HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Phillies, finally
Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: October 29, 2008 11:28PM

YES!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Phillies, finally
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 30, 2008 08:01AM

Good job Phils. No city is more deserving of a championship than Philadelphia- some of the most loyal and diehard sports fans in the country shouldn't have to wait most of their lifetime to see a real championship team.

Now only if the Eagles could start playing like champs...

Date: October 30, 2008 09:17AM

I saw the Phillies play the Nationals early in the season and they absolutely destroyed the Nationals (not that that is much of an accomplishment). I told a friend of mine early in the summer that I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Phillies made it to the World Series. He thought I was nuts. Of course, if you had told me the Rays would be in the World Series, too, I would have called you nuts!

Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: October 30, 2008 10:39PM

Well, I'm old enough to remember the 1980 Phils winning the WS. I can't believe that was 28 years ago. At that rate I'll be a pretty old man before they win again.

All through the 80s I watched the Flyers have great seasons only to get bested by Gretsky's Oilers over and over again in the Cup finals, and of course the Eagles, well now, do we even need to go there?

Bask in the moment, Meeper and other Philly fans. This doesn't happen very often. I'm going to Philly tomorrow for the parade, if things work out.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.