HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
John McCain's Insurance Plan
Date: October 05, 2008 09:33AM

I am wondering when the MSM or Obama campaign are going to point out a simple reality about John McCain's plan. McCain wants to give a $5K tax credit to people who get their own insurance. Why is no one pointing out that McCain himself can't qualify for individual health insurance under his own plan because of his history with skin cancer?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: John McCain's Insurance Plan
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: October 05, 2008 10:30AM

The aspect of McSame's plan that appears to get traction is the ability to go across state lines to get your insurance. He touts it as a means to reduce cost. The thought they are trying to leave you with is that by taking down those barriers it will increase competition...that might be a small factor but the real affect is to allow healthy people to go to states that do not require insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions..states like ALabama vice NJ that does require preexisting conditions to be covered. So...it neutralizes state legislatures..it creates healthy vs. unhealthy class warfare! It is a dispicable strategy.

The $5k tax credit may actually benifit people that are well insured...working for large corporations/government like myself. Even after taxing my health benifits...I will make money. People who arent insured...work for small companies that will likely eliminate employer funded health benifits.

So..if you are healthy...and dont think you might not be healthy some day...work for a large corporation/government...make a very nice income to take advantage of all the nuances of the McSame program..go for it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2008 10:30AM by Vince(1).

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.