HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The Link Between Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) and Seung-Hui Cho (VA Tech)
Posted by: FU Investigates ()
Date: January 06, 2013 11:15PM

Is it that they both stopped using prescription medication shortly before they went off? Was the medication Paxil? Prozac? Why is this connection not being explored?

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/the-giant-gaping-hole-in-sandy-hook-reporting/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seung-Hui_Cho

Immediately after the incident, reports carried speculation by family members in Korea that Cho was autistic.[33] However, no known record exists of Cho ever being diagnosed with autism,[33][34] nor could an autism diagnosis be verified with Cho's parents. The Virginia Tech Review Panel report dismissed an autism diagnosis[35][36] and experts later doubted the autism claim.[37]

Like the perpetrators of both the Columbine and Jokela school massacres, Cho was prescribed the antidepressant drug Prozac prior to his rampage, a substance suspected by Peter Breggin and David Healy of leading to suicidal behaviors.[109]

http://www.autismkey.com/adam-lanza-and-autism-an-unfortunate-connection/

"Ryan Lanza, 24, brother of gunman Adam Lanza, 20, tells authorities that his younger brother is autistic, or has Asperger syndrome and a “personality disorder.”

http://digitaljournal.com/article/339440#ixzz2HGARiZYn

The Washington Post has reported that a neighbor of Adam Lanza, the suspected shooter in the Sandy Hook Elementary School killings, said that Lanza was on some form of medication.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Link Between Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) and Seung-Hui Cho (VA Tech)
Posted by: Set Sarcasm Detectors To "On" ()
Date: January 06, 2013 11:49PM

So it's the medication? That explains it, 'cause there never any incidents like this in the past before anti-depressants were made.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Link Between Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) and Seung-Hui Cho (VA Tech)
Posted by: But they were all nuts to begin ()
Date: January 06, 2013 11:53PM

Set Sarcasm Detectors To "On" Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So it's the medication? That explains it, 'cause
> there never any incidents like this in the past
> before anti-depressants were made.

Columbine mass-killer Eric Harris was taking Luvox – like Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, Effexor and many others, a modern and widely prescribed type of antidepressant drug called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, or SSRIs. Harris and fellow student Dylan Klebold went on a hellish school shooting rampage in 1999 during which they killed 12 students and a teacher and wounded 24 others before turning their guns on themselves.Luvox manufacturer Solvay Pharmaceuticals concedes that during short-term controlled clinical trials, 4 percent of children and youth taking Luvox – that’s 1 in 25 – developed mania, a dangerous and violence-prone mental derangement characterized by extreme excitement and delusion.

Patrick Purdy went on a schoolyard shooting rampage in Stockton, Calif., in 1989, which became the catalyst for the original legislative frenzy to ban “semiautomatic assault weapons” in California and the nation. The 25-year-old Purdy, who murdered five children and wounded 30, had been on Amitriptyline, an antidepressant, as well as the antipsychotic drug Thorazine.

Kip Kinkel, 15, murdered his parents in 1998 and the next day went to his school, Thurston High in Springfield, Ore., and opened fire on his classmates, killing two and wounding 22 others. He had been prescribed both Prozac and Ritalin.

In 1988, 31-year-old Laurie Dann went on a shooting rampage in a second-grade classroom in Winnetka, Ill., killing one child and wounding six. She had been taking the antidepressant Anafranil as well as Lithium, long used to treat mania.

In Paducah, Ky., in late 1997, 14-year-old Michael Carneal, son of a prominent attorney, traveled to Heath High School and started shooting students in a prayer meeting taking place in the school’s lobby, killing three and leaving another paralyzed. Carneal reportedly was on Ritalin.

In 2005, 16-year-old Native American Jeff Weise, living on Minnesota’s Red Lake Indian Reservation, shot and killed nine people and wounded five others before killing himself. Weise had been taking Prozac.
In another famous case, 47-year-old Joseph T. Wesbecker, just a month after he began taking Prozac in 1989, shot 20 workers at Standard Gravure Corp. in Louisville, Ky., killing nine. Prozac-maker Eli Lilly later settled a lawsuit brought by survivors.

Kurt Danysh, 18, shot his own father to death in 1996, a little more than two weeks after starting on Prozac. Danysh’s description of own his mental-emotional state at the time of the murder is chilling: “I didn’t realize I did it until after it was done,” Danysh said. “This might sound weird, but it felt like I had no control of what I was doing, like I was left there just holding a gun.”

John Hinckley, age 25, took four Valium two hours before shooting and almost killing President Ronald Reagan in 1981. In the assassination attempt, Hinckley also wounded press secretary James Brady, Secret Service agent Timothy McCarthy and policeman Thomas Delahanty.

Andrea Yates, in one of the most heartrending crimes in modern history, drowned all five of her children – aged 7 years down to 6 months – in a bathtub. Insisting inner voices commanded her to kill her children, she had become increasingly psychotic over the course of several years. At her 2006 murder re-trial (after a 2002 guilty verdict was overturned on appeal), Yates’ longtime friend Debbie Holmes testified: “She asked me if I thought Satan could read her mind and if I believed in demon possession.” And Dr. George Ringholz, after evaluating Yates for two days, recounted an experience she had after the birth of her first child: “What she described was feeling a presence … Satan … telling her to take a knife and stab her son Noah,” Ringholz said, adding that Yates’ delusion at the time of the bathtub murders was not only that she had to kill her children to save them, but that Satan had entered her and that she had to be executed in order to kill Satan.Yates had been taking the antidepressant Effexor. In November 2005, more than four years after Yates drowned her children, Effexor manufacturer Wyeth Pharmaceuticals quietly added “homicidal ideation” to the drug’s list of “rare adverse events.” The Medical Accountability Network, a private nonprofit focused on medical ethics issues, publicly criticized Wyeth, saying Effexor’s “homicidal ideation” risk wasn’t well-publicized and that Wyeth failed to send letters to doctors or issue warning labels announcing the change.And what exactly does “rare” mean in the phrase “rare adverse events”? The FDA defines it as occurring in less than one in 1,000 people. But since that same year 19.2 million prescriptions for Effexor were filled in the U.S., statistically that means thousands of Americans might experience “homicidal ideation” – murderous thoughts – as a result of taking just this one brand of antidepressant drug.Effexor is Wyeth’s best-selling drug, by the way, which in one recent year brought in over $3 billion in sales, accounting for almost a fifth of the company’s annual revenues.

One more case is instructive, that of 12-year-old Christopher Pittman, who struggled in court to explain why he murdered his grandparents, who had provided the only love and stability he’d ever known in his turbulent life. “When I was lying in my bed that night,” he testified, “I couldn’t sleep because my voice in my head kept echoing through my mind telling me to kill them.” Christopher had been angry with his grandfather, who had disciplined him earlier that day for hurting another student during a fight on the school bus. So later that night, he shot both of his grandparents in the head with a .410 shotgun as they slept and then burned down their South Carolina home, where he had lived with them.”I got up, got the gun, and I went upstairs and I pulled the trigger,” he recalled. “Through the whole thing, it was like watching your favorite TV show. You know what is going to happen, but you can’t do anything to stop it.”Pittman’s lawyers would later argue that the boy had been a victim of “involuntary intoxication,” since his doctors had him taking the antidepressants Paxil and Zoloft just prior to the murders.Paxil’s known “adverse drug reactions” – according to the drug’s FDA-approved label – include “mania,” “insomnia,” “anxiety,” “agitation,” “confusion,” “amnesia,” “depression,” “paranoid reaction,” “psychosis,” “hostility,” “delirium,” “hallucinations,” “abnormal thinking,” “depersonalization” and “lack of emotion,” among others.The preceding examples are only a few of the best-known offenders who had been taking prescribed psychiatric drugs before committing their violent crimes – there are many others.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Link Between Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) and Seung-Hui Cho (VA Tech)
Posted by: Let Us Ponder ()
Date: January 07, 2013 12:06AM

I would just like to take this moment to ask why is weed illegal while other drugs, one side effect of which is a 1 in 1000 chance of having a manic episode, remain perfectly legal?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Link Between Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) and Seung-Hui Cho (VA Tech)
Posted by: Proof ()
Date: January 07, 2013 04:14AM

Please proof Lanza on medication OP? They wish, only thing could explain why he did it. Was the assault gun (he didn't use) on medication since the anti-gunner blame it on the gun. Liberals love making shit up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Link Between Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) and Seung-Hui Cho (VA Tech)
Posted by: 404ed ()
Date: January 07, 2013 07:03AM

Both of them had a cock.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Link Between Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) and Seung-Hui Cho (VA Tech)
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: January 07, 2013 08:07AM

@OP - we call this a straw-man argument. Take the focus off the facts and take the argument to the side-story.

Facts are that dude got his hands on guns he didnt buy and didnt have permission to take. Facts are that moms didnt store her guns away properly and son was able to take them from her and use them on others.

If mom has SIMPLY stored her guns away properly, none of this would have happend no matter how crazy he was

Y'all can talk about mental health til yr blue in the face (and YES, IT IS A VERY IMPORTANT DISCUSSION TO HAVE!!!!) but it still doesnt mean there is some "link"

crazy and sane ppl kill everyday so I'm not too sure why (or how) it is possible that ALL crazy ppl get to have their Constitutional rights stripped from them if they've NEVER committed a crime...........

cause at the end of the day, that's the discussion we are having, right? Taking 2nd amendment rights AWAY from a portion of population, even if they have never committed a crime?

And who decided the threshold on "crazy"? I think anyone who'd open-carry inside a grocerystore is crazy LoLz. Some think I'm crazy just for posting on here =) So yeah, who decides who gets to lose their 2nd amendments rights on a judgement-call?

I'm just not necessarily into going down that road, in a legal way............

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Link Between Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) and Seung-Hui Cho (VA Tech)
Posted by: FPS ()
Date: January 07, 2013 12:08PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> @OP - we call this a straw-man argument. Take
> the focus off the facts and take the argument to
> the side-story.
>
> Facts are that dude got his hands on guns he didnt
> buy and didnt have permission to take. Facts are
> that moms didnt store her guns away properly and
> son was able to take them from her and use them on
> others.
>
> If mom has SIMPLY stored her guns away properly,
> none of this would have happend no matter how
> crazy he was
>
> Y'all can talk about mental health til yr blue in
> the face (and YES, IT IS A VERY IMPORTANT
> DISCUSSION TO HAVE!!!!) but it still doesnt mean
> there is some "link"
>
> crazy and sane ppl kill everyday so I'm not too
> sure why (or how) it is possible that ALL crazy
> ppl get to have their Constitutional rights
> stripped from them if they've NEVER committed a
> crime...........
>
> cause at the end of the day, that's the discussion
> we are having, right? Taking 2nd amendment rights
> AWAY from a portion of population, even if they
> have never committed a crime?
>
> And who decided the threshold on "crazy"? I think
> anyone who'd open-carry inside a grocerystore is
> crazy LoLz. Some think I'm crazy just for posting
> on here =) So yeah, who decides who gets to lose
> their 2nd amendments rights on a judgement-call?
>
> I'm just not necessarily into going down that
> road, in a legal way............


Fact is that's only the entire argument from your and your's view. You want it to be about guns only and to take advantage of an incident for ideological purposes.

I can make exactly the same arguments you do more effectively in reverse. If he wasn't nuts, then it wouldn't have happened to begin with. There are guns all over, they don't make people do things like this. No sane person, even if extraordinarily pissed off and having access to tons of guns, would go shoot up kids at a school. Furthermore, you don't learn to dress up like a SWAT Ninja and go on an indiscriminate shooting spree from a gun. That's coming from elsewhere. I'll let you figure out where that is.

Fact is that you have no clue how well her guns were secured or whether there was any prior indication of a need to secure them from someone who had never shown any prior violent tendencies (I don't either btw, but I'm not making the argument). Fact is you don't really care. As you say, just a "strawman."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Link Between Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) and Seung-Hui Cho (VA Tech)
Posted by: Obama Knows ()
Date: January 07, 2013 11:33PM

If the problem is too many unwanted pregnancies, then the answer is free birth control.

If the problem is too many people unemployed, then the answer is free money forever, until they find work.

If the problem is too many sick people, then the answer is free health care.

So if the problem is too many guns being used by those who don't own them, then the answer should be...

FREE GUN LOCKS AND GUN SAFES FOR EVERYONE!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Link Between Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) and Seung-Hui Cho (VA Tech)
Posted by: agag ()
Date: January 08, 2013 08:15AM

Prozac and Zoloft are dangerous and using them and going off these medications have been documented to produce homocidal and suicidal ideology as much as you want to mock this, should be explored because these drugs are horrible for teens and young adults.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Link Between Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) and Seung-Hui Cho (VA Tech)
Posted by: hwyrywr ()
Date: January 08, 2013 08:20AM

Very likely that these drugs caused these behaviors, it has long been known in the psychiatric community that in the period when the drugs are being stabilized (and even before and after) mania occurs with psychotic breaks. These drugs are dangerous and should NEVER be given to teens, children or young adults. That is the real answer, coupled with the idiotic idea that anybody can get a gun and at least 25% of the entire population is medicated at the time. Recipe for disaster.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Link Between Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) and Seung-Hui Cho (VA Tech)
Posted by: Stephen ()
Date: January 08, 2013 10:54AM

The Government will look for any reason to protect Gun owners rights to vote for them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Link Between Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) and Seung-Hui Cho (VA Tech)
Posted by: govt_shithead ()
Date: January 08, 2013 12:21PM

The political pundits and politicians cannot fathom the link between these drugs and the psychos who commit these horrible crimes. Their limited mental capacity is only capable of demonizing the straw man that they can understand, the legal gun owner. The are either to fucking stupid or gutless to not follow their political narrative put before them by asshole gun grabbing politicians.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Link Between Adam Lanza (Sandy Hook) and Seung-Hui Cho (VA Tech)
Posted by: BEH ()
Date: January 08, 2013 04:17PM

Adam Lanza never showed the capacity to live normally in society, he should have been institutionalized or euthenized long ago.

As far as Seung-Hui Cho is concerned, he should not have been in this country in the first place.

A place for everyone, and everyone in their place.

Deviate from that...this is what you get.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
4Vtb6
This forum powered by Phorum.