HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Temperpedic beds worth it?
Posted by: BACK HURTS ()
Date: March 15, 2008 05:40PM

I am thinking of buying Temperpedic Bed from Healthy Back Store.

WHat is a good price and is the bed worth it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Temperpedic beds worth it?
Posted by: Mike Sorce ()
Date: March 15, 2008 08:58PM

They are very comfortable once you get used to it (give yourself 30 days), but they are very expensive as you have probably seen. Are they better than a high-quality innerspring mattress? I think that it more a question of personal preference.

This might sound strange, but we bought ours from someone on Craigslist who gave up on it after six months. The prices are pretty much fixed no matter where you go, although I have seen discontinued models at Overstock.com.

Posted by: Back Hurts, Too ()
Date: March 16, 2008 04:49AM

My neurologist recommended a "semi-firm" bed for my chronic back pain. He did NOT recommend the Temperpedic (foam) type.

Don't send in the Temperpedic card in magazines! You will receive advertising on a weekly basis for months...maybe forever. (Unless you are lonely and like to receive mail :-)

Posted by: Mary ()
Date: March 20, 2008 07:33PM

We tried the bed during a 30 trial period. It was delivered in mid-December after having been on a truck for a long time. Cold as ice and hard. Hmmmm. We called the store and they said to try getting an electric blanket and put it on the bed...well it warmed up the bed but still bedrock.

After 10 days, we called them to come get it - too hard to sleep on...and the delivery guys informed us that the trucker put the bed upside down on our floor - we were not sleeping on the foam but the wood bottom of some sort. Of course it was cold and no comfortable. We had them take it anyhow...if they can't train the delivery guys, who knows what would go wrong next?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.