HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Texas De Brazil, Chima, Malibu Grill
Date: October 02, 2009 10:13AM

Is there really any difference between the three?

Ive been to Malibu and TDB I do not notice much just the salad bar.
Has anyone been to Chima in tysons? Seems a bit more upscale with some fish and shrimp on the menu

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Texas De Brazil, Chima, Malibu Grill
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 02, 2009 10:34AM

I've been to Malibu a few times and Chima once. Chima has more stylish decor, but you can pretty much expect the same quality food. Chima had lamb skewers when I was there, which I've never seen at Malibu. I didn't see the shrimp or swordfish either at Chima.

I think these places are sorta lame. The meat's usually great, but I've never been impressed with the salad bar items. In fact, the salad bars suck, IMO. Chima's salad bar is bigger than Malibu's, but that didn't make it anymore interesting.

Re: Texas De Brazil, Chima, Malibu Grill
Posted by: minnesotat fats ()
Date: October 02, 2009 10:58AM

I ate at the malibu grill in fair oaks when it opened several years ago; haven't been back since. it sucked. salad bar was institutional. then gaucho types walked around with big skewers of meat. you'd call one over and he'd cut a slab of fatty meat off, while the point of the skewer is supported on your table, and the meat falls onto your plate, sort of. ridiculous. go to a regular restaurant.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.