HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Meanwhile in Gun Free United Kingdom
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: September 17, 2013 03:29PM

They need ads like this.
Attachments:
0.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Meanwhile in Gun Free United Kingdom
Posted by: RJR ()
Date: September 17, 2013 03:49PM

In the UK, homicides involving "sharp instruments" - knives and bottles - have fallen since 1995 as a proportion of overall killings. There were 236 in 2004 - 2005.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Meanwhile in Gun Free United Kingdom
Posted by: Blimey ()
Date: September 17, 2013 03:53PM

RJR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the UK, homicides involving "sharp instruments"
> - knives and bottles - have fallen since 1995 as a
> proportion of overall killings. There were 236 in
> 2004 - 2005.


And that was only 8 years ago. Nothing more current? Or don't the numbers align with your point?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Meanwhile in Gun Free United Kingdom
Posted by: mpEjG ()
Date: September 17, 2013 04:07PM

RJR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In the UK, homicides involving "sharp instruments"
> - knives and bottles - have fallen since 1995 as a
> proportion of overall killings. There were 236 in
> 2004 - 2005.


Well then somebody's numbers are way skewed one way or another.

You don't go from 60,000 to 236 based on any directly comparable stats/reality.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Meanwhile in Gun Free United Kingdom
Posted by: It be 4x as much ()
Date: September 17, 2013 04:11PM

If they had guns, multiply that number by 4. You know that! This tragedy in DC is another black mark on the IRA; and those who voted against Obama's gun plan. It can't go on like this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Meanwhile in Gun Free United Kingdom
Posted by: Liberal Logic 28 ()
Date: September 17, 2013 04:33PM

It be 4x as much Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If they had guns, multiply that number by 4. You
> know that! This tragedy in DC is another black
> mark on the IRA; and those who voted against
> Obama's gun plan. It can't go on like this.


Youre an idiot, thats all that needs to be said in response to your bullshit

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Meanwhile in Gun Free United Kingdom
Posted by: McDonald's Apple Pie ()
Date: September 17, 2013 04:40PM

Guns are as American as obesity. This is a nation that identifies itself not by accomplishments but guns,cars and viagra.
Freedom rings from the vending machine.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Meanwhile in Gun Free United Kingdom
Posted by: RJR ()
Date: September 17, 2013 05:41PM

mpEjG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RJR Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > In the UK, homicides involving "sharp
> instruments"
> > - knives and bottles - have fallen since 1995 as
> a
> > proportion of overall killings. There were 236
> in
> > 2004 - 2005.
>
>
> Well then somebody's numbers are way skewed one
> way or another.
>
> You don't go from 60,000 to 236 based on any
> directly comparable stats/reality.



There were only 636 murders in the whole country last year, from guns, knives, whatever.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/jan/19/murder-rate-rose-5-percent


The 60,000 number is from a poster, not a statistical source. Who the fuck knows, or cares, where that number comes from. It's a fucking poster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Gun Free United Kingdom = 636 deaths a YEAR
Posted by: NFM3m ()
Date: September 17, 2013 09:51PM

RJR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mpEjG Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > RJR Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > In the UK, homicides involving "sharp
> > instruments"
> > > - knives and bottles - have fallen since 1995
> as
> > a
> > > proportion of overall killings. There were
> 236
> > in
> > > 2004 - 2005.
> >
> >
> > Well then somebody's numbers are way skewed one
> > way or another.
> >
> > You don't go from 60,000 to 236 based on any
> > directly comparable stats/reality.
>
>
>
> There were only 636 murders in the whole country
> last year, from guns, knives, whatever.
>
> http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/jan/19/murder-r
> ate-rose-5-percent
>
>
> The 60,000 number is from a poster, not a
> statistical source. Who the fuck knows, or cares,
> where that number comes from. It's a fucking
> poster.


LOL

And we have idiots who do not think gun control works.

636 murders in a YEAR!

In the USA we have 300 A DAY!

Fucking gun nuts are just living in a fantasy land.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gun Free United Kingdom = 636 deaths a YEAR
Posted by: Liberal Logic 28 ()
Date: September 17, 2013 10:01PM

NFM3m Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> LOL
>
> And we have idiots who do not think gun control
> works.
>
> 636 murders in a YEAR!
>
> In the USA we have 300 A DAY!
>
> Fucking gun nuts are just living in a fantasy
> land.


The irony of you calling anyone an idiot is amazing.

We dont have anywhere close to 300 a day.

Good thing you also just went by actual number since England is only 1/7th of our size if that big and doesnt share a boarder with the war zone known as Mexico, very logical on your part............

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Meanwhile in Gun Free United Kingdom
Posted by: tt7hc ()
Date: September 17, 2013 10:08PM

Looking quickly at the rates of knife crime in the UK vs gun crime in the US, I'd bet that the former is significantly higher. I know that the assault rate is far higher as are the rates for various other major crimes.

At the other end, Russia has strict gun control and an out of control murder rate versus ours.

Germany has relatively lots of guns but they don't tend to kill each other with them much.

All such stats have a lot more to do with the society itself, demographics, various forms of organized crimes, education, etc., than they do with guns.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Meanwhile in Gun Free United Kingdom
Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: September 17, 2013 10:12PM

Liberal Logic 28 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It be 4x as much Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If they had guns, multiply that number by 4.
> You
> > know that! This tragedy in DC is another black
> > mark on the IRA; and those who voted against
> > Obama's gun plan. It can't go on like this.
>
>
> Youre an idiot, thats all that needs to be said in
> response to your bullshit

What does the Irish Republican Army have to do with any of this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gun Free United Kingdom = 636 deaths a YEAR
Posted by: vkY3u ()
Date: September 17, 2013 10:20PM

Liberal Logic 28 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> NFM3m Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > LOL
> >
> > And we have idiots who do not think gun control
> > works.
> >
> > 636 murders in a YEAR!
> >
> > In the USA we have 300 A DAY!
> >
> > Fucking gun nuts are just living in a fantasy
> > land.
>
>
> The irony of you calling anyone an idiot is
> amazing.
>
> We dont have anywhere close to 300 a day.
>
> Good thing you also just went by actual number
> since England is only 1/7th of our size if that
> big and doesnt share a boarder with the war zone
> known as Mexico, very logical on your
> part............



It is less, my bad, but the POINT remains 100% true.

300 are SHOT - "Every day in the U.S., an average of 289 people are shot. Eighty-six of them die: 30 are murdered, 53 kill themselves, two die accidentally, and one is shot in a police intervention, the Brady Campaign reports."

"One person is killed by a firearm every 17 minutes, 87 people are killed during an average day, and 609 are killed every week. (source: CDC)"

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/16/16547690-just-the-facts-gun-violence-in-america?lite



Only idiots think gun control does not work.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gun Free United Kingdom = 636 deaths a YEAR
Posted by: GuUXH ()
Date: September 17, 2013 10:37PM

vkY3u Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Liberal Logic 28 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > NFM3m Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> >
> > > LOL
> > >
> > > And we have idiots who do not think gun
> control
> > > works.
> > >
> > > 636 murders in a YEAR!
> > >
> > > In the USA we have 300 A DAY!
> > >
> > > Fucking gun nuts are just living in a fantasy
> > > land.
> >
> >
> > The irony of you calling anyone an idiot is
> > amazing.
> >
> > We dont have anywhere close to 300 a day.
> >
> > Good thing you also just went by actual number
> > since England is only 1/7th of our size if that
> > big and doesnt share a boarder with the war
> zone
> > known as Mexico, very logical on your
> > part............
>
>
>
> It is less, my bad, but the POINT remains 100%
> true.
>
> 300 are SHOT - "Every day in the U.S., an average
> of 289 people are shot. Eighty-six of them die: 30
> are murdered, 53 kill themselves, two die
> accidentally, and one is shot in a police
> intervention, the Brady Campaign reports."
>
> "One person is killed by a firearm every 17
> minutes, 87 people are killed during an average
> day, and 609 are killed every week. (source:
> CDC)"
>
> http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/16/1654769
> 0-just-the-facts-gun-violence-in-america?lite
>
>
>
> Only idiots think gun control does not work.


Russia and Mexico both have strict gun control. Their murder rates are substantially higher than ours.

South Africa, Thailand, and Columbia have strict gun control and less guns/capita and their firearms-related murder rates are double to triple ours.

Japan has strict gun control and low guns/capita and their suicide rates (which comprise the majority of firearms-related deaths here) is significantly higher than ours.

How can that be? They have gun control!

Also, the majority of your stats involve people who don't really give a shit what gun laws say and involve illegal guns.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gun Free United Kingdom = 636 deaths a YEAR
Posted by: Liberal Logic 28 ()
Date: September 18, 2013 01:58AM

vkY3u Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> It is less, my bad, but the POINT remains 100%
> true.

No it doesnt.

> 300 are SHOT - "Every day in the U.S., an average
> of 289 people are shot. Eighty-six of them die: 30
> are murdered, 53 kill themselves, two die
> accidentally, and one is shot in a police
> intervention, the Brady Campaign reports."

Suicide isnt gun violence.

90 percent of that is gang wars.

> "One person is killed by a firearm every 17
> minutes, 87 people are killed during an average
> day, and 609 are killed every week. (source:
> CDC)"

Complete bullshit. There were 14k gun murders total last year, not 600 a week.

> http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/16/1654769
> 0-just-the-facts-gun-violence-in-america?lite
>
>
>
> Only idiots think gun control does not work.

Only morons think banning guns makes people safe from criminals. Name me the top 10 murder rates in the US. Not tell me how many of them are gun free big cities.

The ultra conservative Harvard shredded all this to shit already. Seriously how stupid are you progressives? Its literally the EXACT SAME bullshit OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER, you guys are just mindless robots with this shit.

Screw it believe whatever bullshit numbers you want. 200k to 2 million people a year use guns in self defense and prevent themselves from being harmed using them. Even with your made up highly exaggerated numbers the overall effect is a positive net preventing more harm than caused. "Debate" (if you can call your bs that over)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gun Free United Kingdom = 636 deaths a YEAR
Posted by: Vexxxed ()
Date: September 18, 2013 06:28AM

Liberal Logic 28 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> vkY3u Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > It is less, my bad, but the POINT remains 100%
> > true.
>
> No it doesnt.
>
> > 300 are SHOT - "Every day in the U.S., an
> average
> > of 289 people are shot. Eighty-six of them die:
> 30
> > are murdered, 53 kill themselves, two die
> > accidentally, and one is shot in a police
> > intervention, the Brady Campaign reports."
>
> Suicide isnt gun violence.
>
> 90 percent of that is gang wars.
>
> > "One person is killed by a firearm every 17
> > minutes, 87 people are killed during an average
> > day, and 609 are killed every week. (source:
> > CDC)"
>
> Complete bullshit. There were 14k gun murders
> total last year, not 600 a week.
>
> >
> http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/16/1654769
>
> > 0-just-the-facts-gun-violence-in-america?lite
> >
> >
> >
> > Only idiots think gun control does not work.
>
> Only morons think banning guns makes people safe
> from criminals. Name me the top 10 murder rates
> in the US. Not tell me how many of them are gun
> free big cities.
>
> The ultra conservative Harvard shredded all this
> to shit already. Seriously how stupid are you
> progressives? Its literally the EXACT SAME
> bullshit OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER
> AND OVER, you guys are just mindless robots with
> this shit.
>
> Screw it believe whatever bullshit numbers you
> want. 200k to 2 million people a year use guns in
> self defense and prevent themselves from being
> harmed using them. Even with your made up highly
> exaggerated numbers the overall effect is a
> positive net preventing more harm than caused.
> "Debate" (if you can call your bs that over)
Attachments:
282825_420245751416512_1861988182_n.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gun Free United Kingdom = 636 deaths a YEAR
Posted by: Cleaning up ()
Date: September 18, 2013 07:40AM

vkY3u Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Liberal Logic 28 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > NFM3m Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> >
> > > LOL
> > >
> > > And we have idiots who do not think gun
> control
> > > works.
> > >
> > > 636 murders in a YEAR!
> > >
> > > In the USA we have 300 A DAY!
> > >
> > > Fucking gun nuts are just living in a fantasy
> > > land.
> >
> >
> > The irony of you calling anyone an idiot is
> > amazing.
> >
> > We dont have anywhere close to 300 a day.
> >
> > Good thing you also just went by actual number
> > since England is only 1/7th of our size if that
> > big and doesnt share a boarder with the war
> zone
> > known as Mexico, very logical on your
> > part............
>
>
>
> It is less, my bad, but the POINT remains 100%
> true.
>
> 300 are SHOT - "Every day in the U.S., an average
> of 289 people are shot. Eighty-six of them die: 30
> are murdered, 53 kill themselves, two die
> accidentally, and one is shot in a police
> intervention, the Brady Campaign reports."
>
> "One person is killed by a firearm every 17
> minutes, 87 people are killed during an average
> day, and 609 are killed every week. (source:
> CDC)"
>
> http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/16/1654769
> 0-just-the-facts-gun-violence-in-america?lite
>
>
>
> Only idiots think gun control does not work.


So if we take the 289 number and subtract the 53 suicides we get 246. So how many of these shootings are criminals who are shot in the commission of a crime? How many of these are criminals shooting other criminals, such as gangs or drug turf wars?

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **  **    **  **     **   *******    ******   
 **     **  ***   **  ***   ***  **     **  **    **  
 **     **  ****  **  **** ****  **     **  **        
 *********  ** ** **  ** *** **   ********  **   **** 
 **     **  **  ****  **     **         **  **    **  
 **     **  **   ***  **     **  **     **  **    **  
 **     **  **    **  **     **   *******    ******   
This forum powered by Phorum.