HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: September 23, 2013 03:02PM

http://www.autonews.com/article/20130923/OEM04/130929985/new-flagship-to-test-reach-of-kias-value-pricing-strategy#axzz2fgoriqav


Last week, executives of the South Korean brand detailed plans to introduce a new flagship to the United States early next year: a full-sized, rear-wheel-drive luxury sedan called the K900, according to dealers who attended Kia's national sales meeting in Las Vegas.

The K900, at an expected price of $50,000 to $70,000, will be the most expensive nameplate Kia has sold stateside, and it will be Kia's first rwd sedan in the United States. The U.S. debut will come just in time for a Super Bowl launch, and less than a year after the debut of Kia's previous flagship, the Cadenza, which arrived in showrooms in April.

Don Hobden, chairman of Kia's national dealer council, said Kia officials at the meeting called the K900 "a 7-series value for a 5-series price."





-
Attachments:
kia-k900.jpg
kia-quoris-2-550x284.jpg
2013_Kia_K9_6-thumb-530x297-19925.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Alexander Smith ()
Date: September 23, 2013 03:21PM

Thank you for the laugh, eesh!

I never expected such a shit Korean car manufacture to produce such an expensive vehicle. I'm sure they will loose out big time when this hits the showrooms.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Turd ()
Date: September 23, 2013 03:30PM

It looks like a turd. 70 fucking thousand.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Gordorski ()
Date: September 23, 2013 03:41PM

They still have a lot to learn from Daewoo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: September 23, 2013 03:50PM

fuck no

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: September 23, 2013 03:52PM

Me? no. Racist Koreans? YES!

There will probably be K9000 only parking at Spa World soon after the release.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: GB ()
Date: September 23, 2013 04:53PM

I think the Kia/Hyundai build quality is very good and their styling turns heads. But... I don't think they have the brand recognition or status in the US to pull off 70k for a car.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: From Da Hood -- Autos ()
Date: September 23, 2013 04:57PM

Would I, from Kia? Not really, when you consider that they were nearly bankrupt about 10 years ago. They're coming back, but I would not risk it on a higher end vehicle.

Maybe the Hyundai Equus, though. $70K and the service center comes to you, gives you a loaner while they take your vehicle back to the shop for the oil change. Then, one has to consider the fact that the drivers are treating your gem of a car like a rental car during the process.



Attachments:
equus_new_york.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Kiammer ()
Date: September 23, 2013 05:04PM

GB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the Kia/Hyundai build quality is very good
> and their styling turns heads. But... I don't
> think they have the brand recognition or status in
> the US to pull off 70k for a car.


Despite my wanting to laugh and point and call them crappy Korean-made cars, objectively these days they're as good as any and better than most.

What they don't have is the aspirational buyer appeal and marketing to pull the BMW/Mercedes/Lexus status buyers that they need for something like this. They'll make some just so they can say they have something in that market segment and wait and hope that they can build an image to go along with it (which is doubtful).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: From Da Hood -- Autos ()
Date: September 23, 2013 05:11PM

Kiammer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> What they don't have is the aspirational buyer
> appeal and marketing to pull the
> BMW/Mercedes/Lexus status buyers that they need
> for something like this.

The Euro crowd won't go for the Kia / Hyundai because they are used to the $1,500 repair bills for a simple process. Why does one need a 10 year / 100,000 mile warranty when they have cash to burn?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: September 23, 2013 06:28PM

The Hyundai Eqqus or whatever its called, the high end model, its not bad. Yet its not a Mercedes or Porsche, or other upscale type of car. The answer is a firm nope.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Gjvch ()
Date: September 23, 2013 06:37PM

Tough One Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Hyundai Eqqus or whatever its called, the high
> end model, its not bad. Yet its not a Mercedes or
> Porsche, or other upscale type of car. The answer
> is a firm nope.


I had one as a rental for a week once. Not my kind of thing but it really is a damn nice car. If you put another badge on it and told people that it was Lexus or whatever, I'd bet that high-90% of them wouldn't question it one bit. And this is coming from a long-time BMW guy btw. No, it doesn't handle like one but the vast majority of buyers these days have no clue how a car should handle anyway or drive in any way that they'd ever notice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: September 23, 2013 07:21PM

Gjvch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tough One Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The Hyundai Eqqus or whatever its called, the
> high
> > end model, its not bad. Yet its not a Mercedes
> or
> > Porsche, or other upscale type of car. The
> answer
> > is a firm nope.
>
>
> I had one as a rental for a week once. Not my
> kind of thing but it really is a damn nice car.
> If you put another badge on it and told people
> that it was Lexus or whatever, I'd bet that
> high-90% of them wouldn't question it one bit.
> And this is coming from a long-time BMW guy btw.
> No, it doesn't handle like one but the vast
> majority of buyers these days have no clue how a
> car should handle anyway or drive in any way that
> they'd ever notice.


Was it the upscale Kia or one of their regular upgraded new models, such as an Optima EX? They have come a long way, and I am actually quite thrilled by how they and also Hyundai, have managed to improve quality controls, reliable service.

In fact, Chrysler and GM could learn a lot from both, especially with the extended warranties. They certainly back up their vehicles.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: german car dude ()
Date: September 23, 2013 07:31PM

I drove a Eqqus recently and I was really surprised. It handles almost as well as the Lexus LS, not quite as good as the Germans though. For the price it has a ton of features, luxury, and power. I think the Koreans should start a separate company like Toyota does with Lexus etc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: September 23, 2013 07:36PM

german car dude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I drove a Eqqus recently and I was really
> surprised. It handles almost as well as the Lexus
> LS, not quite as good as the Germans though. For
> the price it has a ton of features, luxury, and
> power. I think the Koreans should start a separate
> company like Toyota does with Lexus etc.


That's a good point, ie. Lexus=Toyota, Acura=Honda, Infiniti+Nissan etc. I agree, it would make sense because these cars makers had enough cred on their own, but took it to the next level. Kia still has a ways to go, although they are in the right direction.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Alexander Smith ()
Date: September 23, 2013 08:02PM

Tough One Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> german car dude Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I drove a Eqqus recently and I was really
> > surprised. It handles almost as well as the
> Lexus
> > LS, not quite as good as the Germans though.
> For
> > the price it has a ton of features, luxury, and
> > power. I think the Koreans should start a
> separate
> > company like Toyota does with Lexus etc.
>
>
> That's a good point, ie. Lexus=Toyota,
> Acura=Honda, Infiniti+Nissan etc. I agree, it
> would make sense because these cars makers had
> enough cred on their own, but took it to the next
> level. Kia still has a ways to go, although they
> are in the right direction.

It's still missing the point that those are all just shiny Toyota's, Nissan's, and Honda's. If one were to spend that extra money on a vehicle around here it would normally be German or a Tesla.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: September 23, 2013 08:05PM

Alexander Smith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If one were to spend that extra money on a vehicle around
> here it would normally be German or a Tesla.




You know that the Lexus LS is the same price as an S class, 7 series, or A8...right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Mamamiakia ()
Date: September 23, 2013 08:06PM

I'll buy a KIA for $70k only when a free Korean girl is offered as standard.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: eM93W ()
Date: September 23, 2013 08:39PM

Tough One Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gjvch Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Tough One Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > The Hyundai Eqqus or whatever its called, the
> > high
> > > end model, its not bad. Yet its not a
> Mercedes
> > or
> > > Porsche, or other upscale type of car. The
> > answer
> > > is a firm nope.
> >
> >
> > I had one as a rental for a week once. Not my
> > kind of thing but it really is a damn nice car.
>
> > If you put another badge on it and told people
> > that it was Lexus or whatever, I'd bet that
> > high-90% of them wouldn't question it one bit.
> > And this is coming from a long-time BMW guy btw.
>
> > No, it doesn't handle like one but the vast
> > majority of buyers these days have no clue how
> a
> > car should handle anyway or drive in any way
> that
> > they'd ever notice.
>
>
> Was it the upscale Kia or one of their regular
> upgraded new models, such as an Optima EX? They
> have come a long way, and I am actually quite
> thrilled by how they and also Hyundai, have
> managed to improve quality controls, reliable
> service.
>
> In fact, Chrysler and GM could learn a lot from
> both, especially with the extended warranties.
> They certainly back up their vehicles.


Oh, sorry... meant the Eqqus. I wanted to find things wrong with it, but I really didn't much. Even looked for things that aren't visible where you might expect that you'd see cut corners but everything seemed well done. Motor kind of sounds like crap and it doesn't have the feel that I like but it drives well for what it is. Still don't think that I'd pay what they want for one though if I were looking for that kind of car.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: YcXtd ()
Date: September 23, 2013 08:41PM

Gordorski might.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Alexander Smith ()
Date: September 23, 2013 08:55PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alexander Smith Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If one were to spend that extra money on a
> vehicle around
> > here it would normally be German or a Tesla.
>
>
>
>
> You know that the Lexus LS is the same price as an
> S class, 7 series, or A8...right?


I have never owner nor driven a Lexus. I don't follow their pricing either.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: September 23, 2013 08:56PM

Alexander Smith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tough One Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > german car dude Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > I drove a Eqqus recently and I was really
> > > surprised. It handles almost as well as the
> > Lexus
> > > LS, not quite as good as the Germans though.
> > For
> > > the price it has a ton of features, luxury,
> and
> > > power. I think the Koreans should start a
> > separate
> > > company like Toyota does with Lexus etc.
> >
> >
> > That's a good point, ie. Lexus=Toyota,
> > Acura=Honda, Infiniti+Nissan etc. I agree, it
> > would make sense because these cars makers had
> > enough cred on their own, but took it to the
> next
> > level. Kia still has a ways to go, although
> they
> > are in the right direction.
>
> It's still missing the point that those are all
> just shiny Toyota's, Nissan's, and Honda's. If one
> were to spend that extra money on a vehicle around
> here it would normally be German or a Tesla.


Agreed for the most part, but Lexus at least, offers some different models. While on the lower end you get a souped up Camry or Avalon, a few of the ones for serious dough are independent of the Toyota line.

Yet I'm with you, I'd go BMW or Mercedes.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: 1972 GranTorinoSport429SCJ ()
Date: September 23, 2013 10:08PM

You know...there's just one thing these Asian carmakers will NEVER understand. Heritage. Legacy. Tradition.

Asians don't INNOVATE. They IMITATE.

Mind you...I'm not saying that K900 is a piece of shit. It's not. In fact, I'm sure it's a lovely car. Luxurious. Performance. Reliability. No question.

But at that pricepoint? You haven't earned that pricepoint, Kia.

The Kia Rio sedan is currently Kia's least expensive car. It starts at $13,600. And when the K900 hits, it will start at $50,000? Even at $35,100 the Cadenza is unjustified.

There's a reason Mercedes, BMW, Jaguar, Audi, Cadillac, Lincoln nor Porsche makes a car that starts at $13,600. And yes, I'm aware that BMW owns SmartCar and GM owns Cadillac and FoMoCo owns Lincoln...but within those brands they operate at the pricepoints they've earned.

If I have $50,000 - $70,000 to spend on a luxury sedan...I am NOT buying a Kia K900.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Landcruiser / LX570 ()
Date: September 23, 2013 11:09PM

If I have 50k to 70k for a luxury vehicle, it won't be a Kia or BMW.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: September 23, 2013 11:26PM

If I'm going to spend 5-10k on a watch, I want a Rolex,,,

If I'm spending 70k on a car, it's going to be a Mercedes.

Try to explain to someone that INSTEAD of buying a Mercedes, you blew your cash on a Kia, and try to convince them its worth 70 grand. Prepare to be laughed at.

Kia will sell these,,,to rich Koreans with a chip on the shoulder, and THEY will try to convince everyone its BETTER than a Mercedes.

Good Luck,,,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: well ()
Date: September 23, 2013 11:37PM

Hatemotor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I'm going to spend 5-10k on a watch, I want a
> Rolex,,,
>
> If I'm spending 70k on a car, it's going to be a
> Mercedes.
>
> Try to explain to someone that INSTEAD of buying a
> Mercedes, you blew your cash on a Kia, and try to
> convince them its worth 70 grand. Prepare to be
> laughed at.
>
> Kia will sell these,,,to rich Koreans with a chip
> on the shoulder, and THEY will try to convince
> everyone its BETTER than a Mercedes.
>
> Good Luck,,,

You can compare them... 70k will get you an E class. With the Hyundai you will have more features, the bigger car, faster, more reliable, more comfortable, and it goes on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Hatemotor ()
Date: September 23, 2013 11:42PM

We're talking about A KIA.

The thread is "Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?"

For the record I'm taking the Mercedes over a Hyundai too,,,

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: FfxU Consumer Reports Liason ()
Date: September 23, 2013 11:57PM

My understanding is that Kias are pretty decent cars but if you're spending $70K for a car, you probably want bragging rights. You won't get bragging rights from a Kia...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Fact.Checker ()
Date: September 24, 2013 01:23AM

well Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hatemotor Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If I'm going to spend 5-10k on a watch, I want
> a
> > Rolex,,,
> >
> > If I'm spending 70k on a car, it's going to be
> a
> > Mercedes.
> >
> > Try to explain to someone that INSTEAD of buying
> a
> > Mercedes, you blew your cash on a Kia, and try
> to
> > convince them its worth 70 grand. Prepare to be
> > laughed at.
> >
> > Kia will sell these,,,to rich Koreans with a
> chip
> > on the shoulder, and THEY will try to convince
> > everyone its BETTER than a Mercedes.
> >
> > Good Luck,,,
>
> You can compare them... 70k will get you an E
> class. With the Hyundai you will have more
> features, the bigger car, faster, more reliable,
> more comfortable, and it goes on.

More reliable? Maybe. More comfortable? That's open to interpretation. I drive a VW GTI. I think it has the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. My girlfriend HATES them.

Now...that leaves "more features", "bigger car" and "faster". These are all measurable metrics. Do you have links from reputable automotive websites to support these claims or are you just going to run your mouth?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: wrongg ()
Date: September 24, 2013 06:04AM

Love how kids need links. Lazy bastards don't know anything, and won't do anything more than lift a finger to click a link someone provides for them.

In addition their brains are mush. Can you not tell from the pictures posted the car is bigger with more features? Are you so unable to reason that you can't figure out a car selling for up to 70k will offer more than one the manufacturer sells for 30k?

You post about your silly GTI and your girlfiends hurting butt and need links. You kids crack me up. Seriously.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: WronggSniper ()
Date: September 24, 2013 08:01AM

wrongg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Love how kids need links. Lazy bastards don't know
> anything, and won't do anything more than lift a
> finger to click a link someone provides for them.
>
> In addition their brains are mush. Can you not
> tell from the pictures posted the car is bigger
> with more features? Are you so unable to reason
> that you can't figure out a car selling for up to
> 70k will offer more than one the manufacturer
> sells for 30k?
>
> You post about your silly GTI and your girlfiends
> hurting butt and need links. You kids crack me up.
> Seriously.

Meh...this kid likes links, too.

If you compare the K9, fully-equipped at $70K and a Mercedes E-Class priced at $70,000 you're going to find an equally or more thoroughly equipped German car then that round-eye poser. It's a little harder to compare the K9 with a BMW 5-series because that car tops out at $65,000. OH NOES! I DIDN'T POST ANY LINKS...WHAT WILL YOU FUCKING DO?!?! ALL OF MY DATA MUST BE BULLSHIT, RIGHT?!?!

Frankly, I dislike that Korean car so much I'd rather have a base model BMW or Mercedes than a fully equipped K9.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: liberal logic 27 ()
Date: September 24, 2013 08:09AM

From Da Hood -- Autos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would I, from Kia? Not really, when you consider
> that they were nearly bankrupt about 10 years ago.
> They're coming back, but I would not risk it on a
> higher end vehicle.

FYI: KIA is owned by Hyundai.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Alexander Smith ()
Date: September 24, 2013 08:24AM

WronggSniper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wrongg Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Love how kids need links. Lazy bastards don't
> know
> > anything, and won't do anything more than lift
> a
> > finger to click a link someone provides for
> them.
> >
> > In addition their brains are mush. Can you not
> > tell from the pictures posted the car is bigger
> > with more features? Are you so unable to reason
> > that you can't figure out a car selling for up
> to
> > 70k will offer more than one the manufacturer
> > sells for 30k?
> >
> > You post about your silly GTI and your
> girlfiends
> > hurting butt and need links. You kids crack me
> up.
> > Seriously.
>
> Meh...this kid likes links, too.
>
> If you compare the K9, fully-equipped at $70K and
> a Mercedes E-Class priced at $70,000 you're going
> to find an equally or more thoroughly equipped
> German car then that round-eye poser. It's a
> little harder to compare the K9 with a BMW
> 5-series because that car tops out at $65,000. OH
> NOES! I DIDN'T POST ANY LINKS...WHAT WILL YOU
> FUCKING DO?!?! ALL OF MY DATA MUST BE BULLSHIT,
> RIGHT?!?!
>
> Frankly, I dislike that Korean car so much I'd
> rather have a base model BMW or Mercedes than a
> fully equipped K9.

I would rather have a base model from those manufactures before I bought an Asian car, too. They don't have the same prestige that the German's have and other people also said how it would be hard to justify spendind $70K on a KIA.

Tough One, I agree with you also, there has been a few Lexus models which have caught my attention and look like they would be fun to drive for a few runs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: chinky chanky ching chong ()
Date: September 24, 2013 08:37AM

That car will never make it here in the DC area. Only BMWs are the upscale model cars for this area.

Meanwhile in Detroit...............

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: GXer ()
Date: September 24, 2013 10:49AM

The GX isn't bad looking. At least they look like no other SUV on the road compared to the entire Toyota SUV lineup. The RX is a chicks SUV and the LX is really a pimped out Landcruiser.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Round.Eye ()
Date: September 24, 2013 11:01AM

Also worthy of mentioning...

Acura's FIRST car available for sale in the United States was called?

The Legend...really? Fuck you, Honda.

Acura, Infiniti and Lexus are just rebadged and overpriced upline models of Honda, Nissan and Toyota.

In the case of the Honda Pilot/Acura MDX...the MDX is actually SMALLER internally than the Pilot despite being built on the same frame. Now granted, the Acura is more luxurious but you're paying more to get a smaller vehicle, which in an SUV might be a big deal...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: dodge ()
Date: September 24, 2013 11:17AM

MOPAR or no car!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: DonValleyDon ()
Date: September 24, 2013 10:02PM

I for one will be one of the first looking at this in the showroom. I have been tracking this car coming around the globe for sale in the past six months in Russia, Australia and Middle East to very positive reviews. I have owned the Optima Hybrid for over a year and it is one of the best cars I have ever owned. Far superior to my several Acura TLs I owned which were all in my opinion over priced. When I bought my Kia over another Acura even my Acura salesmen could not fault the car when I showed it to him. Most of the moronic anti-Kia comments on this thread are from people who have never driven one. I am strongly considering the K900 as my next car.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Big Block 496 ()
Date: September 24, 2013 10:27PM

A friend of mine, back in the 70s, had a Kia bicycle.

BMWs are for posers..who don't know any better.. A relative of mine owns a BMW repair shop, for the obvious reasons.. Enjoy The Ride!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: September 24, 2013 10:39PM

Trivia time! Who can name the oldest vehicle on the market? It's been in production since the late 70s and has only had updates here and there. No redesign in over 33 years!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: xJWDC ()
Date: September 24, 2013 10:49PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Trivia time! Who can name the oldest vehicle on
> the market? It's been in production since the late
> 70s and has only had updates here and there. No
> redesign in over 33 years!


I'd say the VW bus. But that's outside of the US.

Made since 1950 with the last of production anywhere to end in Brasil on 12/31/2013.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: September 24, 2013 10:53PM

HA, no, I mean in the American market.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Bowtie Jihadist ()
Date: September 25, 2013 12:13AM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Trivia time! Who can name the oldest vehicle on
> the market? It's been in production since the late
> 70s and has only had updates here and there. No
> redesign in over 33 years!

The Chevrolet Suburban has been in production since 1933.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Suburban

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: September 25, 2013 12:18AM

No, I don't mean long running nameplates.....I mean longest running vehicle still on its first generation.


I'll give you a hint: There is an AMG version of it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Gelände wagen ()
Date: September 25, 2013 12:40AM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, I don't mean long running nameplates.....I
> mean longest running vehicle still on its first
> generation.
>
>
> I'll give you a hint: There is an AMG version of
> it.


Mercedes_Benz_G-Wagen_G320.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: RUSSIAN G WAGON AMG OWNER ()
Date: September 25, 2013 12:48AM

BING BING BING! WE HAVE A WINNER!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: September 25, 2013 12:50AM

Yes! The G Wagon debuted in 1979 and is still going.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Date: September 25, 2013 03:47AM

Not just no, but hell no.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Kimchi Cowboy ()
Date: September 25, 2013 06:47AM

I'll keep my Bongo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Fat Bottom Girl ()
Date: September 25, 2013 08:46AM

Gelände wagen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, I don't mean long running nameplates.....I
> mean longest running vehicle still on its first
> generation.

Um...WRONG!

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/bulletin/volkswagen-retires-camper-van-longest-produced-model-in-history/29174


Attachments:
VW-Kombi-Brasil3.png

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: slow moe ()
Date: September 25, 2013 12:16PM

Fat Bottom Girl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gelände wagen Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > No, I don't mean long running nameplates.....I
> > mean longest running vehicle still on its first
> > generation.
>
> Um...WRONG!
>
> http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/bulletin/volkswage
> n-retires-camper-van-longest-produced-model-in-his
> tory/29174
>
>

Uh, yeah. We already clarified that.

Pedal faster and try to keep up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: September 25, 2013 05:22PM

no. but i'd sue an illegal asian using government money buying one here in the usa.

they ran the "white guy commits suicide when he sees a kia"

kia didn't properly apologize. they said sorry, but quietly pat the people who did it on the back (they didn't even get a ticket).

they are in the chevy dealership that obama shut down (remember the thing where chevy dealers were being pushed out by letters from chevy "your closed"

--------------------------------
i'm a mechanic and can say: it's the same bullshit in every car. there's nothing special about that car. but the headlights cost up to $800 a peice to replace if i see the photo correctly. the damn car is probably designed to make the owner poor.

there is no way in hell a sedan is worth $70,000

just 10 yrs ago $35,000 was the price of a NEW Porche.

a Construction Dump Truck is work $70,000. and that's not bullshit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: September 25, 2013 05:26PM

but the same is true for many import "luxury cars"

the style is different but the quality interior and engine and suspension is just the same crap dressed up: dressed up plastic and "light weight" import parts.

jaguar, even ferrari has gone automated. more and more their is nothign in the luxury cars that isn't nearly as good as a Ford Escort has (horse power aside)

and the nav systems? phhhh. over weight out of date crap. you got an iphone anyway use it !!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: September 25, 2013 05:28PM

if you were fucking Royalty and paid $70,000 for a Bently for some reason...

well now that's perfectly acceptable

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: September 25, 2013 05:36PM

Fat Bottom Girl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gelände wagen Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > No, I don't mean long running nameplates.....I
> > mean longest running vehicle still on its first
> > generation.
>
> Um...WRONG!
>
> http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/bulletin/volkswage
> n-retires-camper-van-longest-produced-model-in-his
> tory/29174
>
>




We were talking about the US market, not the global market in general. The Mercedes G Wagon is the oldest vehicle sold on the American market.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: September 25, 2013 05:38PM

svennestle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if you were fucking Royalty and paid $70,000 for a
> Bently for some reason...
>
> well now that's perfectly acceptable





I think the lowest price Bentley is around $160k. The Bentley GT is an awesome vehicle though, Bentley has come a long way since the 80s and 90s when they were nothing more than a Rolls Royce with a tighter suspension and different grill.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Doug Brauner "The Car Czar" ()
Date: September 29, 2013 10:24AM

Kia's are really doing well lately. If you don't believe me you can ask Pat Goss. I think 70k is a little too steep with this economy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: K900 ()
Date: October 29, 2013 09:55AM

http://jalopnik.com/the-rear-drive-flagship-kia-k900-will-drop-at-the-la-au-1453971202

So, you can get a RWD/V8 Kia now but not a RWD/V8 Lincoln?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: gerry3 ()
Date: October 29, 2013 11:34AM

That interior looks identical to a 5 series interior. Is it that hard to design your own shit? Give it a shot. God damn acceptance of inferiority.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: February 25, 2014 03:23PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: HVWVx ()
Date: February 26, 2014 08:21PM

i'm sure if your asian drive a fx. co. asian minivan that says "fairfax co. schools on the side while your doing your shopping.

if you've recently sent a chevy dealer saying "sorry the chevy dealer says you should close"

and use fx. co. Park System jobs to fund opening dealerships in the area

have deals and bought property near the courthouse to keep track on you "political investments"

then yes you'd probalby spend $70,000 on one.

then yes

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: vuCPe ()
Date: February 26, 2014 08:25PM

how in the world ? you'd definitely want

a Cadillac , and Escalade

GM Proffesional series

a deisel vw

...

i mean you'd definitely have to want to overspend an import from asia to want it. like owe them money want it or be in on the dealship overtake parte.

no room in the market would allow it

and accura is honda not kia

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 10, 2014 07:59PM


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: libs hate America. ()
Date: May 10, 2014 09:31PM

Designed in America, built in America and sold in America. I can see why libs hate it.

Shit, the KIA optima shreds mustangs all day long. Plus good liberals like Dennis Rodman love Korea.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: 6ptxW ()
Date: May 10, 2014 09:56PM

i know this is bad "kar ma" but ...

fairfax city is a parking lot for asian car dealers i thought
Attachments:
asian-car-lot.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: aging debbie does dallas fan ()
Date: May 10, 2014 09:58PM

yea... so what.
Attachments:
horse-car.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: dtnhH ()
Date: May 10, 2014 10:00PM

nah. i'd rather be takin it easy
Attachments:
flatbed.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would You Pay $70,000 for a Kia?
Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: May 10, 2014 11:43PM

libs hate America. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Designed in America, built in America and sold in
> America. I can see why libs hate it.
>
> Shit, the KIA optima shreds mustangs all day long.
> Plus good liberals like Dennis Rodman love Korea.


There's a North and South Korea. The North wants to nuke the South which makes the Kia's we all love.

For my Republican friends I usually recommend this very educational movie effective for those with learning disabilities.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2014 11:44PM by Gerrymanderer2.
Attachments:
team-america-world-police-1168-16x9-large.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **  **    **  ********  **        **    ** 
 ***   ***  ***   **     **     **        **   **  
 **** ****  ****  **     **     **        **  **   
 ** *** **  ** ** **     **     **        *****    
 **     **  **  ****     **     **        **  **   
 **     **  **   ***     **     **        **   **  
 **     **  **    **     **     ********  **    ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.