HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Will McCain continue to go negative while...
Posted by: tapper ()
Date: October 09, 2008 05:00PM

The economy goes into the shitter? To the right: How does that make sense?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Will McCain continue to go negative while...
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 09, 2008 05:13PM

Is he supposed to offer some platitude or something? He has a plan, Obama has a plan. If you are going to evaluate him on his plan, then he would probably make a bigger case for it. So far though it seems to be about a personality cult, so he is now trying to shed some light behind the facade.

Makes sense to me.

His going negative has nothing to do with the economy. He is trying to get elected at this point. Pretty much normal politics. If Obama was behind right now, you would see him putting out more than 34% of his ads negative. So not sure why you don't get it, unless you are too young to understand how these things go.

Shrug.

WHat should not make sense to you is why Obama and his surrogates are responding to the ads. If there was no truth to them you would most likely see them ignoring them.

Posted by: erik ()
Date: October 09, 2008 05:19PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WHat should not make sense to you is why Obama and
> his surrogates are responding to the ads. If there
> was no truth to them you would most likely see
> them ignoring them.

Yea, ignoring attack ads worked well for Kerry with the shit boat vets in '04.

Date: October 09, 2008 05:20PM

Chris Matthews had a good statement on this (and I'll paraphrase)... Giving people with low information, bad information is never a good thing. This tactic smacks of being called unpatriotic for voting against the war in Iraq. And while it may have worked prior to the war, I think it will backfire now.

Sounds like you support the say anything politics to get elected.

Date: October 09, 2008 06:07PM

Supposedly Kerry was losing anyway, right?

Regarding politics and say anything, please. Obama says Ayers just "a guy that lived in my neighborhood" like, oh yawn, nothing here.

You don't sit down and host a senate campaign opener in your house without knowing the guy you are hosting first - I dunno, maybe in Democratic circles you do, but usually when you open your house up to someone in politics you like to know what you are getting into. Or maybe you had some developer friend of your happen to buy a piece of property adjacent to a home you like and somehow you end up getting a discounted price...

No, sorry, the Democrats perfected the "say anything to get elected" politics a long time ago. Along with the do anything to get elected politics as well.

If you believe Obama is Mr Truthful Politician from Chicago (an oxymoron if I ever heard one), then you have already taken that bait hook line and sinker.

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: October 09, 2008 06:51PM

Kepp poisoining the well Mr RV..these negative attacks dont work any more!

Facts...no one..absolutley no one thinks there is a materiel connection between Ayers and Obama.

McSame has as many if not more connections with slimy people then Obama. They include fascists in America...people who would shoot abortion doctors...savings and loan executives.

And as you have said numerous times on here...accusing the opposition of the same behavior you are being accused of is no defense....the republikan ticket is rallying their to the point that reminds one of lynch mobs. It is discusting...you defending them is discusting! You implying anyone from Chicago is a liar...is stupid....you are stupid!

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: October 09, 2008 06:58PM

And of course the Surge is working. If you would pay me, I would not shoot at you either.

Hear that people? The bribe, I mean The Surge, is working! We are paying upwards of $300 million a month for them not to shoot at our troops. The Bribe is working. The Bribe, I mean The Surge, is working.

Call me unpatriotic, I dare you.

Date: October 09, 2008 07:09PM

How big was the bribe the Clinton administration gave to North Korea to stop nuclear development? I mean come on, if you pay them after threatening to develop a nuke and bomb your friends - right?

What was it? A pair of light water nuclear reactors, 250000 gallons (barrels?) of oil a month, and a host of other materials....

You act like this is some outrageous behavior. Please.

Yo Vince - again, I was just responding to the premise of this thread - some people don't understand why McCain would go negative. I certainly can understand it - use your noggin - is it so hard to figure?

tapper and the rest of you act like this is some catastrophe. That is the part I don't get. Why get your panties all in a bind if there is nothing to worry about? Did you even understand my point about 3 fingers pointing back at you Vince? Because obviously you don't.

Posted by: erik ()
Date: October 09, 2008 07:17PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Supposedly Kerry was losing anyway, right?

No. And thankfully the Obama campaign isn't making the same mistake. Jerome Corsi even attempted to pull the same shit with another poorly sourced smear book about the democratic candidate, and it fell flat (unless you think a NY Times bestseller with a bulk sales dagger means anything).

Date: October 10, 2008 04:24AM

http://pmcms.ultimatejohnmccain.com/features/libya

"McCain consultant's wife worked for Libya's terrorist regime

A top consultant to Senator John McCain is married to a lobbyist who has worked in recent years for the Libyan regime of Muammar Khaddafi, UltimateJohnMcCain.com has learned.

She began working for the Khaddafi government at a time when it was officially designated by the U.S. State Department as a state sponsor of terrorism. "

In other news.. McCain changes his stance yet again:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14414.html

McCain changes homeowner plan

"The document posted and e-mailed by the McCain campaign on Tuesday night says at the end of its first full paragraph: “Lenders in these cases must recognize the loss that they’ve already suffered.”

So the government would buy the mortgages at a discounted rate, reflecting the declining value of the mortgage paper.

But when McCain reissued the document on Wednesday, that sentence was missing, to the dismay of many conservatives."

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.