HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Nasty Pro Life Bumper Sticker
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: October 10, 2008 07:59PM

I was wandering aimlessly through the parking lot at Loehmans Plaza yesterday. Actually going to the Giant Food, but trying to make the story interesting. And I happened to see a black SVU with a McCain buper sticker on one side of the hatch and an interesting bumper sticker on the other side. It said

He is a child
Not a choice.

So I guess with girl babies, it is ok?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nasty Pro Life Bumper Sticker
Posted by: Bob ()
Date: October 10, 2008 10:37PM

I'm guessing that was another McCain campaign sticker, not a pro-life sticker.

They're trying to say Obama is a child, not a choice in the election.

But I could be wrong.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: October 10, 2008 11:00PM

Apologies, I should have made it clearer. The second bumper sticker was a Pro Life bumper sticker. I was just angered at the "He" part of since most pro lifers are, ahem - sitting down for this? - men.

Every year in January, 1000s of people march in DC to the Supreme Court to mark the Anniversary of the Roe V Wade decission and their disatisfaction to it.

OK - I dont want to get into THAT discussion but I do want to get into this discussion.

Every year for the march, the organizers go through the crowd and pick out 100-200 women and a group of cute teenage women, moms and grandmoms to hold the big sign at the front of the parade. Sounds good so far, right?

OK. What you will see next January when you see the pictures in the paper and the video on the news is the 100 to 200 women leading the parade. Now blink then look hard. NEARLY EVERY PERSON BEHIND THE HAND PICKED WOMEN LEADING THE PARADE IS A MAN - 1000s of them! The organizers grab the few women who do show up and put them up in front of the parade. The rest of the parade? pretty much all men.

When they get to the Supreme Court for the speeches etc, the few women who are there are rounded up and put in an area for maximum tv exposure, either in front of actually on the stage. The other 1000s there, you guessed it, MEN are behind them.

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: October 11, 2008 01:47AM

I'm not sure where you're going with that.

I'm a man. I'm catholic. I'm pro-choice.

I know about the march every January. When I was at a catholic high school in Pennsylvania in the mid 80's (my father was in the army and was given command of an Army Depot in PA) my friends and I all signed up to go on the march so we could duck out and go run around Georgetown. It was great that some pro-life group paid our bus fare to skip school and travel 120 miles to go run around in Georgetown for 5 hours.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.