HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pro, or anti-technology
Posted by: PPT ()
Date: December 17, 2007 09:58PM

Y'know i am sitting here browsing through my 250+ channels and surfing the net and it really hit me how dependable we have become to technology. I mean technology is like ruling our lives and we are starting to be miserable without it. Would you honestly know what to do if all those things were taken away from you and you had to live without them? I was staying up with my cousins that live up in Ashburn for a week last summer and i was surprised at how parents don't encourage their children to play outside on a beautiful days but let them spend playing video games, surfing and chatting away on the phone? WTF is this?
I was at the Shoppers in Fairfax City tonight and there is like 7 self.check outs stations where you scan your own grocery. WTF happened to human interactions? I am noticing this more when i call up places and i have to listen to some stupid recording before i can talk to a real person. Yo this is crazy. Cars are another thing where we are giving up more of our control to computers. I never use no fucking GPS or any of that stuff. I know how to read a map, and you shouldn't be driving if you need some kind of technology to help you drive. Fuck that. I honestly think all this is just a government conspiracy to like get us all to use computers where they can monitor us and control us. the more technologically advanced we become, the more we are loosing our liberties and our freedom. Yo look at the shit police are using, why the fuck do they need to keep my arrest records for some shit i did 10yrs ago? and then making it available to other places other than where i did it? Yo surveillance state is upon us people, and technology ya'll think is our friend is actually our enemy. Peace ya'll. I will be posting my rantings here more often about society and other things.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pro, or anti-technology
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: December 18, 2007 02:44AM

get a blog, you retard. people are only as dependent on technology as they want to be.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.