HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Factcheck.org Reference re Palin Posts Here
Posted by: conVince ()
Date: September 09, 2008 08:55AM

FactCheck.org reports via Newsweek on the smear campaign assigned to posters like Vince and FUNdamental. When they post stuff that isn't supported with facts from credible news sources, you can reference this article and those like it.

Remember that people like Vince and FUNdamental are not interested in an educated electorate... they are cut from the cloth that is in favor of repeating things enough times to try to get people to believe them, such as "If the glove don't fit you must aquit!" and that kind of thing.

Certainly vote against McCain/Palin if you have policy differences with them as is your right and duty! But take everything the Vince/FUNdamental arms of the smear campaign post here for what it is.

During the primaries the Clinton campaign flooded our forums with anti-Obama smears such as the pics of him in the African garb, calling him a muslim, etc. It appears the Clinton operatives who orchestrated that are now working for Obama to take down Palin.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157986

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Factcheck.org Reference re Palin Posts Here
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 09, 2008 09:17AM

Dumbass Wrote:
>> not interested in an educated electorate

Nothing says "educated" like preaching abstinence when your teen daughter is pregnant, or saying things like Iraq is a "task from God".

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: September 09, 2008 09:47AM

The issues I bought up were questioning on how to get books banned in the public library-which she did and it was a stupid question, firing of the police chief-which she did, supporting creationism to be presented in public schools science class-which it shouldn't be, her strong opposition to real sex education in public schools, and her hating her daughter.

These all show her character and decision making personal stipulations.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: September 12, 2008 09:26AM

conVince Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Remember that people like Vince and FUNdamental
> are not interested in an educated electorate...

Another anonymous post by an "alias" here meant to stir things up and insult people who stand up for their beliefs and are not affraid to be held accountable for their words.

And there IS a difference between an educated electorate and the people who watch the Reba show. I doubt Fun or Vince watch Reba - but I am sure the OP is a big fan.

Posted by: Unregistered Poster ()
Date: September 12, 2008 10:06AM

Radiophile Wrote:
> conVince Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> > Remember that people like Vince and FUNdamental
> > are not interested in an educated electorate...
>
>
> Another anonymous post by an "alias" here meant to
> stir things up and insult people who stand up for
> their beliefs and are not affraid to be held
> accountable for their words.
>
> And there IS a difference between an educated
> electorate and the people who watch the Reba show.
> I doubt Fun or Vince watch Reba - but I am sure
> the OP is a big fan.

Radiophile, please, you are one of the kings of personal attacks on people who disagree with you. You claim they are less intelligent than fifth graders, you mistakingly call them Alias. I do not claim innocence in this forum, as I have often responded in kind. I am not a "registered user," so what? The rules of the forum allow for it. I used to post under fairly consistent, albeit unregistered, names until they were hijacked by others to feign homosexuality or pederasty.

While you may be a "registered user," you are hardly accountable for your words. Your anonymity is protected by a screen name, not your true identity. Because that is the case, you can and do post personally insulting charges against people. Would you do this in face to face discussions with people? Probably not, and not because you would be afraid (maybe you would be afraid, I don't know), but because it is impolite to personally go after people that have legitimate policy and value differences than you do.

Date: September 12, 2008 10:18AM

Unregistered Poster Wrote:
>>> While you may be a "registered user," you are
> hardly accountable for your words.

Dipshit- the reason it is stupid for you to keep changing your name is because it only leads us to believe that you contradict yourself. And by constantly changing your name, you can avoid being made a fool of for your incorrect and contradictory opinions.

So quit your fucking bitching about Radiophile and this "anonymity" nonsense. At least all of his comments can be attributed to him, unlike you, who has some sort of problem making a coherent argument without hiding behind multiple names.

Posted by: Unregistered Poster ()
Date: September 12, 2008 10:28AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> Unregistered Poster Wrote:
> >>> While you may be a "registered user," you are
> > hardly accountable for your words.
>
>
> Dipshit- the reason it is stupid for you to keep
> changing your name is because it only leads us to
> believe that you contradict yourself. And by
> constantly changing your name, you can avoid being
> made a fool of for your incorrect and
> contradictory opinions.

I'll ignore the dipshit comment. But, the rest of your statement doesn't even make sense. There is no factual basis to assume that by chaning names, it leads one to believe it produces contradictory statements. By in large (unless used mockingly by another) the name stays the same in each thread. Others have claimed to follow the same practice. Opinions are not facts and as such cannot be "incorrect" until something proves them false. Besides, lack of a registered name has never prevented others from attacking opinions.

> So quit your fucking bitching about Radiophile and
> this "anonymity" nonsense. At least all of his
> comments can be attributed to him, unlike you, who
> has some sort of problem making a coherent
> argument without hiding behind multiple names.

I feel sorry that you think Radiophile's arguments are coherent. If anything, they are poorly reasoned and appeal only to emotion.

Date: September 12, 2008 10:36AM

Attachments:
boxaids.jpg

Posted by: Unregistered poster ()
Date: September 12, 2008 10:37AM

Meeper,
very reasoned and thought out response.

Date: September 12, 2008 10:57AM

I'm just busy and think you're an idiot

Unregistered poster Wrote:
> Meeper,
> very reasoned and thought out response.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.