HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
700 Billion Dollar Man
Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: October 07, 2008 02:12PM

Neil Kashkari has been placed in charge of overseeing the bail out.

Does anyone else find it kind of ironic that CASH 'N' CARRY and Kashkari are quite similar in pronunciation; or is it just me who actually laughed out loud when I saw that on the news this morning....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 700 Billion Dollar Man
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 07, 2008 03:21PM

And by the time this is all over, he'll be known as "Neil Governmentscapegoat"

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 07, 2008 03:27PM

Well, after a lot of searching, I was finally able to find this SNL video. It was pulled from about every web site in the world - and the ones that had it were not responding. Gotta love Freedom of Speech - as practiced by the Democrats. It amazes me how many things they get pulled by MSM and others when they don't like the content. This is supposed to be humor, but somehow it worried them enough that they had to blitz sites to kill it.

Edit: Added a smaller version of the file.
---------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2008 04:38PM by Registered Voter.
Attachments:
SNLBailoutSmall.WMV

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: October 07, 2008 05:32PM

STFU...and stop whining...pulled from every web site in the world..and you just happen to find one! Arent you the sherlock holmes.

Date: October 07, 2008 05:46PM

Whining? No, just noting how desperate folks are to hide this stuff. Yes, representatives of your Democratic party who pull anything derisive or possibly hurtful from the media as soon as possible.

Feels like Communism already.

Be careful what you vote for. You may find you end up with more than you bargained for, especially from folks who are so willing to put a clamp on any bit of information that paints them in a bad light. That is the point of my finding that clip. I mean SNL is not noted for it's "right wing" tendencies, and yet they put out a skit that shows all sides blaming each other, and even satire of folks who were very instrumental in killing Wachovia - then poof.

But hey, don't worry, be happy, that is always what I say :)

Date: October 07, 2008 05:48PM

no one is hiding a thing..I just went to 4 web sites and found that video...stop with your conspiracy crap already.

Date: October 07, 2008 06:21PM

Link? I think most of them will tell you the video has been removed.

Date: October 07, 2008 07:44PM

Now the story is that NBC removed the video to edit it, and now is returning it with the part about the Wachovia story changed. Supposedly.

Date: October 07, 2008 10:07PM

your paranoia is showing

Date: October 07, 2008 11:03PM

Only led by your obvious grasp of the facts.

Date: October 08, 2008 06:59AM

and you dont know the difference between facts and propaganda. truth is sometimes bigger then the facts and always more influential then the propaganda you keep pumoing out.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 08, 2008 09:01AM

vince,
   Registered Voter is correct in that footage was cut. At 5min 55sec about 15 seconds are cut.

i checked http://www.hulu.com/watch/38041/saturday-night-live-washington-approves-the-bailout#s-p1-st-i1 and http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/c-span-bailout/727521/ and both are missing the 15 seconds.

the following was cut:
Herbert Sandler: "And thank you congressman frank as well as many republicans for helping block congressional oversight about corrupt activities."
Congressman Barney Frank: "Not at all... but [resume uncut]"

file.php?40,file=693
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.