HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: Vincenzo ()
Date: June 28, 2008 11:31AM

People who identify themselves as conservatives donate money to charity more often than people who identify themselves as liberals. They donate more money and a higher percentage of their incomes. Liberal families average 6 percent higher incomes than conservative families.

If liberals and moderates gave blood at the same rate as conservatives, the blood supply of the United States would jump about 45 percent.

Conservatives not only donate more money to charity than liberals do, conservatives volunteer more time as well.

Most of the states that voted for John Kerry during the 2004 election donated a lower percentage of their incomes to charity than the states that voted for George W. Bush.

Those on the left (like Vince) proclaimed their moral superiority in the 18th century and they continue to proclaim it in the 21st century. What is remarkable is how long it took for anyone to put that belief to the test -- and how completely it failed that test.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: June 28, 2008 09:55PM

"Those on the left proclaimed moral superiority"; that's the funniest shit I have ever heard!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 28, 2008 10:27PM

inkahootz Wrote:
>>> that's the funniest shit I have ever heard!

I thought the funniest part was how he able to scientifically quantify "conservative people" versus "liberal people", and then assign numeric values to their behavior.

LOL.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: June 28, 2008 10:44PM

Vincenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> If liberals and moderates gave blood at the same
> rate as conservatives, the blood supply of the
> United States would jump about 45 percent.


This one is classic too, Meep!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 28, 2008 11:11PM

If you become 3-5% more liberal, 2-3 thousand people between 50-60% on the conservative charts will suffer the consequences!!!




inkahootz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vincenzo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > If liberals and moderates gave blood at the
> same
> > rate as conservatives, the blood supply of the
> > United States would jump about 45 percent.
>
>
> This one is classic too, Meep!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: Vincenzo ()
Date: June 29, 2008 12:04AM

Inkahootz and Meeper,

Laugh all you want, but there have been surveys and studies conducted, and papers written supporting the above mentioned findings. Instead of mockery, try educating yourselves sometime. Your mockery only shows your ignorance. C'mon Meeper, can I get an "O RLY" picture now. I am sure that is all your mind can come up with to respond.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 29, 2008 12:22AM

OK, Who are you again?




That's what I thought..

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: Vincenzo ()
Date: June 29, 2008 12:52AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK, Who are you again?
>
>
>
>
> That's what I thought..

What did you think? That is unclear....

Options: ReplyQuote
d
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: June 29, 2008 01:50AM

d



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 01:37PM by inkahootz.

Options: ReplyQuote
j
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: June 29, 2008 02:15AM

j



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 03:06PM by inkahootz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 29, 2008 08:48AM

Vincenzo Wrote:
>>> What did you think? That is unclear....


I think you're an idiot and the goofy article you posted sounds like something you copied from The Onion.

Does that seem clear to you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: June 29, 2008 09:04AM

People who identify themselves as conservatives
> donate money to charity more often than people who
> identify themselves as liberals. They donate more
> money and a higher percentage of their incomes.
> Liberal families average 6 percent higher incomes
> than conservative families.

Take church tithes out of the equation and this "fact" goes right out the window.

>
> >
> Conservatives not only donate more money to
> charity than liberals do, conservatives volunteer
> more time as well.

Where does this "fact" come from?

> Most of the states that voted for John Kerry
> during the 2004 election donated a lower
> percentage of their incomes to charity than the
> states that voted for George W. Bush.

Again, church tithes. Also, Those Blue states have a much higher average income and education bracket than those states that went for Bush. So, "charity" is defined differently in these socio-economically brackets. Example, many would believe volunteering at their children's school, or taking care of a neighbor's kid is "charity," or a charitable act. When you look at tax records, these acts are not reflected on the individual tax returns.

Did you know the only district in Texas that went for Kerry is also the district in Texas that has the highest education average, and highest household newspaper penetration?

> Those on the left (like Vince) proclaimed their
> moral superiority in the 18th century and they
> continue to proclaim it in the 21st century. What
> is remarkable is how long it took for anyone to
> put that belief to the test -- and how completely
> it failed that test.

Did you know, in 2004, every red state had a higher divorce rate than any blue state? Morals, you say? How is “divorce” good morals?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: June 29, 2008 11:35AM

Recently, I believe a case could be made that "Conservatives" (and the call themselves NEO CONS Or New Conservatives so there is no question which side of the fence they are on)invade countries for no fucking reason what so ever more thatn "Liberals".



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2008 11:37AM by Radiophile.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: I read "Who Really Gives" ()
Date: June 29, 2008 04:27PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> People who identify themselves as conservatives
> > donate money to charity more often than people
> who
> > identify themselves as liberals. They donate
> more
> > money and a higher percentage of their incomes.
>
> > Liberal families average 6 percent higher
> incomes
> > than conservative families.
>
> Take church tithes out of the equation and
> this "fact" goes right out the window.
>
> >
> > >
> > Conservatives not only donate more money to
> > charity than liberals do, conservatives
> volunteer
> > more time as well.
>
> Where does this "fact" come from?
>
> > Most of the states that voted for John Kerry
> > during the 2004 election donated a lower
> > percentage of their incomes to charity than the
> > states that voted for George W. Bush.
>
> Again, church tithes. Also, Those Blue states
> have a much higher average income and education
> bracket than those states that went for Bush. So,
> "charity" is defined differently in these
> socio-economically brackets. Example, many would
> believe volunteering at their children's school,
> or taking care of a neighbor's kid is "charity,"
> or a charitable act. When you look at tax
> records, these acts are not reflected on the
> individual tax returns.
>
> Did you know the only district in Texas that went
> for Kerry is also the district in Texas that has
> the highest education average, and highest
> household newspaper penetration?
>
> > Those on the left (like Vince) proclaimed their
> > moral superiority in the 18th century and they
> > continue to proclaim it in the 21st century.
> What
> > is remarkable is how long it took for anyone to
> > put that belief to the test -- and how
> completely
> > it failed that test.
>
> Did you know, in 2004, every red state had a
> higher divorce rate than any blue state? Morals,
> you say? How is “divorce” good morals?

Well the author of the study quoted by Vincenzo made the same assumption you did about tithing. Guess what. You both were wrong. According to Arthur Brooks, the author of "Who Really Gives," "the assumption that religious Americans are just giving to their churches is one I made myself when I first started writing about giving. But it's wrong. The fact is that religious people are more personally charitable in every measurable way than secularists. For example, religious people are 10 percentage points more likely than secularists to give money to explicitly secular charities, and 21 points more likely to volunteer. The data show the same pattern for informal giving to friends and family, blood donations, small acts of kindness—everything you can think of. Religious people are even more ethical than secularists: If a cashier accidentally gives a churchgoer too much change, the odds are better than half that he or she will return it, while the odds are more than six in 10 that a secularist will choose not to give it back."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: June 29, 2008 04:32PM

Who really gives...A FUCK!!!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 29, 2008 04:41PM

inkahootz Wrote:
>>> Who really gives...A FUCK!!!!!!!!

See, when you don't really have a platform to run on, you shift the focus away from important issues and dwell on meaningless ideological crap like "compassion".

These people are desperate.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: Realize ()
Date: June 29, 2008 05:06PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> inkahootz Wrote:
> >>> Who really gives...A FUCK!!!!!!!!
>
> See, when you don't really have a platform to run
> on, you shift the focus away from important issues
> and dwell on meaningless ideological crap like
> "compassion".
>
> These people are desperate.

There is plenty to run ON. And it is far better than running FROM. But when one of the planks in a platform is attacking conservatives for not being compassionate, it is fair game to bring up the truth. I know you hate it when facts get in the way of your warped reality.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 29, 2008 05:21PM

Yeah, it's really such a warped reality to care about real issues, rather than some childish argument about "who's more compassionate than who". As if our country has a long entrenched history of voting for the people who donate the most to charities.

You (and your "facts") are retarded.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: June 29, 2008 05:53PM

but what about cheezburger?

000bkk0g
"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: Realize ()
Date: June 29, 2008 05:55PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, it's really such a warped reality to care
> about real issues, rather than some childish
> argument about "who's more compassionate than
> who". As if our country has a long entrenched
> history of voting for the people who donate the
> most to charities.
>
> You (and your "facts") are retarded.


I am still waiting for real issues. And, the point had nothing to do with either candidate. In fact, if anything, this conversation actually supports Senator Obama's campaign for change. If he is sincere in his goal to change the tone and dialogue surrounding the campaign process and rhetoricand if he is ready to make politics more civilized, I applaud him for it. Granted, he has no other "real" issues, but if he could change that one aspect of the system, I think it would definitely change the nation for the better. Unfortunately, if his supporters and followers aren't listening to the message and take every opportunity to demean others and other ideas, his goal of change will fail miserably. The failure will not be the fault of Senator Obama's, but of those supporters who do business as usual and resort to negative personal attacks.

Please do not be offended if I refuse to take your "retarded" comments to heart. Grow up. At least Senator Obama is.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 29, 2008 06:01PM

Gravis Wrote:
>>> but what about cheezburger?


lmao, thats great

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 29, 2008 06:21PM

Realize Wrote:
>>>this conversation actually supports Senator Obama's campaign for change.


LOL. Talk about a warped sense of reality.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: June 29, 2008 06:29PM

This absurd thread is brought to you by:

Conservative Blood Donors for Senator Obama

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: June 29, 2008 08:19PM

I read "Who Really Gives" Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FUNdamental Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > People who identify themselves as conservatives
> > > donate money to charity more often than
> people
> > who
> > > identify themselves as liberals. They donate
> > more
> > > money and a higher percentage of their
> incomes.
> >
> > > Liberal families average 6 percent higher
> > incomes
> > > than conservative families.
> >
> > Take church tithes out of the equation and
> > this "fact" goes right out the window.
> >
> > >
> > > >
> > > Conservatives not only donate more money to
> > > charity than liberals do, conservatives
> > volunteer
> > > more time as well.
> >
> > Where does this "fact" come from?
> >
> > > Most of the states that voted for John Kerry
> > > during the 2004 election donated a lower
> > > percentage of their incomes to charity than
> the
> > > states that voted for George W. Bush.
> >
> > Again, church tithes. Also, Those Blue states
> > have a much higher average income and education
> > bracket than those states that went for Bush.
> So,
> > "charity" is defined differently in these
> > socio-economically brackets. Example, many
> would
> > believe volunteering at their children's
> school,
> > or taking care of a neighbor's kid is
> "charity,"
> > or a charitable act. When you look at tax
> > records, these acts are not reflected on the
> > individual tax returns.
> >
> > Did you know the only district in Texas that
> went
> > for Kerry is also the district in Texas that
> has
> > the highest education average, and highest
> > household newspaper penetration?
> >
> > > Those on the left (like Vince) proclaimed
> their
> > > moral superiority in the 18th century and
> they
> > > continue to proclaim it in the 21st century.
> > What
> > > is remarkable is how long it took for anyone
> to
> > > put that belief to the test -- and how
> > completely
> > > it failed that test.
> >
> > Did you know, in 2004, every red state had a
> > higher divorce rate than any blue state?
> Morals,
> > you say? How is “divorce” good morals?
>
> Well the author of the study quoted by Vincenzo
> made the same assumption you did about tithing.
> Guess what. You both were wrong. According to
> Arthur Brooks, the author of "Who Really Gives,"
> "the assumption that religious Americans are just
> giving to their churches is one I made myself when
> I first started writing about giving. But it's
> wrong. The fact is that religious people are more
> personally charitable in every measurable way than
> secularists. For example, religious people are 10
> percentage points more likely than secularists to
> give money to explicitly secular charities, and 21
> points more likely to volunteer. The data show the
> same pattern for informal giving to friends and
> family, blood donations, small acts of
> kindness—everything you can think of. Religious
> people are even more ethical than secularists: If
> a cashier accidentally gives a churchgoer too much
> change, the odds are better than half that he or
> she will return it, while the odds are more than
> six in 10 that a secularist will choose not to
> give it back."

You are lumping Religious people and conservatives as one and the same; they are not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: I read "Who Really Gives" ()
Date: June 29, 2008 11:24PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> You are lumping Religious people and conservatives
> as one and the same; they are not.

You are absolutely right and Professor Brooks addresses it by stating: "Just like conservatives, these two groups are worlds apart. Religious liberals give at extremely high rates—very similarly to religious conservatives, actually—while secular liberals give little. The big problem for liberal charity today is that the population of religious liberals is shrinking quickly, as the American political left secularizes due to low liberal fertility and the attrition of people of faith to the political right. Today, there are nearly twice as many secular liberals as there are religious ones. In contrast, there are nearly three times as many religious conservatives as secular ones."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: I read "Who Really Gives" ()
Date: June 29, 2008 11:39PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Realize Wrote:
> >>>this conversation actually supports Senator
> Obama's campaign for change.
>
>
> LOL. Talk about a warped sense of reality.

This was not directed to me, but I would like to respond. Is it warped because Senator Obama is full of manure about wanting change? Or, is it warped because his supporters want to continue down the road of demonizing those that might be philosophicaly be opposed to him? Can there not be common ground? Can not all Americans want change? Can we all not want to end poverty? Is there only one way to end poverty? Does that desire to end poverty require the government to overtake charitable giving? If liberals, particularly secular liberals, would put their money where their mouth is, all of these issues would be headed to a direction where people would help their fellow man and not look at party identity. I really have no problems with Senator Obama. I applaud his work as a community organizer. My real problems begin to exist when I see his supporters and surrogates continue down the road of the past. The whole notion of the demonization of the other side is reprehensible. We have gone down that road for 16 years. When will we, as Americans, say enough is enough? If I honestly thought that he could bring about the change he promises, I would support him in a heartbeat. The problem is that he has surrounded himself in the past and has poised his Presidency as a same old same old. George Bush promised to be a uniter not a divider -- we have seen the results. Unfortunately, Senator Obama is headed down the same path because of his unwillingness to shed the DC mentality.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 30, 2008 05:31AM

I read "Who Really Gives" Wrote:
> Is it warped because Senator Obama is full of manure about wanting change?


It's warped because you started a thread making stupid claims about "liberals", and then you keep changing your name and make dumb comments about Obama, and then have the gall to say that you're posts support him.


LOL you're an idiot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: I read "Who Really Gives" ()
Date: June 30, 2008 06:17AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read "Who Really Gives" Wrote:
> > Is it warped because Senator Obama is full of
> manure about wanting change?
>
>
> It's warped because you started a thread making
> stupid claims about "liberals", and then you keep
> changing your name and make dumb comments about
> Obama, and then have the gall to say that you're
> posts support him.
>
>
> LOL you're an idiot.

You really are thick.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 30, 2008 08:01AM

I read "Who Really Gives" Wrote:
>>> You really are thick.


YUO = COMPASSION!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: I read "Who Really Gives" ()
Date: June 30, 2008 08:10AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read "Who Really Gives" Wrote:
> >>> You really are thick.
>
>
> YUO = COMPASSION!!!

Why thank YOU. I did donate my used car to Melwood to help people like you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: angelus42774 ()
Date: June 30, 2008 09:27AM

People with the name Vincenzo are 100% more likely to be douchebags when they grow up.

Options: ReplyQuote
l
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: June 30, 2008 09:57AM

l



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 01:13PM by inkahootz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 30, 2008 10:09AM

FUCK YUO

Options: ReplyQuote
;
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: June 30, 2008 10:12AM

;



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 01:12PM by inkahootz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: June 30, 2008 10:16AM

Gravis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> but what about cheezburger?
>
>


Damn, I'm hungry!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: June 30, 2008 10:17AM

It's actually not an FU-joke. I've seen it in use on other internet forums. Sort of an internet "meme" like lolcats or ORLY.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: June 30, 2008 10:25AM

When it comes to compassion, I think liberals and conservatives are both f-d up. With liberals, you have Brad Pitt in New Orleans designing houses that are made to float. WTF is that?? It's not practical and people simply aren't going to waste their time and energy on it.

As for conservatives, a lot of their giving is conditional. We will give you food, starving people in Africa, but you have to give up Allah or whoever you worship and call Jesus your Lord and Savior, even if, in your heart, you just want a bowl of rice.

Options: ReplyQuote
s
Posted by: inkahootz ()
Date: June 30, 2008 10:26AM

s



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 01:36PM by inkahootz.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: Jimmy Carter ()
Date: June 30, 2008 11:15AM

"Liberals lack compasssion"

Fuck you, asshole!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: I read "Who Really Gives" ()
Date: July 03, 2008 12:35AM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read "Who Really Gives" Wrote:
> > Is it warped because Senator Obama is full of
> manure about wanting change?
>
>
> It's warped because you started a thread making
> stupid claims about "liberals", and then you keep
> changing your name and make dumb comments about
> Obama, and then have the gall to say that you're
> posts support him.
>
>
> LOL you're an idiot.

Oh really and that is why Sen. Obama wants to expand the faith based initiative:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080701/ap_on_el_pr/obama_faith

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: July 03, 2008 10:33PM

Just wait a few weeks - faith based organizations will be the subject of heated debates. Hint Hint - "Money, what money?" lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: July 04, 2008 04:05PM

CROSS EXAMINE YOURSELF FUCKER

┏┫  | |  ┣┓   
┗┫━━ ┃ ━━┣┛  ┣┫ 
 ┃ ━━━━━ ┃ ┏┳┫┣┳┓ 
 ┗━━┳━┳━━┛ ┃    ┃
━━━━┃ ┃    ┗━┳┳━-
━━━━┃ ┗━━━━━━┛┃



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2008 06:34PM by ferfux.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: July 06, 2008 07:22AM

Id love to see the statisitcs used exclude donations to the conservatives hate based religious churches. Charity given with the hope to convert the poor and starving to christianity isnt charity it's propaganda.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: July 06, 2008 11:58PM

.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2012 06:30PM by Alias.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: July 07, 2008 11:57AM

Angry? Not at all...I jst happen to be a true blue atheist who sees little true good works originating from religious conversion attempts by hate groups (most religious institutions).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: July 07, 2008 11:05PM

.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2012 08:00PM by Alias.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: Brother Jim ()
Date: July 07, 2008 11:07PM

Vince(1) Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Angry? Not at all...I jst happen to be a true
> blue atheist who sees little true good works
> originating from religious conversion attempts by
> hate groups (most religious institutions).

As opposed to all the good charity done by atheists.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: July 08, 2008 12:01AM

Brother Jim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vince(1) Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Angry? Not at all...I jst happen to be a true
> > blue atheist who sees little true good works
> > originating from religious conversion attempts
> by
> > hate groups (most religious institutions).
>
> As opposed to all the good charity done by
> atheists.


Which ones? Amnesty International? Doctors without Borders? Greenpeace?

Or do you prefer those charity groups that take money to pray for bad things go away?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: July 08, 2008 12:36AM

.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2012 07:59PM by Alias.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: Brother Jim ()
Date: July 08, 2008 12:56AM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Brother Jim Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Vince(1) Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Angry? Not at all...I jst happen to be a
> true
> > > blue atheist who sees little true good works
> > > originating from religious conversion
> attempts
> > by
> > > hate groups (most religious institutions).
> >
> > As opposed to all the good charity done by
> > atheists.
>
>
> Which ones? Amnesty International? Doctors without
> Borders? Greenpeace?
>
> Or do you prefer those charity groups that take
> money to pray for bad things go away?

You really don't get sarcasm. I was pointing out how Vince is quick to chastise religious charities particularly ignoring many secular functions they fulfill. Many soup kitchens, shelters, etc. are run by religious organizations with no proselytizing taking place whatsoever. Hospitals are run by religious organizations and believe it or not, youo don't need to be baptized to be treated there. Also, Bishop O'Connell holds a dance each year to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. They certainly don't earmark the funds to go to Catholics or Christians only.

Also, the organizations you mentioned are not atheist, they are secular. You might want to look that up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: July 08, 2008 01:16AM

=



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2012 07:57PM by Alias.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberals lack compasssion
Posted by: Vince(1) ()
Date: July 08, 2008 09:08AM

Alias Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vince(1):
>
> Which hate groups?


Well lets see...assuming you believe in god..heaven, hell and all the other fairy tales espoused by most religious organizations. The dogma of most of these religions is the theory of exclusivity...that wholesome theory says they are the one and only portal to god and salvation...all others are damned to eternal damnation. This theory has been and is used for all sorts of self benefiting programs by religious groups...and when all else fails this theory can be used to dehumanize those who refuse to be saved and allow a beleiver to strap a bomb to their chest...place them on a rack or boil them alive...or drop a bomb on them from 30k feet.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2008 12:27PM by Vince(1).

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 ********   **    **   *******   **        **    ** 
 **     **  **   **   **     **  **        ***   ** 
 **     **  **  **    **         **        ****  ** 
 **     **  *****     ********   **        ** ** ** 
 **     **  **  **    **     **  **        **  **** 
 **     **  **   **   **     **  **        **   *** 
 ********   **    **   *******   ********  **    ** 
This forum powered by Phorum.