HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
McSame on Spain...Senility?
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: September 18, 2008 10:57PM

Do you think maybe senilty explains why Mcsame cant keep the topic straight? Maybe this must be a general problem with republikans....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIcEa1CLhc8&feature=related

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: McSame on Spain...Senility?
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: September 19, 2008 08:19PM

FYI, Spain pulled out of Iraq some years ago. Otherwise, Spain is an ally of the US and a member of Nato. McCain is holding a grudge over Spain's exit, and was trying to change the topic.

Date: September 19, 2008 09:24PM

I think it is obvious what happened here. McCain didn't understand what the interviewer was asking because of her accent. He assumed because it was a Spanish surname, she was talking about Latin America. Instead of asking for clarification, he gave the kind of answer he might give if she were talking about the Presidents of Bolivia or Brazil. He sounded like an idiot but is too embarrassed to admit his mistake.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: September 19, 2008 10:09PM

I would actually agree with you on that point WTL.

Did you feel that? I think the earth moved...

Date: September 19, 2008 10:42PM

he also insulted many of the hispanic community with his mistake and arrogance in all his responses! and do not underestimate the senility factor..you assume he knows he made a mistake. the first signs of senility is not realizing when you make so many public "mistakes".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2008 10:44PM by Vince(1).

Date: September 19, 2008 11:02PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would actually agree with you on that point
> WTL.
>
> Did you feel that? I think the earth moved...

I don't think the earth moved. However, I think it is interesting that McCain would jeopardize U.S.-Iberian relations over his fear of embarrassment. That's not very Presidential or Statesman-like.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: September 19, 2008 11:26PM

Iberian? +1; Does this reference include Portugal?

No, McCain knows he has a rift with Spain over their Iraq pull out. He simply tried to change the subject to other Spanish, or Iberian languaged, countries and he was caught. He looked foolish doing this obfuscation.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: September 19, 2008 11:27PM

Shrug

The only ones lamenting over this is our media. They tried to show how it had drawn attention in Spain and found 1 relevant article. The government over there just glossed it over in their dealing with it.

Don't let the fact that our media salivates at any possible "gotcha" moment make you believe that people all around the world actually give a shit.

Date: September 20, 2008 12:04AM

This isnt about the Iberian peninsula! Im afraid more then few hispanic US voters heard that embarassing interview and knew exactly how to interpret it...a senile old man who doesnt quite have the ear anymore of anyone who doesn't have a perfect gringo accent!

Date: September 20, 2008 08:31AM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Iberian? +1; Does this reference include
> Portugal?
>

Considering McCain doesn't know Spanish refers to Spain, I figured I'd better use a more exact geographic term.

That said, McCain immediately started talking about "this hemisphere," so it was pretty apparent he didn't fully understand what the interviewer was asking. However, I don't think it would be the end of the world if McCain came up with a tactful way of saying he misheard the question and supports the U.S. relationship with Spain.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.