HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Banks have insurance right?
Posted by: gordon geko ()
Date: October 27, 2010 04:43PM

If banks carry insurance do they require banks to have cameras scanning the outside of building not just interior
Seems like an outside camera might pick up some info on a bank robber as they approached and left the bank

I guess the county govt. and/or insurance doesn't have any standards for outside lighting of a bank? Not thinking Times Square bright but some banks are so dark venturing to use an ATM after dark is like entering a cave sometimes

bank in my neighborhood were folks got robbed number of times after dark making night deposits. the lighting still sucks big time. Can someone robbed in a bank parking lot sue the bank for inadequate safety measures?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Banks have insurance right?
Posted by: Yahweh ()
Date: October 27, 2010 04:52PM

From what I understand, the FDIC insures deposts upto $100,000. Deposits.

I think once you take it out and go into the parking lot, you are on your own.

I bet they wouldn't even reimburse you if you were robbed in line, inside the bank with cash that you were going to deposit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Deposit_Insurance_Corporation

Posted by: Bill N ()
Date: October 27, 2010 05:49PM

This is America. Anyone can sue anyone for anything, and everyone has a right to his or her Decade in court.

Seriously if the lighting is crappy, it's dark and the neighborhood is crappy then go to the next ATM location.

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: October 27, 2010 06:01PM

Yahweh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> From what I understand, the FDIC insures deposts
> upto $100,000. Deposits.

Temporarily raised to $250k during the financial crisis, and I'm pretty sure that level was made permanent with financial reform bill.

By the way anyone going to an ATM at night alone is asking for trouble. If you need to make a bank deposit because you are a fast food joint or something you need to either go armed or go with someone.

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.