HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
National Hug-A-Republican Day - Nov. 5th
Posted by: You're Invited to a Pity Party! ()
Date: October 14, 2008 02:38PM

YOU'RE INVITED TO A PITY PARTY!!!

When: Wednesday, November 5th @ 5pm

Where: Your Local Republican Field Office.

Details: Food and beverages will not be provided due to economic strain. Candlelight vigil will begin at dusk.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: National Hug-A-Republican Day - Nov. 5th
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 14, 2008 02:47PM

The scare-o-meter going overtime. Why is it the Obama folks are so afraid?

Date: October 14, 2008 02:49PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The scare-o-meter going overtime. Why is it the
> Obama folks are so afraid?

When Republican supporters shout things like "Kill Him!," there are plenty of things to be afraid of.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 14, 2008 03:01PM

Yes well, much better than the MSM following the stories put out by black reporters and opinion sites noting there will be race riots if Obama loses.

Or this one:
http://www.stargazette.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081014/NEWS01/810140328&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

But the Obama figure looks like he is running, and the McCain likeness is dressed in the hooded robe of the Ku Klux Klan and is carrying a baseball bat.

Havens is quick to point out he is a liberal and a big supporter of Obama, and that the scene is meant to provoke thought about the way he believes Obama has been unfairly treated by the McCain campaign.

"I figured it would be equally offensive to everyone. It's just for shock value," Havens said. "McCain has been rabble-rousing, calling Obama a terrorist and a Muslim. The McCain campaign has gotten so ugly. That's what the message is. I can see how people could take this the wrong way. I'm not advocating anything. It's sarcasm."

The display is in Havens' front lawn, only a few yards from the highway.

Georgia Verdier, president of the Elmira-Corning Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, said she was concerned about the injection of race into the presidential campaign when someone called her to complain about the scene.

After viewing a photograph of Havens' display, Verdier said it seems innocuous enough, but she's still concerned it may send the wrong message.

"It looks friendly but I am concerned not so much about this display, but in general about the fear and hate that have entered the campaign," Verdier said. "This display appears friendly to me. But that's my take. A young lady passed by and had other feelings. We need to be concerned about that. I think we all need to be careful about what messages we send. The message we send is not always the message received."

What message is this guy trying to send? That McCain is representative of the KKK or that he is calling Obama a Muslim and a terrorist (which he is definitely not)? And that is supposed to be "innocuous"?

What a load.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2008 03:02PM by Registered Voter.

Posted by: .Bob Dolt ()
Date: September 19, 2023 09:57AM

Nice!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.