfulgirl Wrote:
> Ok, I am sickened, literally to the point I want
> to vomit, that this couple thinks they are normal.
>
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/11/18/lkl.beatie.qanda/
> index.html
>
> We all have our definitions of normal,
> disfunctional, liberal, etc. But this is just
> disgusting and its ABNORMAL! WTF Why is the
> media promoting this story. And what's with the
> family members accepting this behavior.
>
> Our country needs change alright, it needs
> counselors!

Who cares? Their family members probably want them to be happy and fulfilled in life (shocking, I know).

Date: November 19, 2008 08:53AM

All this outrage regarding the degradation/disfunctionality of society is all a bunch of crap. The definition of old and pharty is when you start blaming others for the corruption of society. There are no constant social norms...and allowing more personal choice is not a bad thing..it's a good thing. It is our reaction to that change which is either bad or good. In other words...all you old pharts...get over it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2008 08:53AM by Vince(1).

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: November 19, 2008 08:59AM

How does this affect you or the USA in a bad way?
People can do whatever they want, as long as it's not hurting anyone else and I don't see how this is harmful to anyone.

Leave these folks alone and concentrate on making your own life better. You'll drive yourself crazy worrying about all the people out there doing things in their personal life that you don't agree with.
In fact, this story wouldn't even be in the news if it weren't for all the "holier than thou" crowd that object to it.Now that you've made such a big deal of it, you can expect more people to start doing this more often.

BTW, parts of the 60's and 70's were great (the music, sex, cars), but you can never go back again. Besides, people back then would have protested in favor of this couple because "the man" was keeping them down and free from their right to do their thing and be happy.
40 years later, now YOU have become "the man".
Sit back and take a chill pill.

Date: November 19, 2008 10:08AM

Personally, I don't think this an outrage and I don't care. I don't know these people. I don't associate with them. The government has no business getting into their lives or the lives of Terri Schiavo's family or anyone else's, for that matter.

You conservatives scream about government getting into your business but have no problem with it getting into other people's bedrooms. Live and let live.

Date: November 19, 2008 10:33AM

To clarify my point, I refer to this statement:

"Thomas: Well, I filled it [the birth certificate] out as me father, Nancy mother, and they changed it last minute, and they put her as father and me as mother. And then they changed it again and put us as parents. That's fine and dandy, but we don't have a domestic partnership. We're not a same-sex marriage. We're legal man and wife."

This isn't about conservatism or the sanctity of marriage or my precious social mores.

What we have here is a person that had their tits removed, testosterone therapy, does NOT have a Y chromosome, gives birth, and yet is legally married as as a man and woman. Yet, at the same time, two lesbians or gays that are nowhere near as fucked up as "Thomas" aren't allowed to get married.

I mean, come on! "Thomas" has to fuck Nancy with a testosterone-enhanced clitoris, and I'm supposed to say, "wow, nothing unusual about that. What a happy, totally-legitimate male and female couple."

The poor kids are going to be all fucked up when they're older, but I guess that's normal, too.

Date: November 19, 2008 10:37AM

MrMephisto Wrote:

>
>
> The poor kids are going to be all fucked up when
> they're older, but I guess that's normal, too.

We have nearly 3 million people in prison in this country. I would venture to guess none of them had a trans-gender father give birth to them.

Date: November 19, 2008 11:10AM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> MrMephisto Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> >
> > The poor kids are going to be all fucked up
> when
> > they're older, but I guess that's normal, too.
>
>
> We have nearly 3 million people in prison in this
> country. I would venture to guess none of them had
> a trans-gender father give birth to them.

You are absolutely right, but I didn't say they'd grow up to be criminals. I just said they'll be fucked up when they're older.

Not all people in jail are necessarily fucked up, either.

Date: November 19, 2008 11:20AM

MrMephisto Wrote:

>
> You are absolutely right, but I didn't say they'd
> grow up to be criminals. I just said they'll be
> fucked up when they're older.
>
> Not all people in jail are necessarily fucked up,
> either.

Most people are fucked up. I don't see where this trans-gender situation is any worse than having a workaholic father, a mother who hates her life, parents who fuck around on each other, alcoholic parents, etc. In fact, I would venture to guess that their kids end up being more normal than you might think.

Date: November 19, 2008 11:27AM

Ok, I concede, I should not have speculated on their childrens' future. I've known plenty of fucked up people that came from normal backgrounds, so that was a silly thing of me to say.

I still stand by everything else I said.

Date: November 19, 2008 02:07PM

I beg to differ. Twenty years from now, I will venture back to this site and feel confident when I post that the children will have some sort of physical and mental effect. I cannot factually say, as I am not in the medical field, but what are the risks of a child being born from a female taking testosterone?

A workaholic father shows that he provides for the family.
A mother who hates herself will want her children to live a better life.
Parents who cheat are individuals who have committment issues but since the days of Bill Clinton that has become socially acceptable.
Alcoholic parents have a greater influence over their children becoming a non-drinker.

I'm sure you will tear these apart and feel free to do so. I was merely trying to vent yesterday about my opinion of the situation. Isn't that why we are here?

Date: November 19, 2008 02:08PM

I beg to differ. Twenty years from now, I will venture back to this site and feel confident when I post that the children will have some sort of physical and mental defect. I cannot factually say, as I am not in the medical field, but what are the risks of a child being born from a female taking testosterone?

A workaholic father shows that he provides for the family.
A mother who hates herself will want her children to live a better life.
Parents who cheat are individuals who have committment issues but since the days of Bill Clinton that has become socially acceptable.
Alcoholic parents have a greater influence over their children becoming a non-drinker.

I'm sure you will tear these apart and feel free to do so. I was merely trying to vent yesterday about my opinion of the situation. Isn't that why we are here?

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: November 19, 2008 02:20PM

Numbers Wrote:
> How does this affect you or the USA in a bad way?
>
> People can do whatever they want, as long as it's
> not hurting anyone else and I don't see how this
> is harmful to anyone.
>
> Leave these folks alone and concentrate on making
> your own life better. You'll drive yourself crazy
> worrying about all the people out there doing
> things in their personal life that you don't agree
> with.
> In fact, this story wouldn't even be in the news
> if it weren't for all the "holier than thou" crowd
> that object to it.Now that you've made such a big
> deal of it, you can expect more people to start
> doing this more often.
>
> BTW, parts of the 60's and 70's were great (the
> music, sex, cars), but you can never go back
> again. Besides, people back then would have
> protested in favor of this couple because "the
> man" was keeping them down and free from their
> right to do their thing and be happy.
> 40 years later, now YOU have become "the man".
> Sit back and take a chill pill.

The media brought this out (not the religious folks). Personally I would rather not see this kind of thing "sensationalized" by the media - but if they are happy and they are not hurting anyone - who the hell cares. That is why I am all for Civil Unions, just don't force Churches to perform the ceremonies and I could care less who your "partner" is. As a side note to that though - don't come around and try to make us believe it is "normal". Parents need to be responsible (of whatever gender, family makeup, etc) to educate their children on why they are a family, and what their morals are. It is not up to the school system to "indoctrinate" children into believing that other folks are "normal", but they should definitely teach them to be tolerant of other ways of life.

Date: November 19, 2008 02:44PM

I also really like the part where s/he says, "...We naively thought that we were going to be able to get away with me giving birth without anyone knowing."

If s/he hadn't done an interview for the Advocate when s/he was 6 months pregnant, gone on Larry King Live and Oprah, and written a $17.00 book on the "I'm totally a real man giving birth" delusion, then yeah, nobody might have known.

If this was a completely secure couple that was one hundred percent comfortable with their situation, why the need to convince others how "normal" this is?

Date: November 19, 2008 03:04PM

They're not secure. Hell, s/he wasn't secure with their own sexuality to begin with. Freaks.

Date: November 19, 2008 04:35PM

sinfulgirl Wrote:
> I beg to differ. Twenty years from now, I will
> venture back to this site and feel confident when
> I post that the children will have some sort of
> physical and mental defect. I cannot factually
> say, as I am not in the medical field, but what
> are the risks of a child being born from a female
> taking testosterone?
>

Good luck finding this site 20 years from now.

> A workaholic father shows that he provides for the
> family.

Adult children of workaholics were compared with adult children of nonworkaholics on self-concept, anxiety, depression, and external locus of control. Results indicate greater depression and external locus of control among the offspring of workaholics. Children of workaholic fathers also experienced higher anxiety. Self-concept was not related to parental workaholism. - American Journal of Family Therapy

> A mother who hates herself will want her children
> to live a better life.

The mother's self-esteem also relates to the social competence of her children, to beliefs about discipline practices, and to abusive attitudes about children (Braun & Fuscaldo, 1988; Hubbs-Tait et al., 1994).

> Parents who cheat are individuals who have
> committment issues but since the days of Bill
> Clinton that has become socially acceptable.

All these experts found that an adult having an affair becomes so swept up in personal needs that that parent seems incapable of focusing on the potential effect on the child.

Dr. Pittman said small children in such situations ''tend to exhibit anxiety symptoms, with clinging, bed-wetting, thumb-sucking, fire-setting, temper tantrums, night terrors - in fact, anything that seems an appropriate response to the fear that their family is about to be wiped out.''

Older children, who may feel angry or betrayed when they find out that a parent is having an affair, may respond by acting out. - New York Times

> Alcoholic parents have a greater influence over
> their children becoming a non-drinker.

The risk of a child of alcoholics becoming an alcoholic is higher - The National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism

>
> I'm sure you will tear these apart and feel free
> to do so.

The facts will do that for me.

> I was merely trying to vent yesterday
> about my opinion of the situation.

Why are you "venting?" It doesn't impact you one damn bit.

> Isn't that why
> we are here?

And I'm here to say you are full of shit.

Date: November 20, 2008 11:21AM

I had an interesting revelation last night; I realized that I was a bull dyke woman trapped in a man's body. I'm going to start calling myself Tracy, and demand to be legally acknowledged as a woman.

But since I'm a bull dyke lesbian, I can still wear men's clothing, no make-up, not shave, and fuck women with my "enlarged clitoris."

There's not a goddamned thing you can say about it, because I'm gender confused, and it's completely normal.

Posted by: sk8ter bOI ()
Date: November 20, 2008 11:47AM

Judge not lest ye be judged.

Date: November 20, 2008 01:23PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> I had an interesting revelation last night; I
> realized that I was a bull dyke woman trapped in a
> man's body. I'm going to start calling myself
> Tracy, and demand to be legally acknowledged as a
> woman.
>

Then shouldn't you start posting under MsMephisto?

Date: November 20, 2008 01:28PM

It won't let me change my username, and I don't want to lose my posting count by creating a new account. If I did, then nobody would have anything to pick on me about. :(

Date: November 20, 2008 01:35PM

I think you just want the best of both worlds like Thomas.

Date: November 20, 2008 01:38PM

SHUT UP! IT'S NORMAL! I'M NORMAL! STOP OPPRESSING MY RIGHT TO CHOOSE MY GENDER AND SEXUALITY! YOU'RE A BIGOT!

Date: November 20, 2008 01:57PM

No. It's much more normal to rant and rave about people you don't know, associate with or have anything to do with because they have done something that has no impact whatsoever on you, your family or your community.

Date: November 20, 2008 02:05PM

Like Joe the Plumber? :)

Date: November 20, 2008 02:20PM

Again, my frustration with this is the fact that gays and lesbians aren't allowed to get married, but this chick gets her tits removed and some hormone therapy, and is allowed to get married in a state that will legally recognize her as a man despite the whole "vagina and giving birth" thing, but doesn't allow gay marriages.

Maybe I should just bury my head in the sand on any issue that I don't have a personal investment in, such as racism, anti-semitism, abortion rights, stem cell research, and child molesting priests. None of those things impact me or my family, so why should I care?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2008 02:22PM by MrMephisto.

Date: November 20, 2008 02:21PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Like Joe the Plumber? :)

Joe the Plumber had a huge fucking impact on my blood pressure.

Date: November 20, 2008 02:26PM

His book is coming out in December.

I'm not making that up.

Registered Voter Wrote:

Date: November 20, 2008 02:27PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> His book is coming out in December.
>
> I'm not making that up.
>
>
>
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Like Joe the Plumber? :)

And there goes my blood pressure again.

Date: November 20, 2008 02:30PM

Lol well, it was more in reference to other folks - I had forgotten that he managed to impact your life more directly than anyone else that normally posts here. :)

My apologies.

Date: November 20, 2008 02:32PM

Seriously, who the fuck wants to read something like this?

Date: November 20, 2008 02:41PM

Registered Voter Wrote:

First, Joe the Plumber would have impacted my life because he was trying to influence the outcome of an election for a guy whose policies would have been detrimental to most Americans. Second, I haven't written much of anything about the guy since the election because he has since become irrelevant to my life.

Date: November 20, 2008 02:48PM

MrMephisto Wrote:

>
> Maybe I should just bury my head in the sand on
> any issue that I don't have a personal investment
> in, such as racism, anti-semitism, abortion
> rights, stem cell research, and child molesting
> priests. None of those things impact me or my
> family, so why should I care?

Racism has never impacted your life? Have you ever been affected by Affirmative Action?

Antisemitism hasn't impacted your life? Isn't U.S. support of Israel one of the reasons we have this War on Terror? Been to an airport since 9/11?

Abortion Rights don't impact your life? That has nothing to do with who is appointed to the Supreme Court or the make-up of the Republican Party these days?

Stem cell research doesn't impact your life? It will, once Obama and the Democrats provide adequate funding for research.

As for pedophile priests, think about what it was like going to Little League or Boy Scouts when you were a kid and what it is like now for your kids? The Catholic Church cases have been part of the sea-change in the way we deal with child predators.

Date: November 20, 2008 02:49PM

He was and still is irrelevant to your life.

The only reason he became relevant is because a bunch of people illegally accessed his privacy protected information and posted it all over the internet. If they had just left it at McCain and Obama commenting on the guy, and not tried to turn him into a pariah, he would have been relevant for all of one news cycle.

Date: November 20, 2008 03:09PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> Racism has never impacted your life? Have you ever
> been affected by Affirmative Action?

Nope. I'm white and don't discriminate against other races, but if other people do, I guess it's none of my business.

> Antisemitism hasn't impacted your life? Isn't U.S.
> support of Israel one of the reasons we have this
> War on Terror? Been to an airport since 9/11?

It is, but I'm not Jewish, I don't like flying, and I didn't lose any family in the 9/11 attacks, so I guess it's none of my business.

> Abortion Rights don't impact your life? That has
> nothing to do with who is appointed to the Supreme
> Court or the make-up of the Republican Party these
> days?

I'll never get pregnant, so I guess it's really none of my business whether or not pregnant women have the right to their own bodies.

> Stem cell research doesn't impact your life? It
> will, once Obama and the Democrats provide
> adequate funding for research.

I don't have any debilitating genetic diseases, so I guess I really shouldn't be concerned whether or not people that do get life-saving treatments.

> As for pedophile priests, think about what it was
> like going to Little League or Boy Scouts when you
> were a kid and what it is like now for your kids?
> The Catholic Church cases have been part of the
> sea-change in the way we deal with child
> predators.

I didn't go to Boy Scouts or Little League, I wasn't molested as a child, and I wouldn't make my kid go to a catholic church, so I guess it's none of my business whether or not priests fuck little boys in the ass.

Since I'm not gay, it's definitely none of my business that homosexuals don't have the same rights as heterosexuals due to some "sanctity of marriage" bullshit, unless one partner gets a mastectomy or breast implants and turns the relationhship into a completely normal and 100% acceptable heterosexual one.

Date: November 20, 2008 03:12PM

MrMephisto Wrote:

>
> Since I'm not gay, it's definitely none of my
> business that homosexuals don't have the same
> rights as heterosexuals due to some "sanctity of
> marriage" bullshit, unless one partner gets a
> mastectomy or breast implants and turns the
> relationhship into a completely normal and 100%
> acceptable heterosexual one.

You need to learn to distinguish between what is relevant to your life and what isn't.

Date: November 20, 2008 03:22PM

I think the blatant and socially accepted double-standard of a certain law is incredibly relevant to the country as a whole. If it wasn't, why weren't black people OK with the policy of "separate, but equal?"

Date: November 20, 2008 03:31PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> I think the blatant and socially accepted
> double-standard of a certain law is incredibly
> relevant to the country as a whole. If it wasn't,
> why weren't black people OK with the policy of
> "separate, but equal?"

Because black people lived with the repercussions of "Separate but Equal" every day of their lives while you, on the other hand, aren't transgendered or, as far as I can tell, gay.

Date: November 20, 2008 03:34PM

So white people should have just minded their own business during the Civil Rights Movement, because it didn't affect them?

Date: November 20, 2008 04:13PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
> So white people should have just minded their own
> business during the Civil Rights Movement, because
> it didn't affect them?

Anytime rights are being denied to someone it should be relevant to all of us. So you are saying you are for gay marriage then?

Date: November 20, 2008 04:38PM

Yes! That's my entire point! The fact that "Thomas" has two X chromosomes and is capable of giving birth TWICE makes "him" more of a woman than the beard, short hair, and lack of tits make "him" a man. However, s/he is legally recognized as a man, and thus able to marry another woman. This is a slap in the face to gays who are every bit as in love as this "completely normal" couple, yet are not allowed to get married because they are content with their gender.

It's the equivalent of a black person in 1955 using make-up to look white, saying that he's really white on the inside, and the bus driver saying, "Go ahead and sit at the front; the rest of you black people, get in the back."

Date: November 20, 2008 04:49PM

I guess I can buy that.

Date: November 20, 2008 06:17PM

The slap in the face for gay people isnt this transgendered guy/gal...it's the bigotry demonstrated by all the holier then thous who would deny them a basic human right...that is the slap in the face.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2008 08:41PM by Vince(1).

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: November 20, 2008 11:17PM

]
]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2012 02:52PM by Alias.

Date: November 21, 2008 08:53AM

Alias Wrote:
> Mr. M.
> “...gays.....are not allowed to get married
> because they are content with their gender.”
>
> Would they be allowed if they were discontent with
> their gender?

Reading is fundamental.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.