HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Palin's family shockers
Posted by: Voter ()
Date: September 10, 2008 07:41AM

I wonder when the Republicans will start whining about how the mainstream press isn't reporting these things? You know, the way they did with the John Edwards story?

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/_palin_family_shockers_what_sarahs_really_hiding/celebrity/65407

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Palin's family shockers
Date: September 10, 2008 09:59AM

Voter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wonder when the Republicans will start whining
> about how the mainstream press isn't reporting
> these things? You know, the way they did with the
> John Edwards story?
>
>
> http://www.nationalenquirer.com/_palin_family_shoc
> kers_what_sarahs_really_hiding/celebrity/65407

This is good stuff. Sounds like the Enquirer is working on verifying the story about her son cutting the brake lines to the school buses. He also supposedly is an OxyContin addict and Sarah Palin threw Bristol out of the house when she found out she was pregnant! Ha! Not very Christian sounding, if you ask me.

Posted by: OMG ()
Date: September 10, 2008 10:07AM

Hard drug use while he was a teenager? I suppose he can never run for president.

Oh wait - "Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it." -- Sen. Barack Obama

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 10, 2008 10:17AM

It has nothing to do with him running for president, and everything to do with his mother being a hypocritical purveyor of "american family-values".

OMG Wrote:
> Hard drug use while he was a teenager? I suppose
> he can never run for president.
>
> Oh wait - "Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a
> little blow when you could afford it." -- Sen.
> Barack Obama

Posted by: Voter ()
Date: September 10, 2008 10:23AM

That's exactly right. Sarah Palin bragged about "being the mother of one of those troops" and Republicans routinely try to portray themselves as being more patriotic. Let's get it all out there. Sarah Palin is not who she says she is.

TheMeeper Wrote:
> It has nothing to do with him running for
> president, and everything to do with his mother
> being a hypocritical purveyor of "american
> family-values".
>
>

Date: September 10, 2008 10:23AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> It has nothing to do with him running for
> president, and everything to do with his mother
> being a hypocritical purveyor of "american
> family-values".

So, if she stood for teenage drug use, it would be OK? Did you do everything your parents expected of you as a teenager? If not, were they hypocrites? Look we all set standards for our own lives and that of our children. Many times we fail to live up to our own standards, and many times children fail to live up to their parents' standards. Failure to live up to those standards is not an excuse to throw them out the window.

What I find interesting in this whole debate is the innuendo that Track joined the military to avoid jail time. I have yet to see any factual assertions that indicate the claim is true, but even if it was, I say so what? In my mind, if he joined the military instead of going to jail it shows that he is at least accepting responsibility for his misdeeds. How easy would it have been to have the whole thing swept under the rug when your mother is Governor?

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 10, 2008 10:34AM

OMG Wrote:
>>> Did you do everything your parents expected of you as a teenager? If not, were they hypocrites?

My parents never appeared live on television to tell people about "family values", nor did they run for a national office flaunting christian morality as one of their selling points. So to answer your qestions; yes, I did some stupid and dangerous things when I was a teenager, and no, my parents weren't hypocrites.

Posted by: 12C4C1 ()
Date: September 10, 2008 04:38PM

If Gov. Palin would lie about so many things and attempt to cover them up, could you trust her as your vice president and, likely, president?

And let's stop calling her son a "hero" because he has political influence to stay out of jail and join the Army. And let's stop making the wayward daughter a martyr to young girls giving birth to bastards.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: September 10, 2008 05:33PM

OMG Wrote:
> TheMeeper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It has nothing to do with him running for
> > president, and everything to do with his mother
> > being a hypocritical purveyor of "american
> > family-values".
>
>
> So, if she stood for teenage drug use, it would be
> OK? Did you do everything your parents expected
> of you as a teenager? If not, were they
> hypocrites? Look we all set standards for our own
> lives and that of our children. Many times we
> fail to live up to our own standards, and many
> times children fail to live up to their parents'
> standards. Failure to live up to those standards
> is not an excuse to throw them out the window.
>
>
> What I find interesting in this whole debate is
> the innuendo that Track joined the military to
> avoid jail time. I have yet to see any factual
> assertions that indicate the claim is true, but
> even if it was, I say so what? In my mind, if he
> joined the military instead of going to jail it
> shows that he is at least accepting responsibility
> for his misdeeds. How easy would it have been to
> have the whole thing swept under the rug when your
> mother is Governor?

First, you MORON (Alias), Sarah has admitted her own drug use in newspaper articles - or do you nor read the newspapers?

Second, When the Hammities, Limbaughs, nd the rest made a big deal about Michelle Obama's so called proud American comment, we are allowed to bring up Palin's daughter pregnancy and her son's drug use, her tax evasion (coming), etc.

Just think - if Hillary had 1/10th the issues Sarah has, conservatives would be crying bloody murder. "would be" oh sorry they did.

Date: September 11, 2008 11:40AM

Radiophile Wrote:
> First, you MORON (Alias), Sarah has admitted her
> own drug use in newspaper articles - or do you nor
> read the newspapers?

First, I am NOT Alias, thus leaving the title of MORON to you. You seem to have an obsession with this though. I mean, seriously, when you have normal human to human interactions and you find someone that disagrees with you, do you call them Alias? I suppose this assumes normal human to human contact and not the conversations you have with the radio.

I am aware that Gov. Palin has admitted to her marijuana use, and it goes to further the point that she is hardly "a hypocritical purveyor of 'american family-values.'" It simply demonstrates that people make poor decisions. I believe her "family values" are that when issues arise with her family members, they will handle them together as a family. Hardly a novel concept. It allows for poor judgements to be made and consequences to be managed. I do not believe that she has held up her family as the model American family. Rather, I think that she is simply expressing pride in her family. You can say she has no right to be proud of her family, but then it is really you who is casting judgement upon her. American families can be proud of themselves despite mistakes and misdeeds. It is how you come out after those lapses in judgement that define a family bond. It is easy to have a strong family when everyone is perfect, it is far more difficult to have a strong bond when things get rough.

> Second, When the Hammities, Limbaughs, nd the rest
> made a big deal about Michelle Obama's so called
> proud American comment, we are allowed to bring up
> Palin's daughter pregnancy and her son's drug use,
> her tax evasion (coming), etc.

You are allowed to bring up whatever you want, it is called the First Amendment. So, you don't really need to use the excuse that Michelle Obama's lack of pride in her nation as a younger woman was brought to light by conservative pundits.

> Just think - if Hillary had 1/10th the issues
> Sarah has, conservatives would be crying bloody
> murder. "would be" oh sorry they did.

Hypocracy is alive and well on both sides of the spectrum, I am certain a man of such great intellectual prowess as yourself realizes that.

On a final note, I want you to remember one thing - late at night, when you are playing with her knobs and making her produce noises that please you, you can put lipstick on a radio, but it is still a radio.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: September 11, 2008 12:54PM

Was she taking pride in Bristol when Mom kicked her out of the house?

Date: September 11, 2008 01:22PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
> Was she taking pride in Bristol when Mom kicked
> her out of the house?

That occurred in the past, so, as a man of logic, you must certainly know that it is impossible to know without having witnessed the events. Kicked her out of the house? Do we know this to be true? We know that she left town? Logically speaking, does this mean she was kicked out of the house? Can you make that leap, logically, can you? Further, I never inferred she was proud at that moment. I inferred that she is currently proud, or at least proud at the time of her discussing her family publicly. You are setting up a red herring by not direclty responding to my original statements.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: September 11, 2008 02:00PM

Yes, it has been recently reported in the papers that a few months ago Sarah kicked Bristol out of the house when Bristol told Mom about the pregnancy.

Bristol had been sent away to live with relatives at least twice before.

Date: September 11, 2008 02:12PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
> Yes, it has been recently reported in the papers
> that a few months ago Sarah kicked Bristol out of
> the house when Bristol told Mom about the
> pregnancy.
>
> Bristol had been sent away to live with relatives
> at least twice before.

You have unnamed and anonymous sources making claims that may or may not be true. (Don't you hate anonymous posters btw?) A neighbor can conjecture anything for the right amount of money. As I said before, we know she left, beyond that, it is conjecture. Was there a big blow up in town square where Gov. Palin told Bristol to leave? For a man who fancies himself a master logician, you are putting a great deal of stock in anonymous paid sources. The fact is, you have no proof the decision to move was hostile in any way. In HS I knew a girl that went to go live with her grandparents while she was pregnant. Not because she was kicked out, but it was her choice to get away.

Posted by: www.gop-are-squares.com ()
Date: September 11, 2008 02:34PM

FUNdamental is correct; more than one news source have confirmed these incidents. Please try www.google.com for more info.

Besides, for a man that uses the word "fancies" in a sentence, must clearly drink TAB with a pinkie that is so erect, it becomes a beacon for others with similar tastes.

Date: September 11, 2008 03:11PM

www.gop-are-squares.com Wrote:
> FUNdamental is correct; more than one news source
> have confirmed these incidents. Please try
> www.google.com for more info.

Actually, all that has been confirmed is that Bristol lived with her aunt. There is no mention of her being "kicked out." I realize that you prefer the more salacious version espoused by paid anonymous sources, but that is far from confirmed by most journalistic standards.

> Besides, for a man that uses the word "fancies" in
> a sentence, must clearly drink TAB with a pinkie
> that is so erect, it becomes a beacon for others
> with similar tastes.

I see your meds wore off a bit early today or you skipped taking them all-together. You do, however, provide me with comic relief in the afternoons. You ARE here to amuse me, clown.

Posted by: rofl ()
Date: September 11, 2008 03:51PM

www.gop-are-squares.com Wrote:
> FUNdamental is correct; more than one news source
> have confirmed these incidents. Please try
> www.google.com for more info.
>
> Besides, for a man that uses the word "fancies" in
> a sentence, must clearly drink TAB with a pinkie
> that is so erect, it becomes a beacon for others
> with similar tastes.

ROFL @ fancies & erct pinkie! That was awesome

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.