HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Experian Onine
Posted by: Native ()
Date: April 16, 2008 09:51PM

Just thought I would share this w/ the crowd. Anyone thats looking to fix blemishes on their credit report no longer has to mail the dispute letter to experian. The process is done all online and it takes less then 30 seconds after you punch in all your personal info. I was able to remove a single 30 day late payment from two of my credits cards. By law they have to aknowledge you in writing in 30 days but I got an e-mail notification stating that it has been removed and I only had to wait 11 days. Unfortunately you still have to write to trans union and equifax but I bet it won't be much longer before they allow to dispute items online. I belive each person is allowed to a free report from all 3 bureaus every year. If you wish to check it more then once in a 12 month period there is a $8 fee per bureau. I found this very convenient and thought others would find it usefull.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Experian Onine
Posted by: Merrill ()
Date: April 18, 2008 06:12PM

One way to get around the once-every-12-months rule is to just check one company's records every 4 months. In other words, stagger them so you're checking each one every 4 months. No reason to check all 3 all at once.

Re: Experian Onine
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: April 18, 2008 10:06PM

Native Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just thought I would share this w/ the crowd.
> Anyone thats looking to fix blemishes on their
> credit report no longer has to mail the dispute
> letter to experian. The process is done all online
> and it takes less then 30 seconds after you punch
> in all your personal info.

I must point out the fallacy of this point because very important information has been left out - information that you the consumer should be aware of.

While all three credit bureaus will let you dispute a charge on line, it behooves the consumer to dispute via US Mail preferably certified mail.

The credit bureaus are required by law to investigate any disputes received in writing within 30 days of receipt. If they cant verify the negative information within that 30 days, the negative item must be removed.

You have this and several other legal rights if you dispute the negative mark in writing via US mail. The law does not have have the same protections for you if you dispute on line.

While the credit bureaus may process your request quicker online than via US Mail, why would anyone give up their legal rights? Dispute on line and they say forget it, your out of luck with no legal recourse.

Also, it obviously takes longer for them open a letter and figure out what you are talking about and verify the claim - this is to your advantage - they got 30 days, thats it. After the clock runs out it must be removed.

Always dispute via US Mail. For more information see the book "What every credit card customer need to know" by Howard Strong and do not take anything you read on the internet as the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Fuck it, I am considered a troll here, I am sorry for trolling. Quick somebody call me a douche bag.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.