HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
intel news re will.i.am... is this some kind of joke?
Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: January 25, 2011 01:52PM

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-01-25/intel-says-black-eyed-peas-member-joins-as-director-of-creative-innovation.html

Intel Corp., the world’s largest chipmaker, said Black Eyed Peas member will.i.am will become a creative director, contributing music and helping in the development of devices such as laptops, smartphones and tablets.

Intel, known for its rows of identical grey cubicles and worldwide network of robot-filled factories, is trying to make sure its products stay at the center of future trends in technology. A relationship with will.i.am helps Intel marry entertainment and technology, according to Deborah Conrad, the company’s head of marketing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: intel news re will.i.am... is this some kind of joke?
Date: January 25, 2011 02:15PM

Sounds like a dumbass excuse to make him their spokesman.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: STUPID SHIT ()
Date: January 25, 2011 02:19PM

HAHA, "WILL I AM".
INTEL IS OBVIOUSLY TARGETING THE RETARDED DEMOGRAPHIC OF CUSTOMERS.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 25, 2011 02:28PM

WashingTone-Locian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds like a dumbass excuse to make him their
> spokesman.

What about when the Black Eye Peas become irrelevant. How good is that deal going to be then? They should have just had Fergie parade around in bikinis if that's all they're after.

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: January 25, 2011 05:50PM

Will I. Am and Intel should never be used in the same sentence. But maybe since their music is robotic and machine made, they could blend right together.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: January 25, 2011 07:14PM

Why the hell does Intel need a "creative director"? How many ways can you make a dual-core processor hip and stylish?

Posted by: strat ()
Date: January 29, 2011 07:37PM

People don't realize it, but Intel is really obsessed with content. I have worked with them as a channel partner and also spent time with engineers from the factory and their venture capital group.

They're hot on _anything_ that is likely to drive demand for processors, be it in PCs or embedded single-purpose devices like set-top boxes. Some of the PC manufacturers have been branding their entertainment-oriented gear with partner brands (like Dr. Dre' and the "beats" technology). I think that is largely an attempt to maintain relevance in the presence of the content juggernaut that is Apple (who is also moving Intel processors in their gear these days).

Unless you're in the industry you probably never noticed, but during the dot-com bubble, Intel was building out data centers for content streaming and the like, until they got competition from the private content delivery networks like Akamai.

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: January 29, 2011 10:03PM

So when I buy an Intel processor that is 20% more than a comparable AMD one, I'll at least feel good knowing it's helping to pay will.i.am's salary.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.