HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What Business are they in
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: August 12, 2008 07:25PM

Saw this today on one of the job boards. This group secializes in getting the right sales and marketing people for your company. So they are advertising for a sales and marketing person for themselves.

Stephen James Associates is chartered by the market's most prominent companies to help them identify and recruit the best sales and marketing executives the region has to offer. We are a highly passionate and entrepreneurial firm that puts a high value on hard work, initiative, relationship building, and an overall commitment to customer service delivery. We have a tremendous amount of momentum and name brand recognition, a rock solid and committed management team, and are dedicated to aggressively growing the business. We are one of three operating divisions under the Allegis Group, a $5 billion dollar staffing company founded in 1983 and the largest privately held firm in the world. Stephen James Associates is the newest operating arm of the Allegis Group and has opened 11 offices in the last two years with plans of reaching 50 total offices by 2015.

We have an immediate opportunity for a Business Development Manager/Recruiter in both our interim executive and permanent placement services in our Reston, VA market. This position will have the opportunity and advantage to leverage off our established temporary and permanent recruitment teams and related contacts, as well as our other sister companies (TEKsystems & Aerotek).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What Business are they in
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 12, 2008 08:06PM

Sounds like they need someone who can network their way into a big company or some big program so that they can build a new business base and open a new office. I was forced into dealing with one of these staffing firms a few years ago. This fuckin' guy somehow tracked me down every few months after that with some stupid, veiled, sales pitch. Once I was dumb enough to mention one of our HR recuriters' names- and this idiot started calling them, making me look like an asshole. These people are relentless. They're worse than used car salesmen.

Recruiting is a dirty business. I can't imagine earning a living like that.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: August 12, 2008 09:37PM

"So I don't duplicate my efforts what OTHER companies and positions have you applied for?". Then they go in and try to seel them.

It is all based on the Robert Half model: 20 points a week. 5 points for a placement. 5 Points for a meeting with a propsect. And 1 point for an interview with a someone looking for work.

The reason they bring you in is NOT to meet you and see what you are all about, it is to pump you for leads.

A GOOD head hunter will place two candidates a month. Do not count on being one of them.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 12, 2008 10:09PM

Radiophile Wrote:
>>> It is all based on the Robert Half model:

Hahaha. The Robert Half office in Tysons was a joke. It was on like the 6-7th floor of Tycon Tower a few years ago. You'd deal with one of those "Business Development/Recruiter" types, and then they'd pass you off to one of the 20-somethings that cared more about happy hour than they did about recruiting. Instead of returning your phone calls, they'd wait a month and then hit you up with some new "candidates" sales pitch. We started to call the "Robert Half-assed".

Maybe they've cleaned their act up though, it's been awhile.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.