HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Giving McCain his due...
Posted by: charlie ()
Date: September 27, 2008 11:18AM

He did well lasst night, a lot better then expected. I think he's still fighting an up hill battle with some of his recent decision (Palin, trying to cancel the debates, etc.) but looked good last night. Obama needs to do a few things:

1) Figure out the "sitting down with dictators w/o preconditions". Frankly, I don't even know what this means. To me, it's just jabbing like what McCain likes to do (e.g. making fun of Obama about his inflate tires comment). Nevertheless it came across effective

2) The surge. McCain seems to have found the one success story in all of Iraq and has turned it into his favor.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Giving McCain his due...
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: September 27, 2008 07:00PM

charlie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He did well lasst night, a lot better then
> expected. I think he's still fighting an up hill
> battle with some of his recent decision (Palin,
> trying to cancel the debates, etc.) but looked
> good last night. Obama needs to do a few things:
>
> 1) Figure out the "sitting down with dictators w/o
> preconditions". Frankly, I don't even know what
> this means. To me, it's just jabbing like what
> McCain likes to do (e.g. making fun of Obama about
> his inflate tires comment). Nevertheless it came
> across effective
>
> 2) The surge. McCain seems to have found the one
> success story in all of Iraq and has turned it
> into his favor.

BETTER THEN EXPECTED!!!!!! Hey folks the topic was foreign policy..this is hs strong suite...this is his experience! Since when did he become the debate under dog? Well...forgetting that he is going senile..and is cancerous...oh I guess he is the under dog...never mind!

Re: Giving McCain his due...
Date: September 27, 2008 07:52PM

I think McCain did fine. However, "fine" doesn't cut it. He needed to clobber Obama in the debate and didn't come anywhere near it. As far as Obama is concerned, if you had watched any of his previous debates, this is the best he has looked. Obama has a tendency to hem and haw when giving answers. While he did that some last night, it wasn't nearly as distracting as it has been in the past. I think for the most part Obama won simply by looking Presidential and demonstrating command of the subject matter he discussed.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.