HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Obama and Bill Ayers
Posted by: Reston ()
Date: October 30, 2008 09:40PM

Ayers wrote the book "Prairie Fire: The Politics of Revolutionary Anti-Imperialism." This book is dedicated to Sirhan Sirhan, the convicted assassin of United States Senator Robert F. Kennedy.
Since Obama and Ayers are associates/firends why would the Dems endorse Obama?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Obama and Bill Ayers
Posted by: Bob ()
Date: October 30, 2008 09:53PM

Because Obama and Ayers are not friends.

Are you ideologically in agreement with everyone in your neighborhood?

If you were appointed to a board, would you be in ideological agreement with every other person on that board?

Date: October 30, 2008 09:57PM

No, but I do not eat dinner/associate with them either.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 30, 2008 10:16PM

Reston Wrote:
>> No, but I do not eat dinner/associate with them either.

Not dining with you actually helps their political careers.

Are you related to Spunky? LOL

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: October 30, 2008 11:08PM

next time I am with a large group having a business meeting, I will be sure to pass out a questionaire

Date: October 30, 2008 11:13PM

Reston Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ayers wrote the book "Prairie Fire: The Politics
> of Revolutionary Anti-Imperialism." This book is
> dedicated to Sirhan Sirhan, the convicted assassin
> of United States Senator Robert F. Kennedy.
> Since Obama and Ayers are associates/firends why
> would the Dems endorse Obama?

I ate at a lunch that President Bush spoke at. I assure you my views are not the same as Bush's. Grow up a little.

Date: October 30, 2008 11:47PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
>
>
> I ate at a lunch that President Bush spoke at. I
> assure you my views are not the same as Bush's.
> Grow up a little.

My mom volunteered at the First Lady's Correspondence Office because she likes Laura Bush.

By Reston's logic, my mom is a neocon supporter because she volunteered for the Bush white house, and actually worked in the OEOB, within the White House perimeter. I assure you, she believes George W is a certifiable jackass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2008 11:54PM by Bob.

Date: October 31, 2008 12:07AM

Date: October 31, 2008 12:46AM

Reston Wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-45A6I-N5I

I guess that scares you. Especially that ominous music.

Sorry, I still don't see an issue.

And I'm sure you won't see any issue with the following:

McCain has allied his campaign with the Cuban Liberty Council, an uncompromising anti-Castro group that has all but dictated policy to George W. Bush. Two of the council's most prominent members, media personality Ninoska Perez-Castellon and her husband, Roberto Martin Perez, have been among McCain's most dedicated campaigners and champions in Miami.

As a result, McCain's campaign and advisers find themselves allied with and/or supporting militants who have committed acts that any reasonable observer would define as terrorism. On July 20, while campaigning for McCain in Miami and just prior to speaking at a McCain event, Sen. Joe Lieberman met with the wife of convicted serial bomber Eduardo Arocena and promised to pursue a presidential pardon on his behalf. Arocena is the founder of the notorious Cuban exile militant group Omega 7, renowned for a string of bombings from 1975 to 1983. Arocena was convicted of the 1980 murder of a Cuban diplomat in Manhattan. In 1983, Arocena was arrested and charged with 42 counts pertaining to conspiracy, explosives, firearms, and destruction of foreign government property within the United States. He is currently serving a life sentence in federal prison in Indiana. His targets included:

Madison Square Garden (he blew up an adjacent store);

JFK airport (Arocena's group planted a suitcase bomb intended for a TWA flight to Los Angeles—in protest of the airline's flights to Cuba. The plane would have exploded if not for the fact that the bomb went off on the tarmac prior to being loaded);

Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center (causing damage to three levels of the theater and halting the performance of a music group from Cuba);

the ticket office of the Soviet airline Aeroflot;

and a church.

He also attempted to assassinate the Cuban ambassador to the United Nations.

[...]

Arocena is not the only militant who's received help from McCain's team. In September, McCain announced he was choosing Lincoln Diaz-Balart, a Republican congressman from Miami, as his senior adviser and spokesman on Latin America. Rep. Diaz-Balart is a fierce hard-liner on Cuba, advocating, at various times, a blockade of the island, even military action if needed, to unseat Fidel Castro (his former uncle, once married to Diaz-Balart's aunt). He, too, has been a supporter of certain kinds of terrorists who have struck on American soil. Since 2000, Diaz-Balart and his colleague Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen have lobbied for and helped win the release of several convicted exile terrorists from U.S. prisons. Among the most notorious were Omega 7 members Jose Dionisio Suarez Esquivel and Virgilio Paz Romero, both convicted for their roles in the 1976 assassination of Chilean diplomat Orlando Letelier and his American colleague Ronni Moffitt with a car bomb in Washington, D.C. According to four agents I interviewed, the FBI also suspects the pair were involved in other bombings and attacks. (Suarez is known by the nickname "Charco de Sangre"—Pool of Blood.)

http://www.slate.com/id/2202183

Date: October 31, 2008 08:07AM

The difference is United States Senator Robert F. Kennedy was a fellow Democrat.

How about Obama and Rashid Khalidi?

How about Obama's Pastor Rev. Jeremiah Wright? If you paid close attention to the video you saw Obama praising him!!!!!!!

Posted by: Voter ()
Date: October 31, 2008 08:15AM

The reason the Republicans are going to lose big time this election is because they haven't realized that their message has stopped working. Nobody cares--except for the rabid Hannity types--about Bill Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, or any of the others. You guys can keep harping on this stuff all the way through election day if you want, but it's only driving voters away from Republicans and towards Democratics.

Date: October 31, 2008 08:17AM

Reston Wrote:
>>> How about Obama and Rashid Khalidi?

FYI- John McCain is the chairman of an institute that has paid Mr. Khalidi over $448,000. I hardly think the GOP campaign wants to go down that ugly road any further.

And if we're going to play the who's-linked-to-who game, how about this:

What about McCain and George W. Bush? That's really the link we should all be thinking about.

Date: October 31, 2008 08:31AM

I have not endorsed McCain or the Republicans, I'm just pointing out how the uneducated lemmings are lining up to jump off the cliff. http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=194983

Date: October 31, 2008 08:42AM

Well I just think that if John McCain wants to be president, he is obliged to explain why he has given almost half a million dollars to people he calls terrorists.

Date: October 31, 2008 08:58AM

I think both Obama and McCain should be required to do some explaining to the voters.

Posted by: The Real Decider ()
Date: October 31, 2008 11:23AM

+1 to Meeper. Point well made and validated.

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: November 02, 2008 07:38PM

who here thinks Reston is Registered Voter under a different name. You have a day and half to post all these lies until they will have no effect at all...and you'll just have to get used to a black man being in the white house.

Date: November 02, 2008 07:59PM

Nahhh, Registered Voter sounded like he paid attention to the issues and he had the ability to compose logical, thoughtful, arguments- even if I disagreed with 90% of them. This Reston guy, on the other hand, sounds like a complete nudnik. RV wasn't fearful and ignorant like this guy is.

Date: November 02, 2008 09:20PM

The Truth About Barack Hussein Obama_Pt_2/4

Date: November 02, 2008 09:29PM

If Barack Obama would apply for a job with the FBI or with the Secret Service, he would be disqualified because of his past association with William Ayers, a known terrorist. If he is elected President he would not qualify to be his own body guard! He couldn't even be a security guard in the mall.

In fact, he could not qualify to be a paramedic, could not hand you your pills in a pharmacy, could not take your blood pressure in the doctorʼs office, own a gun shop, be a liquor store or bar owner, a school bus driver, an insurance agent, a Notary Public, or even a process server in California. And he can't even get a SECURITY CLEARENCE.

Date: November 02, 2008 09:44PM

Reston Wrote:
>>>And he can't even get a SECURITY CLEARENCE.

Hahaha, that is completely FALSE.

I personally know people with criminal records that have TOP SECRET clearances, and I've sat through many interviews to verify folks getting clearances.

Stop being retarded.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: November 03, 2008 12:28PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
> who here thinks Reston is Registered Voter under a
> different name. You have a day and half to post
> all these lies until they will have no effect at
> all...and you'll just have to get used to a black
> man being in the white house.

Dude.

I do not post under any other names here. There are a few folks here that do, I am not one of them. Thanks.

If you notice, I don't tend to post on the topics that border on extreme views to either side.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.