HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
MSNBC has become the MTV of news
Posted by: ex-Lester ()
Date: March 18, 2013 11:45AM

Instead of its original 24-hour news format, it's become almost all opinion and reality shows.

Pew's annual comprehensive State of the News Media found that opinion and commentary fill 85 percent of the airtime on MSNBC. The network only devotes 15 percent to "factual reporting," according to the Pew study.

To conduct the study, Pew looked at a half-hour of daytime programming for the first five months of 2012, along with the first five minutes of the "general news-focused programs" in primetime. To ensure that the programming was representative, Pew also studied a full three days of network programming later in 2012.

By comparison, Fox News' programming featured 55 percent commentary and opinion and 45 percent "factual reporting." CNN was the only network to feature more reporting than commentary, by a 54-46 margin.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/msnbc-fox-news-bias-opinion-reporting-pew-research-2013-3#ixzz2NuHByIVN

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MSNBC has become the MTV of news
Posted by: MSNBC 85% BS ()
Date: March 18, 2013 01:21PM

And about half of their 15% "factual reporting" is deceptively edited video. lulz

1-on-msnbc-opinion-dominates-reporting.p

Posted by: Young Curmudgeon ()
Date: March 18, 2013 05:57PM

There's also a difference between "reporting" and "very selective and biased reporting." Both Fox and MSNBC are excellent at the latter.

Posted by: Rachael Maddog ()
Date: March 18, 2013 06:18PM

I'll run my mouth full speed and I don't care what anybody thinks. Why are my ratings always in the tank?

Posted by: Captain Shitshow ()
Date: March 18, 2013 06:28PM

I don't watch the news because fuck it. I only watch How I Met Your Mother and American Dad.

Posted by: For Sure ()
Date: March 18, 2013 06:37PM

Captain Shitshow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't watch the news because fuck it. I only
> watch How I Met Your Mother and American Dad.

I'd totally do Hayley Smith!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.