HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Bustling Pan Am Shopping Foddie Vienna Metro__Summer Evening
Posted by: waldenthreenet ()
Date: May 22, 2013 09:29PM

Topic: A "Small Group" Virtual Teaming Follow Up Week Day Summer Event
Tech Innovators & Inventors and creative music people as target group
Small Group Even Waterning Hole Event at Pan Am Shopping Mall
Near Vienna Metro Station

Conversation: I went to Micro Center at the the Pan Am Shopping Malll to see if they
had any "packaged' Soft Phone software that was readily available that I could use for the "Soft Phone" application. The best they had is this VOIP service from Vonnage advertsing at $10/Mo.

Well this is not what I need. To use VOIP service with monthly fee, you need to have a internet service already such as Verizon. Cox or Comcast via a fiber optics cable bundle service or I think some of these VOIP will also work with a Cell Phone type internet access perhaps as well.

In any case, what I am looking for is not available right now so far . But it's fun to know what's out there in the marketplace.

at 8:00 PM, Pan Am Shopping Center was bustling. There is still not fully dark yet.
And the breeze is gently blowing today so the outdoor tables are all seem to be taken
at the two sets of cafes between the Safeway and Micro Center.

Particularly around Glory Day Grill, where the music was playing loud, and multiple wall TV were going full blast while people
congregated around a mug of beer and foddie both indoor and also the outdoor.

People seem to be talking but not sure how anyone could be listening with the music so loud which seem to be be fine for those who are there.

For our small group event, say 5 to 10 qualified and interest people who lives near the Pan Am Shopping mall or can get to the place perhaps via the Vienna Metro Stop easy enough,
it's a great place to meet in the evening.

My choice for an week day evening get together for B2B (business to business) type event would be at the Bangkok St. Cafe Restaurant.

There are actually 3 Asian type restaurant in the same cluster so one can choose foodie
from any of the three affordable cafe restaurants and sit outside and share one or two tables as we like with 4 or 5 chairs to each table.

Anyone go to Pan Am Shopping Center Cafes on weekday evenings during summer ?

about Me Cafe Twin

LinkedIn New group:

Community Vitality Boosters By Café Twin
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Community-Vitality-Boosters-Caf%C3%A9-Twin-4797118?trk=myg_ugrp_ovr
Attachments:
BOB MP  NOVA PUB  LiveMusicEntertainmnt_12.gif
LATINO tex-mex-food-delivery.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bustling Pan Am Shopping Foddie Vienna Metro__Summer Evening
Posted by: woof ()
Date: May 22, 2013 09:43PM

Attachments:
35103187.jpg

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: May 22, 2013 09:43PM

Bangkok St rocks!
I go there often because always seem to get my order right.

Never been to Glory Hole.

Posted by: Derek Mohler ()
Date: May 22, 2013 10:42PM

Come to Glory Daze Grill at the Pan Am Shopping Center.

I work there now!

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 23, 2013 12:10AM

waldenthreenet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Tech Innovators & Inventors and creative music
> people as target group

Sounds like a terroristic threat.

Posted by: Dagone Webster ()
Date: May 23, 2013 01:12AM

Hmm, maybe if I read every other word...nope...every third word....NO, IT'S STILL UNREADABLE!

And what the hell is a "foddie?"

Date: May 23, 2013 06:57AM

Update: Cafe Twin Music (and Science)

Conversation: As preluded to our small group events at Pan Am "twin anchor" between Micro Center and Safeway, we will alternate our pre-event conversations between Music and Technology Development topics.

Now it's music, specifically the two rootes of Jazz Music in American and Europe. My own heritage music is tied to European Jazz rooted in Gypsie Music of Europe.

It's Memorial Day 2013 at our door steps now. It's a time to remember the Gypsies of Europe through their music and dance.

Anyone love Jazz music ?

About Me __At Washington DC Jazz Network (Cafe Twin)

http://washingtondcjazznetwork.ning.com/profile/AviDey

Cafe Twin LinkedIn New group:
Café Twin Show & Friends

REF URL:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Caf%C3%A9-Twin-Show-Friends-5018276?home=&gid=5018276&trk=anet_ug_hm
Attachments:
KNOW ROMA MUSIC AND CULTURE 0303.jpg
KNOW ROMA MUSIC AND CULTURE 0318.jpg

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: May 23, 2013 07:48AM

Update: Bandicoot Twin Music (and Rickshaws)

Conversation: As preluded to our small group events at Pun Jabi "twin Bandicoot" between Calcutta and New Dehli, we will alternate our pre-event conversations between Bandicoot Music and Rickshaw Development topics.

Now it's Bandicoot music, specifically the two rootes of Punjabi Music in Pakistan and Bangeledesh. My own heritage music is tied to snake chariming flutes rooted in Sitar Music of Ravi Shankar.

It's Bandicoot Day 2013 at our door steps now. It's a time to remember the Rickshaw Drivers through their music and dance.

Anyone love Jizz ?

Me! __At Washington DC Jizz Network (Bandicoot Twin)

http://washingtondcjizznetwork.ning.com/profile/AviGey

Bandicoot Twin LinkedIn New group:
Bandicoot Twin blow your Friends
Attachments:
singh1353523940_all-i-want-to-do-is-shake-my-turban-2049.jpg
ar_bandi02k.jpg
images badicoot child.jpg

Posted by: Meet me at the cashbar ()
Date: May 23, 2013 09:50AM

Avigey....I LOL'd

Posted by: cafetwinv ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:51AM

Topic: Who Owns the Future by Jaron Lanier
( A provocative & challanging new tech biz book)

A Business Book I just Found (A Discussion on Smithsonian Magazine, January, 2013, Page 24-26, can check out this issue from Fairfax Public Library) Important to Read and Discuss As Prelude to Tech Innovators Cafe Twin Events.

The Fate of Power and the Future of Dignity by Jaron Lanier. One of the original thinkers around virtual reality, Lanier caused a stir with his last book, You Are Not A Gadget.

I just put a hold on Who Owns The Future and How The Internet is Changing Our Thinking. These are the two latest books by Jaron Lanier, a well known multi-media expert and tech biz innovator.

Anyone know or have read Lanier ? I ran into this Smithsonian Magazine article quite by accident today and saw synergy and valuable wisdom that's worth discussing as we go with Cafe Twin Show & Friends community vitality outreach at Fairfax NOVA hub.

Cafe Twin

NOTE: Sooner or later everyone who hides behind secreacy and makes unjustified and unproven accuastions will be known to all of us in the community. Who they are, their family history and background for us all to know. This is an important message from Jaron Lanier that requires implementation in every community seeking vitality via music and science.
Attachments:
Who Owns The Future -Jaron_lanier.jpg

Date: May 23, 2013 01:19PM

Nice threat Avi.

Please go to hell.

Posted by: Glad I'm not you ()
Date: May 23, 2013 01:20PM

Damn, BEH, now you're done it...you're gonna have a obese pan-flute playing dude haunting your every step!

Date: May 23, 2013 01:27PM

Avi has a lot of nerve.

First of all, he makes posts here no one can understand.

Then he asks for donations for God knows what.

Not ONE person from this site has EVER attended any of Avi's vital discussions.

I'll tell you what Avi...if ONE other familiar registered poster here finds your posts useful I will NEVER comment on them again.

Just ONE Avi, just ONE.

Date: May 23, 2013 03:07PM

Re: Bustling Pan Am Shopping Foddie Vienna Metro__Summer Evening new
Date: May 23, 2013 01:27PM

Topic: Fate of BEH, A Fake Music Band Leader in Fairfax

BEH COmment: First of all, he makes posts here no one can understand.

BEH is as usual thinks he represents more than himself and that his capacity to understand issues relating to community vitality via arts and science is same as his.

More Conversation: Truth is I have over 5000 Facebook Friends, many musicians from all over the nation, some of them I know personally due to my many years of unpaid community service activity in my previous career in the financial service industry. So, I know what I am doing and there is evidence I can provide at court.

But take BEH, know one knows who he is. He has a fictitious band he is promoting with a fictioius name. It is obvious he doesn't know the law of the land where he lives.

Music Bands are considered business in America or they must have a duly registered non-profit, 501-c-3 status. BEH has neither. His business does not have a Federal ID no as required. He has not registered his business with Fairfax County as he is required to do before he promotes his business in Fairfax County.

Moral of the Story: Someone sooner or later will find out who he is an report him to the athorities. He will then be visited at home by the County Sheiff Office to deliver a court appears on a specific date.

Well, BEH doesn't care about the law, he doesn't care about anyone else, just his little world. So, when he doesn't appear in court on the due date, a judgement will be recorded against him and his credit report.

He will never be able to borrow money again until he clears the complicated process it is to clear his credit report.

Oh, I know what BEH will do then as it is likely inevitable as he will continue ignore wisdom and knowledge.

He will leave Virginia and may be even USA and find another country to live.
But he has no money to do that in confort.

What does he do then ?

Wow ! No both can know now. It's may be two years away from now.

Oh, he will not understand this message by the way and continue his merry way of posting untrue accusations and promote is fake music band as is duly recorded at Fairfax Underground Forums of past several years.

Cafe Twin
Attachments:
Judge 01.jpg

Date: May 23, 2013 03:14PM

LOL!

Date: May 23, 2013 03:15PM

I'm still waiting for one supporter of Avi.

Fake band? LOL!

Posted by: Ghandi seeks Peace ()
Date: May 23, 2013 03:41PM

BEH, you have loosened the wrath of Avi! He is worse than Shiva when aroused!

You will be lower than an untouchable. You will leave Virginia and may be even USA and find another country (but where? Who will take you) to live.

And you has no money to do that in confort.

What does you doing then, you insulting rogue?

As we say in my country, "See you, I would hate to sharing this life-cycle of kharma with you.

A prompt (and generous) donation may ease the discomfort and anger that Avi feels. Paypal is acceptable.

Date: May 24, 2013 07:36AM

What happened to the community bridge? Did I just get thrown off it?

Posted by: Kim ()
Date: May 24, 2013 09:54AM

AIEEE! This is not a matter of laughing humor!

You have offended the synergy and wisdom of Avi, a wise and generous man who is normal slow to take angery!

Did you not observe the cut and pasting of a judge photo with a hammering? Do you not know what you have done...you have been declared a fake band leader...the lower caste of them all! Even lower than dog feces sculptor Untouchables will walk up to you and push you in the chest because they can do so.

If you were to appear on Shopping Foddie Vienna Metro show and make amend public, this all may be avoid. It is you choice!

Posted by: localboob ()
Date: May 24, 2013 11:32AM

dang, when's BEH's due date?

i hope this is all avoid.

Posted by: Libbys Ole ()
Date: May 24, 2013 11:37AM

Derek Mohler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Come to Glory Daze Grill at the Pan Am Shopping
> Center.
>
> I work there now!

Cum to the Glory Hole Grill at the Pan Am Shopping Center.

He's working there too.

Date: May 24, 2013 02:48PM

Update: It's Memorial Day 2013++,

Let us follow up and gather soon among innovators and inventors as "Force4Good" and help bring vitality to our community here in Fairfax
county via bridge to arts and science.

It's not difficulty. Doing something techi stuff such as wireless mobil device
that helps a person with a medical affliction or a handicapp is really very worthwhile and satisfying.

But you gotta have knowledge and some talent on building things or software or some other skills that you know you have or want to develop and rest of us don't know yet.

That's why we like to meet at Bustling Pan Am Shopping Foodies to eat or drink and talk.

But ground rule 01 : Can't hide behind unkown ID, you gotta introduce youself somehow so we know who you are and what you aspire in life if already known.

Yea, its Memorial Day 2013++, it's a day to be somber and there is no such a thing as "Happy Memorial Day" as I just saw the advertisment on a leading newspaper today .
Attachments:
MEMORIAL DAY SPIRIT 0302.jpg

Date: May 24, 2013 02:57PM

Avi, let me know when you're meeting at the Pan Am.

I live right by there.

I would love to meet you!

Posted by: yolo ()
Date: May 24, 2013 03:21PM

you couldnt pay me to meet the freak from FFXU

Date: May 24, 2013 04:54PM

TO: yolo

Can you identify yourself or we are requesting not to post in this discussion as you are likely unqualified to participate in this group.

There are rules and procedures before you can attend our event.

In fact, I just did a search on "yolo" and there is no other post for this id at Fairfax Underground in the last 90 days.

Are you same person as the previous post today ?

If you don't want to say, we will surely find out if abuse continues.

Posted by: A Friendly warning ()
Date: May 24, 2013 04:57PM

Don't go there, BEH, it's a setup! Word on the street is that a Thugee hit team is going to be waiting for you.

They'll be easy to spot, though, as they're carrying scimitars and they're wearing turbans with bandicoot mascots riding atop them.

Make no mistake though, these are stone cold killers...the thugees, not the bandicoots, although bandicoots can be pretty badass too

Date: May 24, 2013 04:58PM

Re: Bustling Pan Am Shopping Foddie Vienna Metro__Summer Evening Posted by: BEH ()
Date: May 24, 2013 02:57PM

The rule we have established is that your identity must be made known to everyone and so far you have refused.

If you are continuing the post as more than one person with a new identify everytime, this abuse will soon be revealed as necessary.

You are right now a high risk individual not qualified or safe to meet anyone in our group at LinkedIn.Com.

But if you are serious, give us your LinkedIn.Com identify, and so everyone knows who you are and what you aspire to do.

Cafe Twin

Posted by: localboob ()
Date: May 24, 2013 04:59PM

lol@ cafetwin/ waldenthreenet's dislike for multiple internet identities

Posted by: Vengence ()
Date: May 25, 2013 02:18PM

Did BEH go to the meetup? Is he deaded?

Posted by: Vengence is Mine ()
Date: May 25, 2013 04:06PM

NO, BEH survived the Pan Ambush. His best friend got killed by one of Avi's Assassins in the shootout, though, and BEH has sworn vengeance.

Word is that Avi has fled to the Paki Festival at Bull Run Park, hoping to hide in plain sight among thousands of other bandicoots, but BEH won't let that stop him. His justice will be cruel and merciless. And swift. And painful.

Dead bandicoot walking...

Date: May 25, 2013 04:43PM

Re: Bustling Pan Am Shopping Foddie Vienna Metro__Summer Evening new
Posted by: Vengence is Mine ()

Vengence does not make make you loved more by yourself, your family, your community or your country.

BEH needs wisdom of peace and celebrate life, and go with legal justice agaist evil.

Here is step 01 of 03 Steps__Appreciate humor and learn legal justice white or brown.

Utuble Ref URL:

Russel Peters , An ethnic Indian Comedian from Canada
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=setLfUYi8cc
Attachments:
russell-peters 02.jpg

Date: May 25, 2013 05:09PM

If no one has figured out by now, cafetwinv is a parody of waldenthreenet. He isn't even trying anymore to emulate Avi Dey's strange manner of speaking.

Date: May 28, 2013 06:00PM

Bustling Pan Am Shopping Foddie Vienna Metro__Summer Evening Posted by: cafetwinv ()
Date: May 25, 2013 04:43PM

Update: The Mozaic__Merrifield Redevelopment Update Request & Bustling Pan Am Shopping Foodie Vienna Metro

I just found out some new info on the Merrifield Redevelopment Plan where the phase 1 is now complete with the fancy retail add-ons anchored with the new Target Store and other fancy retail places.

The townhouses and Condo's going for $600,000 are not for most of us poor folks obviously who knew that neighborhood few years ago when the multiplex went out of business and at Fairfax Public Acess Community TV Station (Channel 10) still located where it was before but the neighborhood is totally changed of course as a highly intensive ritzy redevelopment called "Mozaic".

I was doing a search just today to see what is in store for the next phase of development for "Mozaic" and I ran into the NY Times article dated in fall of 2012 titled "A Suburban Wasteland in Virginia Gets a Modern Urban Feel".

If anyone wish to read this article as a valuable background, just google that topic and it will pop right up. It features a chat with our Congressman Connolly that is intersting and valuable as we go forward to understand the next phase of "Mozaic" at Merrifiled Redevelopment .

Here are my top 2 questions as what happens at Merrifield has a direct bearing at Bustling Pan Am, where us poorfolks, Friends Producers and used to congregate after we produced our TV Show at FPA TV Station often, sometimes at McDonalds, Pizza Hut, and sometimes at the Pan Cake House at the corner of Pickett Rd and Lee Hwy.

The Merrifield Redevelopment based on this NY Time articles is being done by a developer from South Carolina named Edens.

Here is a brief summary from this NY Times Article:
Summary: The company behind the latest stage in Merrifield’s evolution is Edens, a private retail developer based in Columbia, S.C., that owns more than 130 shopping centers. “This was the right project, in the right place, at the right time, by the right developer,” said Barbara Byron, director of Fairfax County’s Office of Community Revitalization. “The vision that they presented was exactly what the county was looking for as the Merrifield Town Center.”

Follow Up Questions that needs to be discussed yet going forward to 2013:

(01) Is there a plan to include "poor folks" at Merifield Revitalization to make it mixed_income with presence for rich and poor ?

(02) What happended to the plan for 1 Acre Park as part of Mozaic ?

(03) What other greenspace is possible at this "Mozaic" . Can it include a "Healing Garden" twin location nearby perhaps since it's so near the INOVA Fairfax Hospital ?

Anyone else is interested in what happens at Merrifield Redevelopment Mozaic in Phase II, beyond the $600,000 Condors and TH and Ritzy Retail and Cafes that us poor folks can't afford to mingle there now, but we can still meet at the Bustling Pan Am Shopping Mall.

Cafe Twin
Attachments:
MERRFIELD Blacks_Retail_Rendering_Mosaic_District_500_pix.jpg
MERRIFIELD BR TH.bmp

Date: May 28, 2013 08:39PM

cafetwin, your impersonation of walden is wearing off. Completely different writing style and use of graphics.

Posted by: Mongo ()
Date: May 30, 2013 11:38PM

Attachments:
4746.jpg

Date: June 04, 2013 11:51AM

Previous Commment:

Re: Bustling Pan Am Shopping Foddie Vienna Metro__Summer Evening Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 28, 2013 08:39PM

cafetwin, your impersonation of walden is wearing off. Completely different writing style and use of graphics.

Conversation: We have been discussing on "music band" creative stuff. If anyone is interested in developing their creative talents in music or another arts related field as an individual or as a small group such as a music band (ethnic voices such as Punjabi, Gypsie, or Tamil most welcome ! , consider attending the next free "Grant Writing Training Sesson" to understand how to get some funds, be it for a small amount such as $5K--$10 K to cover necessary expenses as a healthy meal for the crew, and other necessary expenses of putting together a music band or another artistic talent relating to a culture as existing here in Fairfax, VA

The next "free" grant writing training is likely to be later this month, June or next month July, offered by following Fairfax, VA agency. I have registered to be on their mailing list so that when the next training is schedled I will get the announcement . Hope you will also on behalf yourself, your family and/or your community, Punjabi, Gypsie, Tamil__ Others all welcome !

ATT: Grants Research and Training Center (GRTC)
Fairfax County, VA

As a cooperating collection of the Foundation Center, the GRTC is a community resource for nonprofit organizations, students, artists, and other individuals seeking foundation grant opportunities.

REF URL: http://www.fairfaxcountypartnerships.org/resources/grants.html
Attachments:
LS V WORKFORCE TRAINING  2012-29-02-Your-Center-of-Learning-workforce-training-class.jpg

Posted by: Meade! ()
Date: June 04, 2013 02:40PM

Punjabi, Gypsie, Tamil__ Others all welcome !

I LOVE Punjabi, Gypsie(?) and Tamil music!

Date: June 04, 2013 02:57PM

Bring your own Turban, please keep your bandicoot leashed.

Posted by: Sonny Bonehead ()
Date: June 04, 2013 04:43PM

Gypsies, Punjabis, and Tamils
We'd hear it from the people of the town
They'd call us Gypsies, Punjabis, and Tamils
But every night, Avi would try to get some fools to lay their money down

Could Meade do keyboard on this? Is he busy right now?

Date: June 05, 2013 03:21AM

All those Gypsies, Punjabis, and Tamilsine in one room, something will go wrong.

At best, the entire Community Bridge will smell of filthy turbans and the farts of exotic spices.

Date: June 16, 2013 12:15PM

New Related Topic:
Ted Talk Fairfax 2014 Plus__ A Proposal For Educational Community Event

This proposed seeks support from at least some members of each of the 16 Chamber of Commerce Organizations existing in Fairfax County, VA as well as Economic Development Agency of Fairfax County as "anchor" to enable and bring this event to Fairfax County VA with our community support for the first time.

This special event with a theme toward strengthening the knowledge economy infrastructure has valuable benefit toward adding community vitality that can strengthen the knowledge economy support infrastructure for small business located at and near Annandale.

Here is additional details:

Introduciton: Self Help & Mutual Help Innovation Support Culture Proposal Fairfax Metro DC Hub Outreach with Live Fairfax Metro DC Hub audience participation. Community support is required to enable this TED Talk event at a Fairfax location as proposed.

Previously held TED.ORG Talk Event Videos are available to the public at this California based non-profit, 501-c-3 organization’s website. These previous TED Talks were held in locations around the world in previous years with a number of them at locations within United States.

Purpose: To Strengthening Support Culture for Innovation and Tech Innovators Using The Existing TED TALK Event Model but at Fairfax Metro DC Hub.

Ted Talk Fairfax 2014 Plus A02

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJhlCfVBAaQ

A Public Service Announcment (PSA) on

Utube Video On "Unlisted channel" (Not Public)

11 :45 Minutes

A Community Advisory Board to support development of Ted Talk Fairfax 2014 is currently ongoing. Support conversation at our 2 new groups at LinkedIn.Com and also at Fairfaxunderground.com Community Forum

I hope some of you at least work for business or community organizations who are members of one or more of the 16 Chamber of Commerce whom I have requested support and endorsement for this proposed event, leading perhaps to a series of events such as the Cafe Twin Show on Commuinty TV that we have discussed earlier.

"Yea" or "Ney" to this proposal most welcome . Creative and thoughtful conversation most welcome to enable the next step forward with support and endorsement from Chamber of Commerce and as well from local govie agencies as necessary and value added.

There is a "short term" and there is a "long term" to enable this proposed community vitality topic.

Cafe Twin
Attachments:
TED talks-ed-cast.jpg

Date: June 16, 2013 12:16PM

Ted Talk Fairfax 2014 Plus A02 (Community Education Proposal__Cafe Twin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJhlCfVBAaQ

Date: June 16, 2013 12:26PM

The Asian bitch has on some hot boots.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.