HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fourth Amendment - What is so hard to understand
Posted by: Fed up American ()
Date: August 04, 2013 09:22AM

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Easy enough. If the government wants my communications with others get a warrant. Not that hard if you have probable cause and in an emergency you do not even need that. To those who say you have nothing to hide, I bet my paycheck if you were the one having your private emails and texts seized you would cry foul the loudest.

Now the government is comparing seizing your communications with filing a tax return since you file without being served a search warrant. We all know what the government is doing with that information, auditing anyone who contributes to causes they do not see as politically correct.
Attachments:
your-papers.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fourth Amendment - What is so hard to understand
Posted by: rghyrfyh ()
Date: August 04, 2013 09:29AM

you need to be watched for your own safety

Posted by: stop complaining ()
Date: August 04, 2013 09:30AM

so your posting on ffu to complain about our gov't? yeah, going to do alot of good here. they are going to do what they want because the people dont control anything. guess if your not doing anything illegal you have nothing to worry about.

Posted by: Nothing to hide ()
Date: August 04, 2013 09:36AM

Under democrats who claim to be the leaders against violations of civil rights we lose more liberty than ever. Seizing personal email, phone records, scanning all private mail and IRS auditing of any group they do not like. Freedom Obama style.

Posted by: hjgerty ()
Date: August 04, 2013 09:42AM

stop complaining Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so your posting on ffu to complain about our
> gov't? yeah, going to do alot of good here. they
> are going to do what they want because the people
> dont control anything. guess if your not doing
> anything illegal you have nothing to worry about.

everyone does something. wait.. one day you will be drug into court and charged for not recycling one plastic bottle on feb 3 2009. be charged with a $12,000 fine and be put in a fema re-education camp for a year

Posted by: JoeBob ()
Date: August 04, 2013 11:34AM

Cop at a traffic stop at me:

Cop: "Is there anything illegal in your car that I should know about?"

Me: "No. Am I free to go, officer?"

Cop: "Don't lie to me! I can get a canine dog out here. Now, once again, do you have anything illegal in your car that I should know about?"

Me: "NO. AM I FREE TO GO??"

Cop: "Why do you ask me that? I asked you if you have anything illegal and you refuse to answer. Do you want me to get a canine out?"

Me: "AM I BEING DETAINED??"

Cop: "Look mister, all I want to know is for the safety of the public. If you have nothing to hide, then you should have nothing to worry about!"

Me: "Am I being detained?"

Cop: *sigh* "No."

Me: "Am I free to go?"

Cop: "Yes".

Me: "Good bye!" *drives away*

Can you guess which two phrases happen to be the only two phrases you should utter to the police?

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 04, 2013 04:22PM

JoeBob Wrote:
> Cop: "Look mister, all I want to know is for the
> safety of the public. If you have nothing to
> hide, then you should have nothing to worry
> about!"
>
> Me: "Am I being detained?"

the correct response is, "and since i have nothing to hide, you have no reason to search me. good day, sir!"

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: skys the limit ()
Date: August 04, 2013 04:56PM

Its sad to see people who claim to be free give up their rights so easily in the name of national security.

Posted by: JoeBob ()
Date: August 04, 2013 05:35PM

Gravis Wrote:
> the correct response is, "and since i have nothing
> to hide, you have no reason to search me. good
> day, sir!"

No, the correct responses are either "Am I being detained" or "Am I free to go?".

ALL OTHER responses only invite the cops to twist your words around in a court of law.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.