HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Palin is a Front for Obama - Palin suggests War with Iraq is a good Obama stratedgy to win in 2012
Posted by: Mr. Jones ()
Date: June 16, 2010 09:21AM

Palin is worried that if Obama can start a war with Iraq he may win in 2012. This is the fucked type of thinking that Republicans have, starting wars to win elections.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Palin is a Front for Obama - Palin suggests War with Iraq is a good Obama stratedgy to win in 2012
Posted by: Mr. Jones ()
Date: June 16, 2010 09:30AM

Re: Palin is a Front for Obama - Palin suggests War with Iraq is a good Obama stratedgy to win in 2012
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: June 16, 2010 11:08AM

Yeah - like when Clinton started bombing in Kosovo/Serbia without a UN mandate - I remember how that "wag the dog" worked.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: June 16, 2010 11:09AM

There is much (70%) that I agree with. This is now a corporate america..as corporations are international...flagless...so is their influence on the country. I was truly shocked how the Republican Party embraced the Supreme Court decision to recogniize corporations as having individual rights under the Constitution. Both parties are too close to the international corporations. But we too are too close...it sickens me to see people begging the Fed Govt to lift the off shore drilling ban....big oil has those people..those states by the balls...and they are squeezing.

The association of these issues with conservative principals is where I draw the line....but I also think there are many issues that progressive democrats and republicans like this gentlemen can agree...and I wish we would...but we won't.

Registered Voter...a Big talking coward..big man on FFXU...little man in life.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2010 11:29AM by Vince(1).

Posted by: SAS ()
Date: June 16, 2010 11:26AM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah - like when Clinton started bombing in
> Kosovo/Serbia without a UN mandate - I remember
> how that "wag the dog" worked.

I agree with the drone and missile attacks to take out terrorist camps. I find it difficult to justify invading a country for monetary and political party gain.

Date: June 16, 2010 11:28AM

SAS Wrote:
> Registered Voter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yeah - like when Clinton started bombing in
> > Kosovo/Serbia without a UN mandate - I remember
> > how that "wag the dog" worked.
>
> I agree with the drone and missile attacks to take
> out terrorist camps. I find it difficult to
> justify invading a country for monetary and
> political party gain.

War is war - the invasion was more personal. We got an even worse name when all we did was remote bomb folks - they were able to use that to paint us however they wanted to because no one had personal contact with us. That is the problem - if we act aloof and bomb, we are easier to paint as devils.

If you can’t model the past, where you know the answer pretty well, how can you model the future? - William Happer Cyrus Fogg Brackett Professor of Physics Princeton University

Posted by: SAS ()
Date: June 16, 2010 11:31AM

So in your stratedy we should use suicide bombers to be more personal and then it would be ok.

Date: June 16, 2010 11:32AM

SAS Wrote:
> So in your stratedy we should use suicide bombers
> to be more personal and then it would be ok.

No, we put boots on the ground to interact with the civilian population (like we have) and try to help with infrastructure projects so they can see that some Americans actually give a damn about them personally.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.