HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
SWAT Raid No-Kill Animal Shelter to Kill Baby Deer
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: August 03, 2013 11:58AM

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/1/13-wisconsin-officials-raid-animal-shelter-kill-ba/

The agents were there to retrieve a baby deer named Giggles that was dropped off by a family worried she had been abandoned by her mother, the station reported. Wisconsin law forbids the possession of wildlife.

“I said the deer is scheduled to go to the wildlife reserve the next day,” Mr. Schulze told the station. “I was thinking in my mind they were going to take the deer and take it to a wildlife shelter, and here they come carrying the baby deer over their shoulder. She was in a body bag. I said, ‘Why did you do that?’ He said, ‘That’s our policy,’ and I said, ‘That’s one hell of a policy.’”

Department of Natural Resources Supervisor Jennifer Niemeyer told WISN 12 that the law requires DNR agents to euthanize wild animals because of their potential danger.

The station asked if the raid could have been done in a less costly manner by making a phone call first.

“If a sheriff’s department is going in to do a search warrant on a drug bust, they don’t call them and ask them to voluntarily surrender their marijuana or whatever drug that they have before they show up,” the supervisor responded.

Shelter president Cindy Schultz said she plans to sue the agency.

“They went way over the top for a little, tiny, baby deer,” Miss Schultz said.

Attachments:
deer-ap_s640x411.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: SWAT Raid No-Kill Animal Shelter to Kill Baby Deer
Date: August 03, 2013 12:05PM

http://www.examiner.com/article/questions-raised-after-armed-agents-kill-baby-deer-named-giggles

After receiving anonymous tips of the fawn's presence, agents went into action, even taking aerial photos of the young deer.

Date: August 03, 2013 12:07PM

Attachments:
454a2b6d664e30b896dea43db6b0b5eb.jpg

Posted by: Ruby Ridge ()
Date: August 03, 2013 01:30PM

Another example of our militarized police force.

Posted by: eliot ness. ()
Date: August 03, 2013 02:42PM

Sad but true, the old days a cop knew the community and this overkill didnt happen. Now it is like a military unit with too many toys and nowhere to use them

Posted by: Sticky Fingers ()
Date: August 03, 2013 02:57PM

And yet, they allow negroes and spanish to overbreed and place that burden squarely on others.

Posted by: Vexxxed ()
Date: August 03, 2013 03:44PM

Ruby Ridge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another example of our militarized police force.
Attachments:
942627_407372362703851_337230961_n.jpg

Posted by: Liberal Logic 39 ()
Date: August 03, 2013 05:59PM

I like how they compared it to a drug raid like that was a logical comparison to make. If deer are that much of a public safety threat then every last one of them needs to be slaughtered since they walk through everyone's yard all the time if you have any trees near your house.

There seems to be more and more idiots gaining positions in Police forces getting power in the decision making process. Even IF killing it was what they decided, simply going there and getting the deer would have been sufficient, its not a SWAT operation it doesnt need to be a planned out raid its a deer at an animal shelter. If thats what their SWAT team considers action they should cut back on its size since it clearly never has anything to do.

Posted by: 6X ()
Date: August 03, 2013 08:23PM

I have some feral cats & kittens in my yard. Please don't tell them.
Attachments:
zoning v miz_'s cat.jpg

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: August 04, 2013 07:14AM

Thank God for our police forces and their SWAT teams doing all they can to protect us from the ravages of a baby deer. I know I will sleep better at night knowing these men and women are on the job.

Now I just wish they would start doing commando raids on deadly kittens and puppies!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2013 07:16AM by Stabitha.

Posted by: barry white ()
Date: August 04, 2013 10:04AM

They are heroes and deserve a pay raise and a medal.

Posted by: Call out the troops ()
Date: August 04, 2013 10:49AM

“If a sheriff’s department is going in to do a search warrant on a drug bust, they don’t call them and ask them to voluntarily surrender their marijuana or whatever drug that they have before they show up,” the supervisor responded.

Typical of the us vs them mentality that is taking place. Whoever made this statement has no business being a supervisor or for that matter any position in law enforcement.

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: August 04, 2013 11:23AM

I no longer respect or trust the cops. Not just this incident, but the fuck ups are piling up rapidly.

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: August 04, 2013 11:31AM

That fawn, although small, would be great on the grill with b b q sauce.

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Posted by: Alexander Smith ()
Date: August 04, 2013 01:24PM

Stabitha Wrote:
> I no longer respect or trust the cops. Not just
> this incident, but the fuck ups are piling up
> rapidly.

Agreed.

Their inhumane actions should not be tolerated by anyone in this country. We are a much more civilized nation.

Posted by: ObamaState ()
Date: August 04, 2013 01:32PM

Stabitha Wrote:
> rapidly.

Obama is turning this country into a police state. Unfortunately, liberals are either too stupid to understand this or they simply don't care, as long as they get their free shit.

Totalitarian states don't just happen; they need enough people to silently sit back and allow their freedoms to be eroded by an expanding, power grabbing, abusive federal government, in the hope that Daddy will take care of their every need.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 04, 2013 04:17PM

you keep voting people into office and they keep refusing to strike down absurd laws that are a complete overreach of power. who are the ones that are truly to blame?

the blame rests solely on cats!

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Liberal Logic 26 ()
Date: August 04, 2013 06:04PM

Stabitha Wrote:
> rapidly.

Theres a lot of truth to that. It used to be rare you heard about these kinds of things, now it seems to be daily. There is absolutely 0 accountability in Law Enforcement today which is a huge problem and why weve gotten to this point.

Posted by: 0-0-0-0-0-0-0 ()
Date: August 04, 2013 06:19PM

It's easy to blame Obama for our progression towards a police state but I am certain that we would be in the same predictament if a Republican had been in office the past 5 years. I think the blame lies on our obsessive fear of terrorism.

9-11 destroyed America.

Posted by: Liberal Logic 26 ()
Date: August 04, 2013 06:36PM

0-0-0-0-0-0-0 Wrote:
> It's easy to blame Obama for our progression
> towards a police state but I am certain that we
> would be in the same predictament if a Republican
> had been in office the past 5 years. I think the
> blame lies on our obsessive fear of terrorism.
>
> 9-11 destroyed America.

For the federal stuff he takes the blame for that since hes currently the guy in charge, the local stuff has little to do with the President though so thats not on him.

In a lot of ways 9-11 was a huge success making everyone over paranoid. Now that doesnt mean there isnt a threat, but there needs to be more of a balance of whats acceptable and whats actually effective verse what people are willing to give up. If a program doesnt even stop attacks its a non starter and should be ended there. The NSA program failed miserable for the Boston bombing and Ft Hood.

The local problems though are years if not decades in the making. The Homeland laws have emboldened some agencies, but the fact that no one ever gets fired even when shooting unarmed civilians sends a message youre untouchable. Even when they do get fired its extremely rare to be prosecuted.

The local problems would clean themselves up rather quickly or weed out the bad cops if there was accountability. Right now accountability means that youll be told not to do that again. Any other job in the country and you get fired if you arent good at it, if youre a cop and you mess up the department just pays someone and keeps you on. We even hold the military to a higher use of force standard and theyre in an actual war zone, wheres the logic in that?

The problem is worse in our area than other parts of the country, but its becoming a national problem. In the history of FCPD not a single officer has ever been charged with a crime in a shooting incident despite the department paying out 10s of millions in law suits. The only one I can even think of that got fired took almost 2 years and the threat of a federal investigation to end their career.

Without accountability the limits of whats acceptable will continue to be pushed over time.

Posted by: Mama J ()
Date: August 04, 2013 06:37PM

Attachments:
fKCMyOV.jpg

Date: January 29, 2014 05:09PM

bump

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: January 29, 2014 06:03PM

I found film footage of the Swat team killing the deer.
Attachments:
deerheadshot1.gif

Posted by: erik von zipper ()
Date: January 29, 2014 06:07PM

So what? Deer are pretty useless anyway. Giggles should have been fed to a needy family.
Of course, except for being fed to a family, the same can be said about nigs and spics.

Date: January 29, 2014 08:59PM

Numbers Wrote:
> I found film footage of the Swat team killing the
> deer.

This was unnecessary.

Posted by: xpXLG ()
Date: January 29, 2014 11:49PM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.