HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Can We Limit the Number of Political Threads?
Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: September 11, 2008 05:32PM

It was nice when the redistricting people limited themselves to one thread. Can we do the same for the crappy political threads in off-topic? I know it's off topic, so anything goes, but do we really need a new thread every time Sarah Palin farts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Can We Limit the Number of Political Threads?
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: September 11, 2008 05:59PM

Well, these folks don't seem to have any thought other than spamming the threads with the same thoughts over and over. I think they figure if they say it in enough different places and ways, it will make it more real...

But good thought :)

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: September 11, 2008 06:05PM

It's all from one or two rabid posters. One of which I am actively trying to permanently ban. Expect it to get better soon.

- Cary (the admin)

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: September 11, 2008 06:23PM

I hadn't considered the flooding of the rabid posts in Off Topic to be that critical because it is Off-Topic, but I think you are right and it has gotten out of hand. How about a "2008 Elections" sub-forum to Off-Topic? Maybe that would clean things up a bit and contain all the political talk to one spot where people can easily find it if they are looking for it.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: September 11, 2008 06:27PM

Hey Cary, maybe you can make it so if you want to post in Off Topic, you DO need to be registered. Make it more of a privilege to post off topic... ?

Just a thought.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 11, 2008 06:29PM

Just create non-political posts in off-topic that will interest other posters. There are certainly other things to talk about.

Posted by: Voter ()
Date: September 11, 2008 06:47PM

I, for one, will voluntarily quit posting political threads. It seemed like there were interested people, and since Virginia is a possible swing state this year there was some point to trying to get discussions going on a local level. There are plenty of other sites devoted to political discussion though so I'll just go to one of those.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.