HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: factsagain. ()
Date: November 07, 2012 07:07PM

They are a shirking party.

2004 Bush Votes:62,040,610
2008 McCain Votes:59,934,814
2012 Romney Votes:57,654292

Or Percentage of Population

2004 Bush Votes:21%
2008 McCain Votes:20%
2012 Romney Votes:19%

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Date: November 07, 2012 07:28PM

By God... he's on to something!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: econ goes higher than 101 ()
Date: November 07, 2012 07:29PM

the grammar police Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> By God... he's on to something!


Acctually I was shocked to find out they didn't even match 08. And this was supposed to be their wave election. They are dead as a door nail.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: Lefty ()
Date: November 07, 2012 07:56PM

It's not possible to win a Presidential anymore off of the white vote. If you don't include non-whites, you're done.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: feelitmore ()
Date: November 07, 2012 08:10PM

So after 4 years of yelling and screaming. All the accomplished was to scare off 2Million republican voters....bravo. That tea party thing was brilliant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: BigK ()
Date: November 07, 2012 08:15PM

As long as the Republican cater to the religous right it will only get worse.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: Ito ()
Date: November 07, 2012 08:19PM

What's really funny is that Mitt had to really run towards the center during the month of October to have any hope of getting elected.

Had he not done this, the victory would have been even more severe. What the Tea Party is missing is that only a master salesman like Mitt Romney could sell the shit they are selling to the country -- even he couldn't do it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: friskydingo ()
Date: November 07, 2012 08:27PM

Catering primarily to white straight men over the age of whatever isnt going to work any longer. They need to come up with a different model to survive in the 21st century.

 

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: White Man ()
Date: November 07, 2012 08:35PM

The white male vote is all they really have left.

I'm still convinced that the far right lunatic Romney was a complete sham. The party lets these nutjobs gain influence, so Mitt was running against lunatics in the primary. For some reason he stuck with it after the primary, even though those religious clowns weren't going to vote for "the anti-Christ" no matter what Mitt said. Only when it was too late did he start moving to the middle and probably revealing the real Mitt.

People said Romney didn't seem sincere throughout the race. Maybe it was because he wasn't until the end.

With that said, the GOP could earn this white male back if they just got rid of these religious people. I'm not going to support a party of Rick Santorum or Michelle Bachmann. Ever. I will support a party of common sense conservatism that stop being a social crusader and a party that focuses on efficient, proper use of government rather than trying to destroy the government. Also a party that does what needs to be done for America, rather than digging their heels in for gridlock and signing pledges to some "activist" rather than the people they represent.

And never run someone like George Allen for a statewide office in Virginia again. Times have changed and the guy was a huge phony anyway. An ex-Senator who made no mention of his accomplishments as Senator, while he ran for Senate. Only a fool would have supported that guy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: Ito ()
Date: November 07, 2012 09:00PM

friskydingo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Catering primarily to white straight men over the
> age of whatever isnt going to work any longer.
> They need to come up with a different model to
> survive in the 21st century.

+1

One of the problems with just catering to straight white men over the age of whatever is that these people don't exist in a vacuum. Even they have gay sons or daughters who marry a Hispanic man. Its not just that the population is becoming more diverse, but outside of the Red States, it is becoming more integrated as well.

People live in their own little world, but at some point you have to realize that this is a country of over 300 million people. If you are the president, you are everyone's president. If you believe in representative democracy, then you have to represent everyone, like it or not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: November 07, 2012 09:41PM

To me, one of the problem with the "Pubes" is they allow the religious nutters drive their civil platform. With them comes discrimination against women, LGBT and non believers. They also bring the anti-education doctrine and have an very noticeable lack of compassion for many people.

They also refuse to get behind improving the health of the planet and our own living conditions by refuting climate change and pollution in favor of big business. They support big oil and discourage alternative energy.

They're seen by many as a bunch of old, white, grumpy, fuddy duddies who believe all people are created equal, but some are more equal than others.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: Jim smith ()
Date: November 07, 2012 09:59PM

factsagain. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They are a shirking party.
>
> 2004 Bush Votes:62,040,610
> 2008 McCain Votes:59,934,814
> 2012 Romney Votes:57,654292
>
> Or Percentage of Population
>
> 2004 Bush Votes:21%
> 2008 McCain Votes:20%
> 2012 Romney Votes:19%

2008 Barack Obama votes 69,456,897
2012 Barack Obama votes 60,558,670

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: BigK ()
Date: November 07, 2012 10:01PM

Jim smith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> factsagain. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > They are a shirking party.
> >
> > 2004 Bush Votes:62,040,610
> > 2008 McCain Votes:59,934,814
> > 2012 Romney Votes:57,654292
> >
> > Or Percentage of Population
> >
> > 2004 Bush Votes:21%
> > 2008 McCain Votes:20%
> > 2012 Romney Votes:19%
>
> 2008 Barack Obama votes 69,456,897
> 2012 Barack Obama votes 60,558,670

Yep...............but wait a second.....Obama was the WINNER. What are McCain and Romney????? Can you say LOSERS???? Lets try that again...LOSERS.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: Derrpps ()
Date: November 07, 2012 10:05PM

BigK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jim smith Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > factsagain. Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > They are a shirking party.
> > >
> > > 2004 Bush Votes:62,040,610
> > > 2008 McCain Votes:59,934,814
> > > 2012 Romney Votes:57,654292
> > >
> > > Or Percentage of Population
> > >
> > > 2004 Bush Votes:21%
> > > 2008 McCain Votes:20%
> > > 2012 Romney Votes:19%
> >
> > 2008 Barack Obama votes 69,456,897
> > 2012 Barack Obama votes 60,558,670
>
> Yep...............but wait a second.....Obama was
> the WINNER. What are McCain and Romney????? Can
> you say LOSERS???? Lets try that again...LOSERS.


And regardless who wins or loses you're still a mindless dumbfuck. lol

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: BigK ()
Date: November 07, 2012 10:07PM

Derrpps Wrote:
>
> And regardless who wins or loses you're still a
> mindless dumbfuck. lol


Damn aren't you funny. Still a loser but funny.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: HOA MGR ()
Date: November 07, 2012 10:15PM

friskydingo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Catering primarily to white straight men over the
> age of whatever isnt going to work any longer.
> They need to come up with a different model to
> survive in the 21st century.

Yea, you need to say absolutley nothing with content, promise everyone something, chuckle on all the late night talk shows and get a few dancing monkeys to give you street cred. Its not about whats best for the country, its who likes you more. Its bloggers & tweets not statistics and facts.
Springsteen owns a 200+ acre farm. Hes a filthy rich old white guy who uses loop holes to avoid paying taxes. But dam if he didnt get ya'll to vote cause he danced and sang for you. JayZ, made over 20 mil in 2010 and gave less than $7000.00 to charities. I got 99 bitchez and hoes!

You people are being fooled by the best con-man of our generation.

Seriously, what has he done?
Only a few children of illegal immigrants will actually get citezenship
the unempoyment rate (not new filings) is worse than it was
The Keystone piplene is still on the table for review
Obamacare aint going into effect for another 2 years

And today the markets tanked while the dollar dropped in value.

If you can pull yourself away from Facebook for a few minutes, take a look at what Greece is going through.

Then go back and look at the history of the Roman Empire and how it fell.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: Obama did that, too?? ()
Date: November 07, 2012 10:18PM

HOA MGR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Then go back and look at the history of the Roman
> Empire and how it fell.

Yeah, nice try, that was Bush's fault. Quit trying to blame Obama for everything.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: HANNIBAL CROSSING ()
Date: November 07, 2012 10:23PM

HOA MGR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> friskydingo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Catering primarily to white straight men over
> the
> > age of whatever isnt going to work any longer.
> > They need to come up with a different model to
> > survive in the 21st century.
>
> Yea, you need to say absolutley nothing with
> content, promise everyone something, chuckle on
> all the late night talk shows and get a few
> dancing monkeys to give you street cred. Its not
> about whats best for the country, its who likes
> you more. Its bloggers & tweets not statistics and
> facts.
> Springsteen owns a 200+ acre farm. Hes a filthy
> rich old white guy who uses loop holes to avoid
> paying taxes. But dam if he didnt get ya'll to
> vote cause he danced and sang for you. JayZ, made
> over 20 mil in 2010 and gave less than $7000.00 to
> charities. I got 99 bitchez and hoes!
>
> You people are being fooled by the best con-man of
> our generation.
>
> Seriously, what has he done?
> Only a few children of illegal immigrants will
> actually get citezenship
> the unempoyment rate (not new filings) is worse
> than it was
> The Keystone piplene is still on the table for
> review
> Obamacare aint going into effect for another 2
> years
>
> And today the markets tanked while the dollar
> dropped in value.
>
> If you can pull yourself away from Facebook for a
> few minutes, take a look at what Greece is going
> through.
>
> Then go back and look at the history of the Roman
> Empire and how it fell.

DEAR GOD HE'S RIGHT!

SOMEONE PROTECT OUR NORTHERN BORDER WE ARE SUSCEPTIBLE FROM ATTACK FROM CARTHAGE!

Shut the fuck up douche you dont know anything about history from 4 years ago, let alone from 1500 years ago. If you take out government job losses our unemployment would be lower than in 2006 let alone after the freefall from the Bush Policies.

Just shut the fuck up and run off into the distance. You were hoping the world would end without a republican in charge, but the truth is, just like under Clinton, we are going to be BETTER off

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: Ito ()
Date: November 07, 2012 11:25PM

HOA MGR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Then go back and look at the history of the Roman
> Empire and how it fell.

Know your history...

When do you think that the Roman Empire fell? If you said 476 A.D., you are off by almost 1000 years.

The real answer is 1453.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: Eastern or Western? ()
Date: November 08, 2012 12:08AM

Ito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HOA MGR Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Then go back and look at the history of the
> Roman
> > Empire and how it fell.
>
> Know your history...
>
> When do you think that the Roman Empire fell? If
> you said 476 A.D., you are off by almost 1000
> years.
>
> The real answer is 1453.


You are being all technical. The eastern empire split off from the western empire. Karl Rove only knows of "The Roman Empire" because he is not intellectually curious enough to have paid attention in 4th or 5th grade when we learned about that shit.

HOA MGR is just repeating talking points anyway. The specter of our empire falling would only come from people who associate with Karl Rove, who believes "We're an empire now. While those of you in the reality-based community try to study history, we make our own reality now".

We're not an empire. We act like an empire, and we have troops spread out like an empire, but the world has changed a lot in a thousand plus years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: November 08, 2012 12:17AM

BigK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As long as the Republican cater to the religous
> right it will only get worse.


I think that's so true. The Republicans need to ditch the religious right like a Hot Pocket. They are an anchor of doom.

However, the bigger questions is how can the republicans, while going after the Hispanic vote, for example, differentiate themselves from the Democrats? What is it that people don't like about the Democrats that the Republicans can work to their advantage?

You can't tell people you're going to cut their benefits either. People want their stuff. So you need to promise the world or the Democrats will eat you for lunch.

The Republican party used to be the party of low taxes, limited government. Now they're the party of low taxes, MASSIVE GOVERNMENT, massive debt, war, and the American Taliban.

To Be fair, the Democrats, under Obama have increased the size of government, increased the debt, increased the undeclared drone war (which have killed at least 600 innocent civilians including 176 children), never closed down Guantanamo, suspended habeas corpus, oh, and declared that the President on his own can issue an execution order for American citizens without a trial (and without so much as an indictment).


If you're interested:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/25/world/asia/pakistan-us-drone-strikes/index.html

http://www.salon.com/2012/03/06/attorney_general_holder_defends_execution_without_charges/

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: 11,000,000 ()
Date: November 08, 2012 07:56AM

Jim smith Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> factsagain. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > They are a shirking party.
> >
> > 2004 Bush Votes:62,040,610
> > 2008 McCain Votes:59,934,814
> > 2012 Romney Votes:57,654292
> >
> > Or Percentage of Population
> >
> > 2004 Bush Votes:21%
> > 2008 McCain Votes:20%
> > 2012 Romney Votes:19%
>
> 2008 Barack Obama votes 69,456,897
> 2012 Barack Obama votes 60,558,670

Obama lost 9 Million voters, why? many reason: Economy, Polices, ect. So not only did 9 million voters did not vote for Obama, republicans got 0 votes from them. So in other words, Republicans lost 11 Million voters this election. (those who didn't vote for Obama, and the 2 million that voted for Mc Cain). That figure should keep republicans up at night.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: HOA MGR ()
Date: November 08, 2012 08:10AM

I love the way the ignorant jump to name calling to try and sound above you.

"If you take out government job losses our unemployment would be lower than in 2006"
Well sure, if you don't count everything. Hmmm, if you twist the truth it makes it sound better. 1+1=2 But if you don't count the second one the anwser will be always be less. Obamanomics 1+0=2.

Keep drinking the Kool-aid blogger boys.


"We're not an empire." And the Arab Spring will continue to grow the Muslim empire. Then without the ablility to protect they can kill the infedels. Dude, there isn't a muslim out there who belives in gay marrage or legalized weed. YOu all keep thinking the whole world thinks like you do.

If you stop playing Halo4 you could learn something from history. Not the propganda your were fed in public schools. Look at modern times and research Greece.

panem et circenses

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: Bobby Collingsworth ()
Date: November 08, 2012 08:17AM

Obama did that, too?? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> HOA MGR Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Then go back and look at the history of the
> Roman
> > Empire and how it fell.
>
> Yeah, nice try, that was Bush's fault. Quit
> trying to blame Obama for everything.


^^^braindead poster. It was the CRA. A program pushed and pushed by democrats that tanked the economy. Look it up. I doubt you will because you are the scarecrow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: Goldman Sachs ()
Date: November 08, 2012 08:21AM

Bobby Collingsworth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Obama did that, too?? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > HOA MGR Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Then go back and look at the history of the
> > Roman
> > > Empire and how it fell.
> >
> > Yeah, nice try, that was Bush's fault. Quit
> > trying to blame Obama for everything.
>
>
> ^^^braindead poster. It was the CRA. A program
> pushed and pushed by democrats that tanked the
> economy. Look it up. I doubt you will because
> you are the scarecrow.


Fucking moron! Rome was owned by the banking cartels and they broke it up to sell it to the Chinese. Also, a lot of slaves took mortgages they couldn't afford. I blame Fannie Mae.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: exxon ()
Date: November 08, 2012 08:22AM

HOA MGR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love the way the ignorant jump to name calling
> to try and sound above you.
>
> "If you take out government job losses our
> unemployment would be lower than in 2006"
> Well sure, if you don't count everything. Hmmm, if
> you twist the truth it makes it sound better.
> 1+1=2 But if you don't count the second one the
> anwser will be always be less. Obamanomics 1+0=2.
>
> Keep drinking the Kool-aid blogger boys.
>
>
> "We're not an empire." And the Arab Spring will
> continue to grow the Muslim empire. Then without
> the ablility to protect they can kill the
> infedels. Dude, there isn't a muslim out there who
> belives in gay marrage or legalized weed. YOu all
> keep thinking the whole world thinks like you do.
>
>
> If you stop playing Halo4 you could learn
> something from history. Not the propganda your
> were fed in public schools. Look at modern times
> and research Greece.
>
> panem et circenses



blogger boys?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: exxon ()
Date: November 08, 2012 08:29AM

Face it, Bush did more damage to the Republican party than anyone expected.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: HOA MGR ()
Date: November 08, 2012 09:05AM

"Face it, Bush did more damage to the Republican party than anyone expected."

Or, the Dems just figured out how to get the young and ignorant to vote.

panem et circenses

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: Bread and Circuses ()
Date: November 08, 2012 09:09AM

HOA MGR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Face it, Bush did more damage to the Republican
> party than anyone expected."
>
> Or, the Dems just figured out how to get the young
> and ignorant to vote.
>
> panem et circenses


Here's another latin Phrase that Alex Jones likes to recite:

"cui bono"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: HOA MGR ()
Date: November 08, 2012 09:28AM

Bread and Circuses ()

"cui bono"

+1

Not sure who Alex Jones is but..I think every voter should ask themselves that question. And every Politician should be asked it as well.

We should be wary of those who avoid anwsering.


Thanks.

cui bono

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: Reptards ()
Date: November 08, 2012 09:40AM

Two reasons:

1) They nominated a shitty candidate (Again)

2) Republican policies don't work and the internet is clearly providing better information to individuals to prove that fact.

3) Videos of republican candidates is very damaging. You can't get away with lies any more.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: Reptards ()
Date: November 08, 2012 09:41AM

Make that three reasons. There were so many I couldn't stop at two.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: November 08, 2012 10:03AM

The reason they lost can be blamed on poster child Sean Hannity. In 2009 he wrote a book that was designed to be a road map for a “Conservative” victory in 2012. The conservatives took the bait, and followed Sean’s advice.

Sean outlined in this book to run “Conservatives" in the primaries against established non conservative Republicans. Support those “Conservatives” in the primaries to get the Republican establishment out. Then spread the “Conservative” message for the general election. This is exactly what the “Conservatives” did. They either put up “Conservatives” to run against Democrats, or their establishment members were forced to go “Conservative,” or be ousted.

Of the 23 Democratic seats in the Senate up for election, Democrats won all 23 races. Of the 10 Republican Senator seats up this year, two were lost. That should have been an impossible scenario to accomplish, but it happened. Also, several Tea Party Representatives lost their seat in this tidal wave.

Of the six Senate seats Karl Rove promised to turn Republican for his billionaire buddies (for a mere $400,000,000, thank you very much), not one Senatorial seat went Republican, not one. They went too ”Conservative” for us, they downplayed women’s issues, and they called polling “gobbidley-goop.” (did I spell that right?). The “Conservatives” screwed this whole thing up. They handed Indiana and North Dakota Senate seats, which they should have had in the bag, to Democrats, and they gave a big push for President Obama to keep the White House, even without Florida’s vote being counted. Take that, Governor Scott!

(Hey Governor, have you read the op-eds yesterday and today? The newspapers in the Sunshine State are calling you a hapless fool).

Karl Rove’s performance here was abysmal. Rumors are flying that his role at Fox News and the Wall Street Journal will quietly diminish this year. Others at Fox News, are rumored to be phased out even more quickly, including Sarah Palin, and Dick Morris. Newt Gingrich, Sean Hannity, and Mike Huckabee may be spared, but Tucker Carlson has been itching for the Hannity spot, and Hannity has no room to negotiate up now. The four years on Hannity's contract may be renegotiated forcibly, with Tucker standing outside the room. It will be a bloodbath at Fox News.

Where did the Republicans go wrong? Trusting Sean Hannity and Karl Rove’s (and whoever is behind the curtain behind Sean and Karl) plan.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2012 10:24AM by FUNdamental.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: November 08, 2012 10:14AM

I am sorry, Republican lost three Senate seats, not two. I need some sleep.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Date: November 08, 2012 10:33AM

HOA MGR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Face it, Bush did more damage to the Republican
> party than anyone expected."
>
> Or, the Dems just figured out how to get the young
> and ignorant to vote.
>
> panem et circenses

President Obama won, Mittens lost.

Res ipsa loquitur.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: Long Live Veggie Libs ()
Date: November 08, 2012 11:04AM

The burger bubble has peaked and popped. The surge in salad joints means that libs will be transcendant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: onlyeighteen percent ()
Date: November 08, 2012 11:08AM

Only %18 of americans saw him as a regular joe.

Thus he lost.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Reason why the Republicans Lost.....
Posted by: Sam the Man ()
Date: November 08, 2012 01:01PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The reason they lost can be blamed on poster child
> Sean Hannity. In 2009 he wrote a book that was
> designed to be a road map for a “Conservative”
> victory in 2012. The conservatives took the
> bait, and followed Sean’s advice.
>
> Sean outlined in this book to run
> “Conservatives" in the primaries against
> established non conservative Republicans. Support
> those “Conservatives” in the primaries to get
> the Republican establishment out. Then spread the
> “Conservative” message for the general
> election. This is exactly what the
> “Conservatives” did. They either put up
> “Conservatives” to run against Democrats, or
> their establishment members were forced to go
> “Conservative,” or be ousted.
>
> Of the 23 Democratic seats in the Senate up for
> election, Democrats won all 23 races. Of the 10
> Republican Senator seats up this year, two were
> lost. That should have been an impossible
> scenario to accomplish, but it happened. Also,
> several Tea Party Representatives lost their seat
> in this tidal wave.
>
> Of the six Senate seats Karl Rove promised to turn
> Republican for his billionaire buddies (for a mere
> $400,000,000, thank you very much), not one
> Senatorial seat went Republican, not one. They
> went too ”Conservative” for us, they
> downplayed women’s issues, and they called
> polling “gobbidley-goop.” (did I spell that
> right?). The “Conservatives” screwed this
> whole thing up. They handed Indiana and North
> Dakota Senate seats, which they should have had in
> the bag, to Democrats, and they gave a big push
> for President Obama to keep the White House, even
> without Florida’s vote being counted. Take
> that, Governor Scott!
>
> (Hey Governor, have you read the op-eds yesterday
> and today? The newspapers in the Sunshine State
> are calling you a hapless fool).
>
> Karl Rove’s performance here was abysmal.
> Rumors are flying that his role at Fox News and
> the Wall Street Journal will quietly diminish this
> year. Others at Fox News, are rumored to be
> phased out even more quickly, including Sarah
> Palin, and Dick Morris. Newt Gingrich, Sean
> Hannity, and Mike Huckabee may be spared, but
> Tucker Carlson has been itching for the Hannity
> spot, and Hannity has no room to negotiate up now.
> The four years on Hannity's contract may be
> renegotiated forcibly, with Tucker standing
> outside the room. It will be a bloodbath at Fox
> News.
>
> Where did the Republicans go wrong? Trusting Sean
> Hannity and Karl Rove’s (and whoever is behind
> the curtain behind Sean and Karl) plan.


Wow, best analysis I heard all day!

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
 **     **  **    **  **      **  ********    ******  
 ***   ***  **   **   **  **  **  **     **  **    ** 
 **** ****  **  **    **  **  **  **     **  **       
 ** *** **  *****     **  **  **  **     **  **       
 **     **  **  **    **  **  **  **     **  **       
 **     **  **   **   **  **  **  **     **  **    ** 
 **     **  **    **   ***  ***   ********    ******  
This forum powered by Phorum.