HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Speeding Ticket in BFE
Posted by: Speedy ()
Date: September 03, 2008 12:09PM

I got caught speeding in Central VA over the weekend. I was going just over 80 mph in a 65 mph zone. I was not going 20 mph over the speed limit but got reckless driving because I was over 80. I have to go to court and was wondering if anyone has had a similar exp. Do you you think the judge will knock it down to speeding? Should I get a lawyer? My thought it since this is my first speeding ticket in 10 years that I will beg forgivness and hopefully the judge will show some mercy. Oh, it was early on a Saturday morning and there was almost no traffic. After I got pulled over only two cars passed while I was getting ticketed. Not that it will matter.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Speeding Ticket in BFE
Posted by: Been there, done that ()
Date: September 03, 2008 12:14PM

Just talk to the cop or CA the day of the hearing. Tell them that this is your first speeding ticket in 10 years and that you are willing to take a safe driving class if they will knock the charge down to simple speeding.

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.