HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
This is so scary on so many different levels
Posted by: people ()
Date: September 07, 2008 08:13PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: This is so scary on so many different levels
Posted by: ew ()
Date: September 07, 2008 10:58PM

ew

Posted by: minime ()
Date: September 07, 2008 11:43PM

He sorta looks like Dr. Evil if he'd shave his head.

DrEvil%20_orig.JPG

Date: September 08, 2008 12:10AM

I really, really can't fathom how people don't get this. About 80 percent of Americans think the country is on the wrong track and Bush only gets a 35 percent approval rating, yet they are seriously considering McCain/Palin - a campaign being run by members of the Bush team. Wake up, America! IT'S THE SAME PEOPLE! The RNC is a political machine! McCain/Palin will be Bush III with a more radical and unstable person as the VP than Cheney (how in God's name this happened, I have no idea).

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: September 08, 2008 10:31AM

True
Attachments:
07rich_190v.jpg

Posted by: mutha ()
Date: September 08, 2008 03:30PM

I'd vote for him.. If he gave me one millllllllllllllllyon dollars.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: September 08, 2008 03:41PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I really, really can't fathom how people don't get
> this. About 80 percent of Americans think the
> country is on the wrong track and Bush only gets a
> 35 percent approval rating, yet they are seriously
> considering McCain/Palin - a campaign being run by
> members of the Bush team. Wake up, America! IT'S
> THE SAME PEOPLE! The RNC is a political machine!
> McCain/Palin will be Bush III with a more radical
> and unstable person as the VP than Cheney (how in
> God's name this happened, I have no idea).

I guess it all comes down to who they think is taking us down the wrong track. Seeing as how Congress actually has a lower approval rating than Bush, it is entirely possible they are tired of fact that Congress can't pass anything that makes sense to anyone. Those are the folks that make Laws, and while Bush may have one issue regarding the war in Iraq, it seems that even the Democrats can't do what they promise, which is end the war, get rid of the Patriot Act, and raise taxes (ending the Bush tax cuts). Oh yeah, and lets not forget Nancy Pelosi stating emphatically that drilling offshore will make no difference in oil prices, and right after Bush lifts the ban on offshore drilling the Executive Branch has in place (plus a reduction in demand), oil prices fall over $30 a barrel...

I think you are going to find that since the Clintons were pushed aside for Obama/Biden, you are going to have an uphill fight. Can you imagine if he had picked Hillary as his running mate? You can see what would have happened if they had tried to attack her like the left has attacked Palin... Note that Hillary is not really doing too much of attacking Palin now either.

Posted by: yofool ()
Date: September 08, 2008 03:54PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> Note that Hillary is not really doing too much of
> attacking Palin now either.

That's because they don't want to kill the golden goose. There's a reason why the McCain campaign has prevented her from doing the tv circuit. She'd get slaughtered. You think the Dems want her to quit? Hell, they'd sign it into law if they could, to make sure she stays on the ticket. They're licking their chops til the debates. She's got some buzz I'll give you that. Other then that, this has got to be one of the most colossal blunders in modern time.

Date: September 08, 2008 03:58PM

The funny part is, all she has to do is come close, or hold her own in the Biden debate. No one expects her to beat Biden who has been a debater for most of his life. "Keep hope alive" is probably a good mantra right now for the Democrats who are hoping she will do so poorly in the debates they will finally "win". Good luck with that.

Posted by: Allie ()
Date: September 08, 2008 04:33PM

You know what we kids ....or at least my friends and I are saying...

If it was Biden/Obama against McCain/Palin, the Democrats might have a chance. We like Biden and are ok with Obama.....but, not for President yet.

So, I guess its too late now.

Just a kids perspective.

Date: September 08, 2008 05:06PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> The funny part is, all she has to do is come
> close, or hold her own in the Biden debate. No one
> expects her to beat Biden who has been a debater
> for most of his life. "Keep hope alive" is
> probably a good mantra right now for the Democrats
> who are hoping she will do so poorly in the
> debates they will finally "win". Good luck with
> that.

Yeah, that's all they're hoping for. LOL. Man, you rightys are sure gullible. My goodness man, this lady is unknown/unproven, and your top guys picks her for the number 2 slot? It may be she might hit a homer, but at 5% odds of that (and that's being generous), you and your friends are sure willing to be the farm on it. It really shows how desperate the GOP has become and, really worse, how McCain would run this country if elected. It's one big crap-shoot.

Date: September 08, 2008 05:16PM

yofool Wrote:
>
> Yeah, that's all they're hoping for. LOL. Man,
> you rightys are sure gullible. My goodness man,
> this lady is unknown/unproven, and your top guys
> picks her for the number 2 slot? It may be she
> might hit a homer, but at 5% odds of that (and
> that's being generous), you and your friends are
> sure willing to be the farm on it. It really
> shows how desperate the GOP has become and, really
> worse, how McCain would run this country if
> elected. It's one big crap-shoot.

Right, and Obama who is almost equally unknown, you guys pick for your 1st slot? Please. Talk about unvetted - you all are so beguiled by the media coverage you don't even know when you have been duped. Allie()'s post just before yours is the truth of it. I think Biden/Obama would win, I also think Obama/Hillary would have won.

Date: September 08, 2008 05:26PM

I love this argument. He ran his campaign for 18mo and bested everyone that competed. McCain vetted his pick for 15min. Hell, his boy Tucker Bounds didn't even know how to pronounce her name (PAH-LIN or PAY-LIN?).

I actually liked McCain before he started running. His inability to stand up to his party's fear and tear tactics during this campaign has been eye opening. Not to mention his slacker past... That POW get-out-of-jail-free card is about used up.

Date: September 08, 2008 05:37PM

BTW- Can the GOP find a candidate that actually did well in school and wasn't a party every night chasing tail candidate? Someone that wasn't given their position from a legacy family? Someone that actually earned their spot in life? I don't have a problem voting for someone that is educated and intelligent on either side of the fence. Being able to give a god damn speech w/o f****ing it up 75% of the time isn't too much to ask is it?

Date: September 08, 2008 05:48PM

BTW - did you dodge the part about Obama being vetted? Running a campaign for 18 months and having none of his past covered other than the good parts doesn't mean he is "ok". Even Hillary noted that during her campaign none of his background was known other than he was a "Community Organizer", an Illinois State Senator, and a less than 1 term Congressional Senator. I notice lately they have started this mantra on how he has run a campaign for all these months so obviously we know all about him.

Thus my links to all that we DON'T know about him. When the mainstream media starts doing the kind of investigative reporting on him that goes into his business deals with Rezko, the purchase of his house (documented on public tax records) and other affiliated material, then I will believe he is running for "good" reasons, and not just a photo model propped up by folks like Dick Durbin and the Chicago political machine to woo everyone into thinking he is the 2nd black President of the US (behind President Clinton).

If the requirements for the Presidency are the ability to give a great oratory and speech at the drop of the hat then I guess that kind of rules out having actual experience for the job hmm? While it would be nice to have someone that speaks clearly all the time in front of crowds, I think we do ourselves a serious disservice going down that road to determine who is qualified to lead.

Date: September 08, 2008 07:23PM

Registered Voter Wrote:
> BTW - did you dodge the part about Obama being
> vetted? Running a campaign for 18 months and
> having none of his past covered other than the
> good parts doesn't mean he is "ok". Even Hillary
> noted that during her campaign none of his
> background was known other than he was a
> "Community Organizer", an Illinois State Senator,
> and a less than 1 term Congressional Senator. I
> notice lately they have started this mantra on how
> he has run a campaign for all these months so
> obviously we know all about him.

Again, he competed with the best of the bunch and came out victorious. And it wasn't like it was a one day competition, it was every day for almost 2yrs. He was vetted by the voters and won. Accept it. GW was "well" experienced and has run this country into the ground. Whether you admit to it or not, many of your Republican patriots will.

>
> Thus my links to all that we DON'T know about him.
> When the mainstream media starts doing the kind of
> investigative reporting on him that goes into his
> business deals with Rezko, the purchase of his
> house (documented on public tax records) and other
> affiliated material, then I will believe he is
> running for "good" reasons, and not just a photo
> model propped up by folks like Dick Durbin and the
> Chicago political machine to woo everyone into
> thinking he is the 2nd black President of the US
> (behind President Clinton).

McCain: Keating Five, graduated 5th from the bottom of his class, pretty much drank through his college days (hmm.. that sounds familiar - GW), cheated repeatedly on his 1st wife after she waited for him during his imprisonment and after she lost her looks to a horrific car accident, married Cindy before his divorce was finalized (which he LIED about in his memoirs).. Do we really need to go on?

>
> If the requirements for the Presidency are the
> ability to give a great oratory and speech at the
> drop of the hat then I guess that kind of rules
> out having actual experience for the job hmm?
> While it would be nice to have someone that speaks
> clearly all the time in front of crowds, I think
> we do ourselves a serious disservice going down
> that road to determine who is qualified to lead.

Leaders need to be able to communicate effectively to the masses in order to mobilize them (remember Reagan?? the GREAT COMMUNICATOR??). Also, no one makes a decision by themselves. They'll hire the right folks and collaborate on the right answers. GW was too arrogant (and ignorant) to do either.

Posted by: spoof ()
Date: September 09, 2008 03:45AM

More Palin vetting...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/08/AR2008090803088.html

ANCHORAGE, Sept. 8 -- Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has billed taxpayers for 312 nights spent in her own home during her first 19 months in office, charging a "per diem" allowance intended to cover meals and incidental expenses while traveling on state business.

... Palin charged the state a per diem for working on Nov. 22, 2007 -- Thanksgiving Day. The reason given, according to the expense report, was the Great Alaska Shootout, an annual NCAA college basketball tournament held in Anchorage.

... One event was in New York City in October 2007, when Bristol accompanied the governor to Newsweek's third annual Women and Leadership Conference, toured the New York Stock Exchange and met local officials and business executives. The state paid for three nights in a $707-a-day hotel room. Garnero said the governor's office has the authority to approve hotel stays above $300.

... Asked Monday about the official policy on charging for children's travel expenses, Garnero said: "We cover the expenses of anyone who's conducting state business. I can't imagine kids could be doing that."

Posted by: spoof ()
Date: September 09, 2008 05:12AM

Details of McCain leaving his first wife: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1024927/The-wife-John-McCain-callously-left-behind.html

"Ted Sampley, who fought with US Special Forces in Vietnam and is now a leading campaigner for veterans’ rights, said: ‘I have been following John McCain’s career for nearly 20 years. I know him personally. There is something wrong with this guy and let me tell you what it is – deceit.

‘When he came home and saw that Carol was not the beauty he left behind, he started running around on her almost right away. Everybody around him knew it.

‘Eventually he met Cindy and she was young and beautiful and very wealthy. At that point McCain just dumped Carol for something he thought was better.

‘This is a guy who makes such a big deal about his character. He has no character. He is a fake. If there was any character in that first marriage, it all belonged to Carol.’ "

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.