HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sarah; "I have no f'ing clue what the first amendment actually means." (paraphrased)
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: October 31, 2008 01:45PM

ABC News' Steven Portnoy reports: In a conservative radio interview that aired in Washington, D.C. Friday morning, Republican vice presidential nominee Gov. Sarah Palin said she fears her First Amendment rights may be threatened by "attacks" from reporters who suggest she is engaging in a negative campaign against Barack Obama.

Palin told WMAL-AM that her criticism of Obama's associations, like those with 1960s radical Bill Ayers and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, should not be considered negative attacks. Rather, for reporters or columnists to suggest that it is going negative may constitute an attack that threatens a candidate's free speech rights under the Constitution, Palin said.

"If {the media} convince enough voters that that is negative campaigning, for me to call Barack Obama out on his associations," Palin told host Chris Plante, "then I don't know what the future of our country would be in terms of First Amendment rights and our ability to ask questions without fear of attacks by the mainstream media."

However she feels about the way her story has been told in the press, Palin told WMAL she is not discouraged.

"It's sort of perplexing to me, because I'm a practical person and plainspoken also, but just cutting to the chase and calling things like I see them, just like most Americans. But this has not left a bitter taste in my mouth, the bitter shots taken by the mainstream media and by some of the elitism there in Washington," Palin said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2008 01:46PM by FUNdamental.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sarah; "I have no f'ing clue what the first amendment actually means." (paraphrased)
Date: October 31, 2008 09:53PM

She's an idiot. I really can't believe this woman is a candidate for VP. It's mind boggling.

Re: Sarah; "I have no f'ing clue what the first amendment actually means." (paraphrased)
Posted by: Bob ()
Date: October 31, 2008 10:33PM

She wouldn't survive in DC. She'd have a meltdown and end up driving her SUV through a crowded shopping mall or something.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 31, 2008 11:16PM

LOL.

What an insult she is to American government.

Hopefully he'll at least be able to use some normal judgment if he's elected. McCain would be in charge of some pretty important things, like Supreme Court nominations.

Think about that.

He chose her to be VP.

Date: October 31, 2008 11:48PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL.
>
> What an insult she is to American government.
>
> Hopefully he'll at least be able to use some
> normal judgment if he's elected. McCain would be
> in charge of some pretty important things, like
> Supreme Court nominations.
>
> Think about that.
>
> He chose her to be VP.

His own people are calling her a "whack job," "a diva who doesn't trust anyone, including her own family," and saying she lacks "any knowledge of international or national issues." McCain is willing to gamble the future of this country on this "whack job" in order to win. That says more about his character than any speech or commercial.

Posted by: Alias ()
Date: November 01, 2008 04:31AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2012 02:35AM by Alias.

Posted by: Margie ()
Date: November 01, 2008 12:13PM

Alias Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "A woman should never get that close to the Oval Office unless she's giving 'head' to the man in the Oval Office."
What a jerk!!!
Attachments:
stupid-people-shut-up--c11751586.jpg

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: November 02, 2008 04:18PM

She's a Hockey Mom from Wasilla, Alaska, a town of 9000 pople, what do you expect?

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: November 02, 2008 07:03PM

She said it on ultraconservative Chris Plante's show. The
hard hitting question was something like, "How do you feel about the Main Stream Media and what they are saying about you."

Then we get the bombshell.

I nominate Chris Plante for the Rush Limbaugh/Michael J. Fox Award for Excellence in talk Radio.

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: November 02, 2008 07:55PM

Palin shouldn't be allowed to do interviews. She sank the McCain bus!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.