HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Ted Stevens Indicted
Date: July 29, 2008 01:36PM

The old asshole of the Senate finally got nailed by Johnny Law...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25916299/

Oh, how I will miss the douchebag...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ted Stevens Indicted
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 29, 2008 02:09PM

LOL. Good.

This is the same dumbass that threatened to resign from Congress if they didn't fund some stupid pork-barrel project in his home state. He's also the idiot that publicly described the internet as "a series of tubes". Who the heck elects these people??

Well, he's long been considered a crook, and I'm glad he finally got what's coming to him.

Posted by: § ()
Date: July 29, 2008 02:44PM

Agreed. That pork barrel earmark you're referring to (if I remember correctly) is the "bridge to nowhere". $50m for a bridge that connects a remote island where the population is <100 people. What a farce. The good news is that he's 84, so he'll likely (1) die before his sentencing or (2) receive a life term. -§

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: July 29, 2008 03:05PM

Yep, it was "the bridge to nowhere". He stood in front of Congress and threatened his resignation, it wasn't just some off-hand remark... he got all emotional and acted pretty crazy about it. What an ass.

He was also staunchly opposed to net neutrality, and introduced legislation banning wikipedia from schools and libraries. Again, who the fuck votes for these people?

I think the best part has yet to come. He has vowed to run for re-election under any circumstances. It will be funny to see the republican party distance themselves from him over the next few months. I wonder what McCain will think of Ted's endorsement?

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: July 29, 2008 06:55PM

I have asked many people in Alaska and from what I hear, there is no talk to change the name of the Airport which is currently ANC Ted Stevens International Airport, Anchorage.

This is exactly why the post office waits 10 years after you are dead to put you on a stamp.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: July 29, 2008 07:40PM

How will the people in Northern Alaska get their toilet paper now that he has stepped aside from his committee leadership appointments?

Date: July 29, 2008 11:24PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How will the people in Northern Alaska get their
> toilet paper...

Well, if he ends up in jail, the people of Alaska will have one less asshole to worry about.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.