HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Obama's Thought Police
Posted by: George Orwell ()
Date: October 02, 2008 11:32AM

What next? Squads of goons?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iStZAbf47FA

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Obama's Thought Police
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: October 02, 2008 12:31PM

No...just the truth!

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: October 02, 2008 12:46PM

Yeah, I find it funny that this gets as little coverage as it does. But there you go, take the 1st Amendment and toss it out first.

So do they expect equal protection? Or does this only apply to anti-Obama ads?

Wait til they crack down on bloggers...

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: October 02, 2008 01:02PM

Actually a very good idea to tell the truth. I'm sick and tired of the McCain half truths, lies, and distortions of fact. Just imagine if political ads and general advertising had to be factual, truthful, and no nasty subliminal messages. Vance Packard in The Hidden Persuaders warned us a long time ago. Nothing to do with George Orwell or "squads of goons," whatever they may be.

Date: October 02, 2008 03:00PM

You miss the point Jimmy. Both sides are doing putting out ads with half-truths and lies, so my question stands, does it apply if Obama ads are found to be full of lies also? As long as it is applied to both sides it might be ok - it doesn't sound like this is the case, and I also am curious who it is that deems an ad a lie?

This leads to a very slippery slope of 1st Amendment issues, and it isn't something to just toss glibly out and act like it is some kind of holy cause so it is ok.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2008 03:01PM by Registered Voter.

Date: October 02, 2008 04:21PM

lol...funny to think that guy who probably supports the Patriot Act is so concerned about constitutional rights being violated. I suspect this entire issue is much to do about nothing! Id love to see who owns that local station and what agenda they have!

Posted by: George Orwell ()
Date: October 02, 2008 04:25PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You miss the point Jimmy. Both sides are doing
> putting out ads with half-truths and lies, so my
> question stands, does it apply if Obama ads are
> found to be full of lies also? As long as it is
> applied to both sides it might be ok - it doesn't
> sound like this is the case, and I also am curious
> who it is that deems an ad a lie?
>
> This leads to a very slippery slope of 1st
> Amendment issues, and it isn't something to just
> toss glibly out and act like it is some kind of
> holy cause so it is ok.

Nail on the head Registered Voter. Exactly what I was hoping for,
a reasonable opinion based on good logic. Too bad about Vince,
but then again, he's still in middle school and out to lunch.

Date: October 02, 2008 04:28PM

it is also hysteriacl to see republikans all besides themselves..thinking those biiigg issues..as long as it suites there purposes.

Date: October 02, 2008 04:30PM

Vince, the "Patriot Act" was enacted in response to a terrorist attack on our country. If some other politician had been in office and the attack happened, we would have seen the same kind of legislation come out. I know people have been adversely affected by this act, not always for good reasons - if it is abused, then you take them to court.

This is more of your responses in the likes of you have nothing good to say, so you say something inconsequential about nothing.

Do you have anything to say about the issue at hand, or have you now made it your life's goal to post troll responses to anything I post so you can prove to yourself that you are still relevant in some small, insignificant way? Funny thing, the act is still in effect, and hmm, Democrats control Congress right now. You think Obama is going to repeal the act if he gets into office? Moron.

Freedom of speech is the FIRST Amendment for good reason. I don't like stupid political ads either, but you know what, I am not going to make law enforcement go harass people to make them stop. If the Obama campaign wants to file a complaint about an ad, or a group posting an ad, and take it to Civil Court where it belongs, then more power to them.

Posted by: A Heaping Spoonful of YAWN ()
Date: October 02, 2008 04:48PM

I don't know about you fellas, but Registered Voter seems like a ton of fun at parties! I wonder if he hit's the Georgetown COCK-n-TAIL circuit?

Date: October 02, 2008 05:13PM

Look, Anon-a-troll strikes again. You a Vince apologist?

Date: October 02, 2008 05:17PM

Now we have the Obama Channel. This speaks all on its own...
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/1008/The_Obama_channel.html

Then we have the glory children...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LsrtppY2Dc

Here you go, speaking of thought police, should we also have the Leader's Message channel, and the Leader's adoring Youth parades?

Posted by: Registered Failure ()
Date: October 02, 2008 05:56PM

I bet it really pisses you off that Obama will win. Cry yourself to sleep tonight, mmmkay?

Date: October 02, 2008 06:07PM

This is all silly talk...political spin..a hopefully last gasp effort by the masters of dirty tricks...REPUBLIKANS. There is one honest one though....

Frank Donatelli, deputy chairman of the Republican National Committee, held a conference call with reporters Saturday morning while touring the state’s offices for GOP presidential candidate John McCain.

In a telephone interview with the News-Leader, Donatelli admitted the Democratic prosecutors “haven’t specifically said” they would use their prosecutorial powers on Obama’s behalf.

“I don’t think you have to use the power. I think if you just call out somebody and you have the power, you’ve made your point,” Donatelli told the News-Leader. “It’s not that you have to prosecute a guy, but people think you might.”

Donatelli said prosecutors don’t normally join campaign truth squads because their mere presence as a campaign attack dog “has a chilling affect on people’s rights of free speech.”

But a review of McCain’s own truth squads shows he has a district attorney from New Mexico and the South Carolina attorney general ready to respond to misleading ads from Obama and Democrats in their respective states.

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080927/BLOGS09/80927018

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.