HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Cuban Oil
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: August 19, 2008 11:38PM

I wonder if the great "maverick" running for president would support using Cuban oil to help reduce our price of oil? We all know that the Cuban community in Florida has both parties held hostage to a defunct and self destructive embargo policy. However, it is the Republikan party that holds the keys to Cuba. The day they tell the Floridian Cubans to stick their embargo up where the sun wont shine...the embargo will be lifted.

http://www.energyandcapital.com/articles/oil-in-cuba/623

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cuban Oil
Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: August 19, 2008 11:53PM

Wait a second I thought all you libtards say oil is a global commodity so as long as it's drilled it's on the market and the price goes down. As I've said in other posts the US is the ONLY country in the world that has significant un tapped oil and natural gas reserves and doesn't take advantage of them creating jobs and taxes for environmental reasons. All the while everywhere else on the globe struggles to meet larger demand and increases environmental footprints (prime example Canadian tar sands) the amount of water and natural gas an deforestation it takes to make oil from the sands doesn't seem to bother any environmentalists here in the slightest, as long as it is Canadian land and the oil is shipped south.

Regarding the embargo, I agree it is antiquated. The best way to change Cuba is to open our markets to them, particularly before the Russians convince them to rebase some of their forces there in response to US radar/missiles in Poland and the Czech Republic.

Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: August 20, 2008 07:43AM

Sarcasm is difficult to convey on here...my point being that all "pro-dependence on oil-ers" should indeed reconsider the Cuban embargo...a point not lost on you. I agree with all your points except its apparent emphesis on new oil production vice alternative fuels. Our independence from foreign powers will come from cutting our dependence on oil...foreign and domestic...not on increasing supplies of oil.

By the way...your refernce to our provocative foreign policy in former Soviet union satellites and possible reprecussions in our hemisphere is 100% correct.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2008 07:45AM by Vince(1).

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 20, 2008 12:44PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> my point being that all "pro-dependence on oil-ers"
> should indeed reconsider the Cuban embargo...

actually, there is a completely different reason that the embargo should be reconsidered, the changes made by Raul Castro. in case you didnt notice, he has radically changed how cuba operates. first, technology like personal computers and cell phones are no longer banned. second, the flat wage has been done away with for a capitalistic variable wage system. while you may not like this, your opinion is wrong.

personally, im hoping we can switch transit over to hydrogen fuel as unlike natural gas, biofuel and ethonol, there is an unlimited supply of hydrogen. also, instead of using oil fuel to extract the hydrogen, we could use other energy sources to generate that power. personally, i feel that hydro power is not being utilized. the hover dam generates a HUGE amount of power, so much so that they have an excess of it. if hydro power is used, you have both power and the water needed to create the hydrogen right there! we also have an obscene amount of coal and a single scientific breakthrough is the only thing keeping nuclear power from becoming a hundred times more efficient. btw, wind farms are REALLY expensive and generate a pathetic amount of power.

in conclusion, we should nuke the moon.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540
Attachments:
mooninites.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.