HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
NE Patriots' TE Aaron Hernandez Wanted For Questioning In Regards To A Murder
Posted by: Sporto ()
Date: June 20, 2013 08:49PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantasy-roto-arcade/rapid-react-hernandez-hot-water-future-220326969.html

Destroyed his cell phone and his home's security system and has his home professionally cleaned from top to bottom on Monday...this isn't enough to convict him of a crime but without his cell phone and security cam footage I hope the investigating authority has other evidence because without it, a guilty verdict might be hard to come by.

So, Hernandez might be a murderer and Gronk is on the mend. I wonder if this was the reason for signing Tebow...does this make him #2 on the depth chart now?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NE Patriots' TE Aaron Hernandez Wanted For Questioning In Regards To A Murder
Date: June 20, 2013 09:34PM

This is going to get juicy...

Re: NE Patriots' TE Aaron Hernandez Wanted For Questioning In Regards To A Murder
Date: June 20, 2013 11:02PM

Emeritus Q. Beaker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is going to get juicy...

The lack of coverage on this on ESPN today was appalling. I was working from home today and had it on in the background. They were running stuff on the crawl but, they never broke in with any live updates. It was all about NBA Game 7. Which at this point, if you weren't aware there was a game 7 in the NBA tonight, you're not a fan.

Posted by: MoreInfo ()
Date: June 20, 2013 11:21PM

He should have called Mr. Wolf...............DUH.

Date: June 20, 2013 11:36PM

MoreInfo Wrote:
> He should have called Mr. Wolf...............DUH.

Good one...I haven't heard his name in awhile.

The only problem is, it sounds like BPD have been following Hernandez and staking out his residence. If they saw a professional cleaning crew going in and out of the house then there's a good chance they'd know who, what and why a well-dressed man driving an Acura NSX went in and out of the house for, too.

Date: June 21, 2013 03:08PM

Court clerk: No arrest warrant issued for Aaron Hernandez

Staff report, USA TODAY Sports 1:16 p.m. EDT June 21, 2013

As dueling reports dispute whether an arrest warrant has been issued for Aaron Hernandez, a homicide investigation continues to swirl around the New England Patriots tight end.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030, a CBS affiliate in Boston, reported Friday morning that a warrant had been issued and Hernandez would be charged with obstruction of justice in connection with the shooting death of a friend whose body was found dumped in an industrial park less than a mile from Hernandez's home in North Attleborough, Mass.

But a clerk in the Attleboro District Court told USA TODAY Sports no arrest record has been issued yet for Hernandez or anyone else in the case.

The body of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd of Dorchester, Mass., was found Monday. He had been shot in the head, according to several reports. The Boston Globe reported Friday that Lloyd had been shot multiple times. Lloyd's family has said he had some connection to Hernandez but would not elaborate.

The Boston Globe reported Friday that police have surveillance videos that show Hernandez with Lloyd on the morning police say Lloyd was killed.

ABC News has reported that persons with knowledge of the investigation have said Hernandez destroyed his cell phone and surveillance videos from the cameras at his home, and that his home was cleaned hours after police believe Odin was killed.

The Globe reported a police source who said Lloyd was killed where the body was found.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/patriots/2013/06/21/tight-end-aaron-hernandez-homicide/2441631/

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: June 21, 2013 06:23PM

He needs to call Ray Lewis STAT!

Word is he is going to be charged with obstruction of justice (sound familiar Ray?) Sounds like he was with or knows about whoever killed Lloyd (sound familiar Ray?)

I predict another scam on the criminal justice system by a wealthy NFL player.

Posted by: shocker ()
Date: June 21, 2013 06:26PM

fucking spics.

Posted by: 654987321 ()
Date: June 21, 2013 11:15PM

Deport his useless wetback ass back to Mexico.

Posted by: Hart Lee Dykes ()
Date: June 21, 2013 11:31PM

This guy is innocent. Just axe anyone, he is an Honest Abe.

Date: June 26, 2013 02:28PM

Aaron Hernandez arrested, taken into police custody

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/06/26/aaron-hernandez-handcuffed-police-custody/2458991/

Kevin Manahan, USA TODAY Sports 2:22 p.m. EDT June 26, 2013

NORTH ATTLEBOROUGH, Mass. — Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has been arrested and taken into custody by police, who are investigating the homicide of semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd, who was found shot execution-style about a half-mile from Hernandez's home.

Hernandez, wearing red shorts and sneakers, was led out from his home handcuffed, his arms inside a white V-neck white T-shirt and behind his back, and placed in the back seat of a police cruiser.

Hernandez has been at the center of a police investigation into Lloyd's death.

The 27-year-old's body was found on June 17 in an industrial park by a nighttime jogger, about a half-mile from Hernandez's home. Police ruled the death a homicide, and Lloyd's family members said Lloyd, who was shot in the head, and Hernandez were friends who had been together the previous day.

Just hours after the arrest, the New England Patriots announced in a statement that the team released Hernandez.

"A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss," the team said in a statement. "Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do."

The Patriots drafted Hernandez out of Florida in 2010, and last summer, the team gave Hernandez a five-year contract worth $40 million.

Seven officers were present for the 8:47 a.m. arrest by Massachusetts State Police and North Attleboro Police. Hernandez will be arraigned at Attleboro District Court. In an email statement, the office of Bristol District Attorney C. Samuel Sutter said he will meet with the press and issue a statement following Hernandez's arraignment, scheduled for 2 p.m. ET.

Date: June 26, 2013 02:29PM

Patriots release Aaron Hernandez
Lindsay H. Jones, USA TODAY Sports 2:26 p.m. EDT June 26, 2013

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
Tight end was released two hours after he was arrested
He will be arraigned on undisclosed charges today
Patriots drafted Hernandez in fourth round of 2010 draft
The New England Patriots ended their silence surrounding Aaron Hernandez's involvement in a homicide investigation when the team released the star tight end Wednesday, less than two hours after Hernandez was led from his North Attleborough, Mass. home in handcuffs.

In releasing Hernandez so soon after his arrest, the team distanced itself from a player tied to a homicide investigation, regardless of financial implications that come with his contract and the league's collective bargaining agreement.

Hernandez will be arraigned on undisclosed charges Wednesday afternoon. He has been under investigation since June 18 in the slaying of acquaintance Odin Lloyd, whose body was discovered less than a mile from Hernandez's home.

HERNANDEZ: Past troubles come into focus

"A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation," the New England Patriots said in a statement. "We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do."

The Patriots drafted Hernandez in the fourth round of the 2010 draft, believing they got a steal of a player with first-round talent whose stock slipped because of off-field character concerns. The team signed him to a long-term contract worth nearly $40 million last summer after he excelled in his first two seasons — and also stayed out of any sort of trouble. He had no prior arrests nor suspensions under the NFL's personal conduct police.

PHOTOS: The Aaron Hernandez saga

Hernandez has already received a $9.25 million of a $12.5 signing bonus.

There is language in the Collective Bargaining Agreement that allows teams to nullify contracts and recoup bonus money in the case of incarceration or other off-field transgressions, but Hernandez never missed any football-related activities before he was released.

Had the Patriots' primary concern been about money, it would have made more sense to allow him to remain on the roster while the legal proceedings play out. Had Hernandez been under contract and unable to play because he was in jail or suspended by the league, the Patriots may have been able to save up to $37 million.

TIMELINE: Aaron Hernandez investigation

But now the Patriots will likely have to accept a major salary cap hit. On March 17, $1.137 million of Hernandez's $1.2M salary became guaranteed. He will now count just over $5 million for the Patriots' 2013 salary cap.

Hernandez will count $7.5 million against the salary cap in 2014 as the three remaining $2.5M prorated cap charges from his signing bonus are consolidated instead of being spread over the 2014-16 seasons.

The NFL wanted to refrain from making any statements until after formal chargers were announced, but once the Patriots released Hernandez, the league made its first comments since the homicide investigation began.

"The involvement of an NFL player in a case of this nature is deeply troubling," the NFL said in a statement released by spokesman Greg Aiello. "The Patriots have released Aaron Hernandez, who will have his day in court. At the same time, we should not forget the young man who was the victim in this case and take this opportunity to extend our deepest sympathy to Odin Lloyd's family and friends."

Hernandez received his contract extension at age 22, after only two seasons in the NFL. As a player with three years experience, he will be subject to the NFL waiver system that allows other teams to place a claim on him before 4 p.m. ET Thursday.

But with Hernandez embroiled in a homicide investigation, it would be quite the risk — and public relations nightmare — for any team to do so. If a team were to claim Hernandez, they would also pick up the rest of his contract.

The Patriots, under owner Robert Kraft, have a history of cutting ties with players in legal trouble. In 1996, the team released rookie defensive tackle Christian Peter before the start of training camp because of his history of arrests while at the University of Nebraska, including a charge of sexual assault. Kraft's wife, Myra, pushed her husband to release a player with such a rap sheet.

Myra Kraft died in 2011 after a battle with cancer, but her legacy remains in Foxborough through the Myra Kraft Giving Back Fund.

When Hernandez signed his new contract last year, he gave a $50,000 donation to the charitable organization, citing the impact the Kraft family had on his life.

"He changed my life. Now I'm able to basically have a good chance to be set for life, and have a good life," Hernandez told reporters last July. "He didn't need to give me the amount that he gave me, and knowing that he thinks I deserve that, he trusts me to make the right decisions, it means a lot. It means he trusts my character, and the person I am, which means a lot, cause my mother, that's how she wanted to raise me. They have to trust you to give you that money. I just feel a lot of respect and I owe it back to him."

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: June 26, 2013 02:33PM

Send Ricky Ricardo on steroids back to Guatamala.

Date: June 26, 2013 02:39PM

Hernandez is expected to be hit with SIX criminal charges.

Date: June 26, 2013 02:42PM

nice arragant look on his face before the judge.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: June 26, 2013 02:44PM

La cucaracha, la cucaracha
Ya no puede caminar
Porque no tiene, porque le falta
Marijuana que fumar.

Ya la murio la cucaracha
Ya la lleven a enterrar
Entre cuatro zopilotes
Y un raton de sacristan.

Date: June 26, 2013 02:45PM

HERNANDEZ HAS BEEN CHARGED WITH MURDER.

Date: June 26, 2013 03:05PM

MoreInfo Wrote:
> HERNANDEZ HAS BEEN CHARGED WITH MURDER.

Going to prison as a Tight End... Going to leave as a Wide Receiver...

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: June 26, 2013 03:10PM

Eli The Camel Herder Wrote:
> MoreInfo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > HERNANDEZ HAS BEEN CHARGED WITH MURDER.
>
>
> Going to prison as a Tight End... Going to leave
> as a Wide Receiver...

Ho ho!

Where did ya hear that one?
Attachments:
laugh.jpg

Date: June 26, 2013 03:29PM

Before it's over we will all be outraged that another NFL player used his high priced lawyers to weasel out of a conviction. Im not saying he's guilty but Ive seen this movie before.

Posted by: Law-Turd ()
Date: June 26, 2013 03:33PM

So, there's legal precedent here, right? "Ray Lewis vs. City of Atlanta"?

He just pleads guilty to obstruction of justice and gets off on the murder rap, correct?

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: June 26, 2013 03:56PM

Charged with murder. It appears his legal team is gonna be very busy now.

Date: June 26, 2013 03:57PM

Anyone but me remember Rae Carruth?

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: June 26, 2013 04:06PM

WingNut Wrote:
> Anyone but me remember Rae Carruth?

TE for the Panthers. Or former now playing in the prison league.

Date: June 26, 2013 04:10PM

Rae Carruth only got like 20 yrs for conspiracy to murder.

The triggermen who testified against him received more time.

I think he will hitting the bricks in the next few years, maybe go to one of the networks.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Date: June 26, 2013 04:14PM

Carruth paid someone to kill his wife who was pregnant with his kid I believe. It would make sense the guy who actually killed her would get more time.

Date: June 26, 2013 04:23PM

Carruth has a projected release date of Oct. 22, 2018.

I disagree about the sentence, I think it should have been equal to or greater than the triggerman.

No money for the shooter, no crime.

I think VA treats murder for hire a little harsher.

Piece of shit either way lighting up a pregnant woman.

Date: June 26, 2013 05:45PM

In addition to murder, Hernandez has been charged with 1 count of carrying a gun without a license, 2 counts of possession of a large firearm, and 2 counts of firearm possession. He has pled not guilty.

Time to sell the house and toys!!!!

Posted by: localboob ()
Date: June 26, 2013 06:12PM

am i doing it right?
Attachments:
BNtRmafCAAEHEy8.jpg-large.jpeg

Date: June 26, 2013 06:19PM

MoreInfo Wrote:
> In addition to murder, Hernandez has been charged
> with 1 count of carrying a gun without a license,
> 2 counts of possession of a large firearm, and 2
> counts of firearm possession. He has pled not
> guilty.
>
> Time to sell the house and toys!!!!

Not only that but he just signed a $41 mil contract that he wont be seeing a penny of is my guess.

Posted by: ron203 ()
Date: June 28, 2013 09:34PM

He aint weaseling out of shit ,the evidence is to strong and he has the worst thing possible going on now CO DEFENDENTS! Only a matter of time before they roll on him!

Posted by: MitchKramer ()
Date: July 03, 2013 03:42PM

Holy Shit man a 4th shooting connection???

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.