HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Would you vote Republican if...
Posted by: TitoJackson ()
Date: September 04, 2008 12:02PM

I don't know about you guys, but I have always admired the small government ideas of the Republicans. What I hate though is how the wrap themselves in "family values", "small town America", and something bordering on an obnoxious faux-patriotism. It seems like half of everything they say is about their deep faith and how the other side is just a party of elitists. The truth is, everyone is power is an elitist. Something like 98 of the 100 senators are millionaires. It truly is a joke.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would you vote Republican if...
Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: September 04, 2008 12:18PM

Which is why Sarah Palin would be a better choice than any of them. Period.

I am sick of eliteists in DC and on TV trying to tell us how to think. What the Republicans did when they got into power was ridiculous - the spending like there is no tomorrow has got to stop. Just because tax revenues increased does not mean that spending has to increase more. And as much as Barrack is promising tax cuts, who is going to pay for them? Everyone. The prices will go up accordingly for goods if the companies that provide them have to pay more taxes. Also I am sorry, but how does Barrack go from wanting to roll back all of the Bush tax cuts (designed to get the economy out of a serious recession and then the effects of 9/11), to suddenly saying 95% of all Americans will be getting a tax cut???? How is that possible with all the new spending and bureaucracy he is planning to put in place? By cutting the military? There is a good plan now that Russia has money and resources and is planning to expand theirs - or how about China which has been expanding their military for the last 12 years (and stealing much of our technology during the Clinton years...)?

True, many of our political leaders have way too much money to be taken seriously anymore.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: September 04, 2008 12:29PM

I'm all for smaller, more efficient govt., and if it weren't for my undying hatred of those "conservative american values", I'd probably vote for Republicans a little more often. Call the Dems elitist all you want, IMO that crowd is way better than the stupid religious rednecks the GOP panders to.

Also, it's sort of funny nowadays to call the GOP the "party of small government"- it's been a fucking feeding frenzy for us contractors over the past 5-6 years.

Posted by: Registered Voter ()
Date: September 04, 2008 12:36PM

When I said eliteists in DC, I was not talking of any particular party.

Also the feeding frenzy for contractors has had a lot more to do with 9/11 and the focus on increased military and preparedness spending than much else. There has definitely been spending on military installations and upgrades, but in recent years that has slowed down a lot.

Posted by: UhMan ()
Date: September 04, 2008 12:54PM

Picking Palin is just pandering to the base and keeping that litmus test of "a small town good christian" still in the running

Posted by: McLeanBibleChurch ()
Date: September 04, 2008 12:56PM

I have a simple litmus test. If you don't believe in evolution, you are a moron and don't have the ability to lead this country.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.