HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Joe Friday ()
Date: October 26, 2012 11:12PM

Know this shoud be "upstairs". Just like the posts here better. Have Generator..Not much gas...3 five gallon jugs. Should last me 3 days. Can always fill few more if Sandy hits us. What are you guys/girls doing?

Some. ignoring. Some, as I, just trying to get through 3-5 days. Discuss if you wish. Think it is a good topic. Screw you if you wish, lol.

Love the old time posters thoughts. They are always the best..and teach me.:)

Have a good night.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: HOA MGR ()
Date: October 26, 2012 11:19PM

Sandy, isn't that the same bitch who setup Mayor (for Life) Barry?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: October 26, 2012 11:22PM

Joe Friday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Know this shoud be "upstairs". Just like the
> posts here better. Have Generator..Not much
> gas...3 five gallon jugs. Should last me 3 days.
> Can always fill few more if Sandy hits us. What
> are you guys/girls doing?
>
> Some. ignoring. Some, as I, just trying to get
> through 3-5 days. Discuss if you wish. Think it
> is a good topic. Screw you if you wish, lol.
>
> Love the old time posters thoughts. They are
> always the best..and teach me.:)
>
> Have a good night.

what qualifies as an old time poster? do i meet these requirements? should i weigh in on this issue?

corn, canned corn explicitly.

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 26, 2012 11:35PM

Fill the empty space in your freezer with containers of ice. I learned this a long time ago and it helps.

Fill bowls, plastic bottles, anything that holds water, and occupy every empty space in your freezer with it. My freezer is stuffed right now with more than a dozen old 16 oz. plastic bottles filled with water. It'll freeze over night and keep the freezer space chilled if the power goes off. There's seriously no more room left in my freezer, it's either food or containers of ice.

Easy to do, just fill them up with water then throw them out if you need more room for food. I lost power for 48+ hours during the derecho in June, but my freezer stayed frozen the whole time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: October 26, 2012 11:40PM

have plenty of ice ready, my cooler's ready, I have 6 gallons of water, 2 cases of beer, full tank of propane for the grill, and plenty of canned food. Rope, duct tape, batteries, full magazines, Im ready for at least a week.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Joe Friday ()
Date: October 26, 2012 11:44PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fill the empty space in your freezer with
> containers of ice. I learned this a long time ago
> and it helps.
>
> Fill bowls, plastic bottles, anything that holds
> water, and occupy every empty space in your
> freezer with it. My freezer is stuffed right now
> with more than a dozen old 16 oz. plastic bottles
> filled with water. It'll freeze over night and
> keep the freezer space chilled if the power goes
> off. There's seriously no more room left in my
> freezer, it's either food or containers of ice.
>
> Easy to do, just fill them up with water then
> throw them out if you need more room for food. I
> lost power for 48+ hours during the derecho in
> June, but my freezer stayed frozen the whole time.


Thanks so much Meeper. Will do what you are doing. 2 brains are better then one:) BTY, Always love your posts. Thanks again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: October 26, 2012 11:44PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fill the empty space in your freezer with
> containers of ice. I learned this a long time ago
> and it helps.
>
> Fill bowls, plastic bottles, anything that holds
> water, and occupy every empty space in your
> freezer with it. My freezer is stuffed right now
> with more than a dozen old 16 oz. plastic bottles
> filled with water. It'll freeze over night and
> keep the freezer space chilled if the power goes
> off. There's seriously no more room left in my
> freezer, it's either food or containers of ice.
>
> Easy to do, just fill them up with water then
> throw them out if you need more room for food. I
> lost power for 48+ hours during the derecho in
> June, but my freezer stayed frozen the whole time.

I do this same thing. Everyone laughs at me.... so I just call them stupid.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: October 26, 2012 11:51PM

bloody blisters Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> corn, canned corn explicitly.

tuna, canned tuna explicitly.

wine, in anything.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: tomahawk ()
Date: October 26, 2012 11:54PM

Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rope, duct tape, batteries, full
> magazines, Im ready for at least a week.

Don't forget bleach, surgical knives, smelling salts, apron, face shield, and rubber gloves.

Oh, wait, this is for a hurricane? Sorry, wrong thread...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: bloody blisters ()
Date: October 27, 2012 12:02AM

Joe Friday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TheMeeper Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Fill the empty space in your freezer with
> > containers of ice. I learned this a long time
> ago
> > and it helps.
> >
> > Fill bowls, plastic bottles, anything that
> holds
> > water, and occupy every empty space in your
> > freezer with it. My freezer is stuffed right
> now
> > with more than a dozen old 16 oz. plastic
> bottles
> > filled with water. It'll freeze over night and
> > keep the freezer space chilled if the power
> goes
> > off. There's seriously no more room left in my
> > freezer, it's either food or containers of ice.
> >
> > Easy to do, just fill them up with water then
> > throw them out if you need more room for food.
> I
> > lost power for 48+ hours during the derecho in
> > June, but my freezer stayed frozen the whole
> time.
>
>
> Thanks so much Meeper. Will do what you are doing.
> 2 brains are better then one:) BTY, Always love
> your posts. Thanks again.


is this some sort of faggy feel good thread or is this a survival thread??!

corn, has all the nutrents yuul need for livin. dont believe me? fuck YUUUU

Attachments:

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Bill Nye ()
Date: October 27, 2012 12:11AM

So here we are about 3 or 4 days away from what may be the worst storm for the Northeast since humans populated the area. I'm not kidding, that is a possibility.

We know neither how strong this beast will be or exactly who will get the worst of it. Why? Because what is about to happen is unprecedented in the years that human have attempted to understand how the atmosphere works. Hurricanes have merged with colder air as an energetic jet stream interacts before. But perhaps not with the intensity of the factors coming into play this time.

A similar scenario has happened before, back in 1991 ... the "Perfect Storm" of movie and book lore was born. Forecasts of that storm were awful leading up to it. The center of that system never made landfall along the East Coast. In fact, at its strongest the core of that storm was a few hundred miles east of New England. Here's what resulted: 80 mph winds and 25-foot waves on the Massachusetts Coast.

Offshore buoys recorded 40-foot waves (that is enough to swallow a fishing boat). The Maryland Coast recorded record high tides. The lowest barometric pressure with that storm was 972 mb (that corresponds to 28.70" for those of you who are familiar with those units). Some computer forecast models drop the lowest pressure with Sandy to below 940 mb (27.75"). If you have a barometer at home, take a look at it - it doesn't go that low. If that occurs, this storm will bring the lowest barometric pressure ever recorded on the East Coast.

Low pressure means wind, an tropical storm force winds already extend hundreds of miles away from the center of Sandy. Some believe as the storm approaches the coast it may intensify which means stronger winds. That means a widespread area of damage and power outages in the most populated part of the country.

But here's the problem ... the computer forecast models that all the forecasters will lean on so heavily have no chance of getting this exactly right. Models are either configured (numerically, in terms of the mathematical equations that drive them), to handle either tropical system well, or what we call mid-latitude systems well, that is ones with warm and cold air clashing. There is no model that handles both well.

The hurricane will merge with colder air and energy from the jet stream and transition from a tropical system into what we call an extratropical one. Historically the computer forecast models are not good when this happens. The latest National Hurricane Center forecast takes Sandy early Tuesday into the New Jersey or Delaware Coast on a westward track (which by the way has NEVER happened since we have been keeping track of these sort of things).

They may be weighing the models that handle tropical system a bit more heavily, but those models should become less accurate as the colder, mid-latitude air works into Sandy's circulation near landfall. As of early this afternoon we have a threat or landfall anywhere between the eastern shore of Maryland and Massachusetts. It may be later Monday or even as late as early Wednesday. We will hear about this storm for weeks after it happens. Homes will fall into the ocean and lives will be lost. If the damaging winds are widespread enough, it may be one of the costliest weather events in U.S. history due to the population likely affected.

Hopefully those near and along the coast in the Northeast are preparing for what will certainly be one for the ages.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: don't think shit will happen ()
Date: October 27, 2012 12:14AM

I'm not taking this storm seriously

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: ------------- ()
Date: October 27, 2012 12:17AM

Worst case scenario for Fairfax County -- massive power outages that last 4 or 5 days and a handful of people killed by falling trees. Oh yeah, a couple of fucked up houses that they show on the local TV news.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: locked & loaded ()
Date: October 27, 2012 09:03AM

Joe Friday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Know this shoud be "upstairs". Just like the
> posts here better. Have Generator..Not much
> gas...3 five gallon jugs. Should last me 3 days.
> Can always fill few more if Sandy hits us. What
> are you guys/girls doing?
>

just went out and bought some extra gas for the generator and picked up some extra food for stuff like sandwiches and salads. gonna cook a bunch of rice and pasta dishes to keep on hand, stuff that can be heated up easily on the camping stove. finally brought in all the patio furniture in case of high winds and also walked next door and threw a brick thru my neighbors front window, big bay window completely smashed in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: CERTenly3456765 ()
Date: October 27, 2012 09:38AM

Not me, CERT is ready!!! CERT ROCKS!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: manmade ()
Date: October 27, 2012 10:38AM

bloody blisters Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Joe Friday Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > TheMeeper Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > Fill the empty space in your freezer with
> > > containers of ice. I learned this a long
> time
> > ago
> > > and it helps.
> > >
> > > Fill bowls, plastic bottles, anything that
> > holds
> > > water, and occupy every empty space in your
> > > freezer with it. My freezer is stuffed right
> > now
> > > with more than a dozen old 16 oz. plastic
> > bottles
> > > filled with water. It'll freeze over night
> and
> > > keep the freezer space chilled if the power
> > goes
> > > off. There's seriously no more room left in
> my
> > > freezer, it's either food or containers of
> ice.
> > >
> > > Easy to do, just fill them up with water then
> > > throw them out if you need more room for food.
>
> > I
> > > lost power for 48+ hours during the derecho
> in
> > > June, but my freezer stayed frozen the whole
> > time.
> >
> >
> > Thanks so much Meeper. Will do what you are
> doing.
> > 2 brains are better then one:) BTY, Always
> love
> > your posts. Thanks again.
>
>
> is this some sort of faggy feel good thread or is
> this a survival thread??!
>
> corn, has all the nutrents yuul need for livin.
> dont believe me? fuck YUUUU


we just seen something on tv about corn realizing that it's manmade. it's originally from grass that was scientifically engineered to turn it into corn. most corn kernels arent even edible until its schucked and processed. really disturbed by this because corn supposedly plays such a huge roll in our lives that we wouldnt be able to survive without it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Ito ()
Date: October 27, 2012 10:53AM

manmade Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> we just seen something on tv about corn realizing
> that it's manmade. it's originally from grass
> that was scientifically engineered to turn it into
> corn. most corn kernels arent even edible until
> its schucked and processed. really disturbed by
> this because corn supposedly plays such a huge
> roll in our lives that we wouldnt be able to
> survive without it.

Corn was selectively bred over thousands of years to become the crop we know today. True it is now also being "scientifically" bred as well.

This is true of all of our crops. The original apples were small crabapple-like fruits from Central Asia. Wheat and rice have also been selectively bred to not only bear more, but also to be able to be planted and harvested in a wide range of climates from Canada to India.

A really interesting thing to look at is the domestication and breeding of the chicken. There are 50 BILLION chickens in the world raised for human consumption. Cows, sheep and goats have altered the landscape and are changing the environment of the planet more than most human activity.

The thing that irritates me the most about the "Global Warming" issue is that CO2 is only one small part of what we have been doing to our environment. Deforestation and pollution is easily visible and gets a lot of coverage, but our monoculture farming and lack of biodiversity in crops is an equally dangerous phenomenon that could easily kill us in the coming years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: October 27, 2012 11:17AM

Bill Nye Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So here we are about 3 or 4 days away from what
> may be the worst storm for the Northeast since
> humans populated the area. I'm not kidding, that
> is a possibility.

Oh, Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick. Everyone freaked the fuck out about Isabelle, and all we got was a bunch of rain. The derechochocento or whatever it's called took the area completely by surprise, caused widespread outages, and there were still only two deaths from tragic accidents.

Stock up on water and canned food if you don't feel like going to the supermarket with the rest of the Chicken Littles who think this is going to be the end of the world. When the storm passes, I guarantee you're going to have plenty of water and canned food left.

It is impossible for people to die of thirst or starvation in Northern Virginia because of bad weather. Keep calm and carry on.

--------------------------------------------------------------
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Corn is a grain, what a pain. ()
Date: October 27, 2012 11:25AM

Ito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Corn was selectively bred over thousands of years
> to become the crop we know today. True it is now
> also being "scientifically" bred as well.
>
> This is true of all of our crops. The original
> apples were small crabapple-like fruits from
> Central Asia. Wheat and rice have also been
> selectively bred to not only bear more, but also
> to be able to be planted and harvested in a wide
> range of climates from Canada to India.
>

Okay, I always laugh when people call Corn a vegetable. It's a grain. Not everything that grows in the dirt is a vegetable. jeez.

Look at Cabbage, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Kale and Brussels Sprouts. Exact same plant, just bred for centuries to favor certain traits in each.


>
> The thing that irritates me the most about the
> "Global Warming" issue is that CO2 is only one
> small part of what we have been doing to our
> environment. Deforestation and pollution is easily
> visible and gets a lot of coverage, but our

That's why most of the big polluters got behind the global warming movement early. If everyone's worried about CO2, they'll forget about mercury, perchlorate, and other chemicals being dumped into our drinking water.


> monoculture farming and lack of biodiversity in
> crops is an equally dangerous phenomenon that
> could easily kill us in the coming years.

I agree.

But it is much easier to make a profit if you control the seed, the fertilizer, and the chemicals that you breed your seeds to be resistant to.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: no responsibilities ()
Date: October 27, 2012 11:46AM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh, Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick. Everyone
> freaked the fuck out about Isabelle, and all we
> got was a bunch of rain. The derechochocento or
> whatever it's called took the area completely by
> surprise, caused widespread outages, and there
> were still only two deaths from tragic accidents.
>
> Stock up on water and canned food if you don't
> feel like going to the supermarket with the rest
> of the Chicken Littles who think this is going to
> be the end of the world. When the storm passes, I
> guarantee you're going to have plenty of water and
> canned food left.
>


I remember sounding like you when I only had myself to take care of and when I lived in an apartment I didn't own.

Have a few babies and own your own home......

Find out what's it's like when your power goes out and your one year-old falls down the stairs.

Enjoy a screaming baby when you can't heat up the bottle.

And, ooops, don't be a chicken little and buy a few extra bags of diapers. That would be so un-cool.

Feeding just yourself is so cute.

Try being responsible for a family with three or four little kids.

Oh, and when you own a home and a tree falls on your roof, just say to yourself, ahhh, WTF, the storm will end and everything will be just fine.

You don't have a clue, sweetie.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: October 27, 2012 12:16PM

LOL! Listen to yourself!

no responsibilities Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Find out what's it's like when your power goes out
> and your one year-old falls down the stairs.

Why is your one year-old unattended, near the stairs, during a hurricane?

> Enjoy a screaming baby when you can't heat up the
> bottle.

You can't think of a way to heat up a bottle of formula without modern conveniences?

> And, ooops, don't be a chicken little and buy a
> few extra bags of diapers. That would be so
> un-cool.

Because diapers are necessary for the survival of your child, and totally not a convenience. There is literally no way you could come up with an alternative when the scary wet stuff falling from the sky prevents you from getting to a grocery store for a day or two.

> Feeding just yourself is so cute.
>
> Try being responsible for a family with three or
> four little kids.

I'm sure it's rocket science considering how humans have been raising kids for thousands and thousands of years without all the modern luxuries we have.

> Oh, and when you own a home and a tree falls on
> your roof, just say to yourself, ahhh, WTF, the
> storm will end and everything will be just fine.

There's no way you can prepare for accidents like this, short of keeping your trees trimmed, removing dead branches, making sure the tree is healthy, having homeowner's insurance, staying away from sections of the house that the tree may fall on...

> You don't have a clue, sweetie.

Clearly.

--------------------------------------------------------------
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Breeders are special people ()
Date: October 27, 2012 12:38PM

no responsibilities Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I remember sounding like you when I only had
> myself to take care of and when I lived in an
> apartment I didn't own.
>
> Have a few babies and own your own home......

I know this wasn't directed at me, but I can't stand this self-righteous attitude. You act like being able to pop out a baby makes you more important than everyone else, and your needs are greater than anyone else's.

I own my own home. I made a rational decision not to breed and create little spawn.



>
> Find out what's it's like when your power goes out
> and your one year-old falls down the stairs.
>

Is it any different from when your one year-old falls down the stairs and the power hasn't gone out? Shame on you for not baby-proofing your house like a proper helicopter parent.


> Enjoy a screaming baby when you can't heat up the
> bottle.

I never enjoy screaming babies. That's why I won't ever have one.

But, I have been through real disasters where there is no power and was required to boil my drinking water. I've been in isolated cabins during blizzards and was unable to leave the cabin other than to ensure the snow has not covered my exits. I've had trees fall into my house during hurricanes, and had flooding in basements and real damage. Windows shattered by debris. These are things that happen in life.




>
> And, ooops, don't be a chicken little and buy a
> few extra bags of diapers. That would be so
> un-cool.

Bags of diapers are a consumer product. I know people that use cloth diapers, and can hand-wash them if necessary. If you depend on a brand name product, and don't have access to that product, you should have an alternative.

What would you do if you ran out of baby formula? What did the settlers of the west do without formula, in the first place?

It's not my fault you came to rely on products.

>
> Feeding just yourself is so cute.
>

It is, isn't it?

> Try being responsible for a family with three or
> four little kids.
>

No thanks. But if I was, it wouldn't be as hard as you make it out to be. Maybe you lack some skills that should just be human nature.

> Oh, and when you own a home and a tree falls on
> your roof, just say to yourself, ahhh, WTF, the
> storm will end and everything will be just fine.
>

Stay out of the affected room(s) if a tree damages your roof. Remove any valuables and other things that you can salvage before they get ruined by water damage. BFD. I was in a tropical storm and my house was severely damaged by falling trees. Half of the house was uninhabitable for months, it cost me $65,000 to repair. I fought with my insurance company over whether it was wind, water or "other" damage for a year and a half.


> You don't have a clue, sweetie.


Neither do you, honey.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: October 27, 2012 12:38PM

no responsibilities Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MrMephisto Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Oh, Jesus H. Christ on a pogo stick. Everyone
> > freaked the fuck out about Isabelle, and all we
> > got was a bunch of rain. The derechochocento or
> > whatever it's called took the area completely
> by
> > surprise, caused widespread outages, and there
> > were still only two deaths from tragic
> accidents.
> >
> > Stock up on water and canned food if you don't
> > feel like going to the supermarket with the
> rest
> > of the Chicken Littles who think this is going
> to
> > be the end of the world. When the storm passes,
> I
> > guarantee you're going to have plenty of water
> and
> > canned food left.
> >
>
>
> I remember sounding like you when I only had
> myself to take care of and when I lived in an
> apartment I didn't own.
>
> Have a few babies and own your own home......
>
> Find out what's it's like when your power goes out
> and your one year-old falls down the stairs.
>
> Enjoy a screaming baby when you can't heat up the
> bottle.
>
> And, ooops, don't be a chicken little and buy a
> few extra bags of diapers. That would be so
> un-cool.
>
> Feeding just yourself is so cute.
>
> Try being responsible for a family with three or
> four little kids.
>
> Oh, and when you own a home and a tree falls on
> your roof, just say to yourself, ahhh, WTF, the
> storm will end and everything will be just fine.
>
> You don't have a clue, sweetie.




This wasn't offering an opposing view, it was just someone pretending to be a mother so they could attack Mephisto.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: October 27, 2012 12:42PM

Breeders are special people Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...

Is there an echo in here?

--------------------------------------------------------------
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: what a moron ()
Date: October 27, 2012 01:08PM

Breeders are special people Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> no responsibilities Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> > I remember sounding like you when I only had
> > myself to take care of and when I lived in an
> > apartment I didn't own.
> >
> > Have a few babies and own your own home......
>
> I know this wasn't directed at me, but I can't
> stand this self-righteous attitude. You act like
> being able to pop out a baby makes you more
> important than everyone else, and your needs are
> greater than anyone else's.
>
> I own my own home. I made a rational decision not
> to breed and create little spawn.
>
>
>
> >
> > Find out what's it's like when your power goes
> out
> > and your one year-old falls down the stairs.
> >
>
> Is it any different from when your one year-old
> falls down the stairs and the power hasn't gone
> out? Shame on you for not baby-proofing your
> house like a proper helicopter parent.
>
>
> > Enjoy a screaming baby when you can't heat up
> the
> > bottle.
>
> I never enjoy screaming babies. That's why I
> won't ever have one.
>
> But, I have been through real disasters where
> there is no power and was required to boil my
> drinking water. I've been in isolated cabins
> during blizzards and was unable to leave the cabin
> other than to ensure the snow has not covered my
> exits. I've had trees fall into my house during
> hurricanes, and had flooding in basements and real
> damage. Windows shattered by debris. These are
> things that happen in life.
>
>
>
>
> >
> > And, ooops, don't be a chicken little and buy a
> > few extra bags of diapers. That would be so
> > un-cool.
>
> Bags of diapers are a consumer product. I know
> people that use cloth diapers, and can hand-wash
> them if necessary. If you depend on a brand name
> product, and don't have access to that product,
> you should have an alternative.
>
> What would you do if you ran out of baby formula?
> What did the settlers of the west do without
> formula, in the first place?
>
> It's not my fault you came to rely on products.
>
> >
> > Feeding just yourself is so cute.
> >
>
> It is, isn't it?
>
> > Try being responsible for a family with three
> or
> > four little kids.
> >
>
> No thanks. But if I was, it wouldn't be as hard
> as you make it out to be. Maybe you lack some
> skills that should just be human nature.
>
> > Oh, and when you own a home and a tree falls on
> > your roof, just say to yourself, ahhh, WTF, the
> > storm will end and everything will be just
> fine.
> >
>
> Stay out of the affected room(s) if a tree damages
> your roof. Remove any valuables and other things
> that you can salvage before they get ruined by
> water damage. BFD. I was in a tropical storm and
> my house was severely damaged by falling trees.
> Half of the house was uninhabitable for months, it
> cost me $65,000 to repair. I fought with my
> insurance company over whether it was wind, water
> or "other" damage for a year and a half.
>
>
> > You don't have a clue, sweetie.
>
>
> Neither do you, honey.


Too bad your mother didn't abort you.

You sound retarded.

If you can't understand the difference between taking care of a family and taking care of only yourself, then you are an idiot.

Actually, I think idiots like you should be put to sleep.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: October 27, 2012 01:10PM

what a moron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Too bad your mother didn't abort you.
>
> You sound retarded.
>
> If you can't understand the difference between
> taking care of a family and taking care of only
> yourself, then you are an idiot.
>
> Actually, I think idiots like you should be put to
> sleep.....

Don't worry, the hurricane will kill us all. Families, single people, ,morons, geniuses... This is it. It's all over. There's no hope left. Sandy is the end of all things.

More like Hurricane Gozer, amirite?

--------------------------------------------------------------
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Survivalist 1 ()
Date: October 27, 2012 01:16PM

Not gonna kill me. I'm holed up in my Clark County cabin with plenty of firearms, ammo, food and water. No zombie invasion from the aftermaths of the hurricane is gonna get me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: October 27, 2012 01:22PM

Survivalist 1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not gonna kill me. I'm holed up in my Clark
> County cabin with plenty of firearms, ammo, food
> and water. No zombie invasion from the aftermaths
> of the hurricane is gonna get me.

Your guns are useless against it. It will collapse the roof on your head, wrestle the gun from your hand, and shoot you in the face. Then, the hurricane will desecrate your corpse, track down all of your relatives, and beat them to death with a hammer.

It can't be stopped. It can't be bargained with. We are all doomed.

--------------------------------------------------------------
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 27, 2012 01:29PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Your guns are useless against it.
>

Not if you're properly trained on how to handle a firearm. As soon as that wind starts picking up, go outside and start firing in every direction.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: October 27, 2012 01:47PM

Hurricane Sandy = Cthulhu




-
Attachments:
Hurricane Sandy.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: October 27, 2012 02:26PM

Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> have plenty of ice ready, my cooler's ready, I
> have 6 gallons of water, 2 cases of beer, full
> tank of propane for the grill, and plenty of
> canned food. Rope, duct tape, batteries, full
> magazines, Im ready for at least a week.



Prior to Sandy becoming an issue, I already had 3 cases of bottled water, 3 gallons of water, two full propane tanks for the man-grill, duct tape and batteries. All I've purchased is two more propane cylinders to operate my camping grill, camping stove and camping griddle. If it's too windy and I lose power, I can still cook in the garage.

We generally do our grocery shopping on Sundays, but we went today and didn't really deviate from what we normally get, but I did grab one extra loaf of bread and concentrated more on foodstuff that doesn't require freezing or refrigeration. I still got milk and some meat, which I'm freezing now. If we lose power for an extended period of time, I can take the frozen meat out, stash in a cooler of ice and cook as needed. I'll probably get two bags of ice tomorrow and keep in my basement deep freezer until it's needed. We'll see what happens.

My biggest "prep" was taking down the halloween decorations and consoliating the patio furniture and stuff under the deck.

__________________________________
That's not a ladybug, that's a cannapiller.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Yucky24. ()
Date: October 27, 2012 02:31PM

I prepared for the hurricane by carving pumpkins with my nieces and nephews. It was adorable.

You know you're getting old when spending time with your relatives blows your mind...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Bring it on bitch! ()
Date: October 27, 2012 02:31PM

.
Attachments:
lqP86.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: October 27, 2012 02:53PM

I am.

That whole eye thing is just too weird for my taste.
Attachments:
little-orphan-annie-sandy1.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: October 27, 2012 02:59PM

Breeders are special people Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bullshit


What an asshole you are.

You think because you kept your OWN fat ass warm in a cabin, you're a big strong man?

It's nothing taking care of only YOURSELF in a storm; even an idiot like you should be able to do that.

And, how nice that you know some people who use cloth diapers. WOW, bully for them. I did that, too, until the second kid was born.

It must be fun washing out that poop and urine when there's no electric to run the washing machine. Maybe you should volunteer to eat the poop; you sound like a piece of shit.

Hope your friends don't run chicken-little to the grocery story to buy some cheerios for those brats of theirs. Oh wait, they make their own cheerios right?

Oh, and thanks for the roof tip. A man all alone knows how to hunker down during a storm and deal with a tree crashing through the roof. BIG FUCKING DEAL!!

Thank god you're not a parent.... you'd suck at it.

Ya see, moron, kids run around. While you're fucking with your roof, you won't notice that the two year old in that poopy diaper just walked out the door, or that your six year old is up in his room lighting matches. And, what are ya gonna do with the kid just learning how to walk? Tie it to the wall?

You are such an angry, arrogant man, you'd probably kill the kids.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: October 27, 2012 03:20PM

This is Northern Virginia, Alias. Children are the nanny's problem.

--------------------------------------------------------------
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: October 27, 2012 03:41PM

MrMephisto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is Northern Virginia, Alias. Children are the
> nanny's problem.

I know....

I was one of those idiots who stayed home with the kids.... and had the neighbor's kids in my house, too.

I enjoyed them all.

Of course, I don't talk to kids like they're idiots and they know not to fuck around with me. So, we get along jussst fine.

During storms... like Isabel, when we were without electric for 2 weeks and school was closed, I had lots of kids hanging out at my house. We had fun.

I actually enjoy losing power.

I love the silence... no heat pumps running.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: October 27, 2012 03:49PM

How did you survive without diapers or warm baby formula? I'm calling bullshit.

--------------------------------------------------------------
There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Kittie ()
Date: October 27, 2012 03:50PM

Alias seems angry these days. What's wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: powerless ()
Date: October 27, 2012 03:53PM

Alias Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> During storms... like Isabel, when we were without
> electric for 2 weeks and school was closed

our power was off for 4 days and nights during isabel and it was scary. something was coming up onto our porch late at night and jumping, and one night we thought we saw a sea hag emerge from the woods behind our house. never wanna go thru that again, it was the worst night of my life.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Breeders are special people ()
Date: October 27, 2012 04:28PM

Alias Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Breeders are special people Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > bullshit
>
>
> What an asshole you are.


I may just be an asshole. But I'm not an asshole who thinks he's special just because he bred a few kids.

>
> You think because you kept your OWN fat ass warm
> in a cabin, you're a big strong man?
>

I'm not fat. I'm big boned! (actually, I'm quite skinny, but what the heck)

Who said I was alone in that cabin? I have family, and some have children. They just aren't self-absorbed soccer moms.


> It's nothing taking care of only YOURSELF in a
> storm; even an idiot like you should be able to do
> that.
>

Took care of myself, several children, and my sister-in-law.

> And, how nice that you know some people who use
> cloth diapers. WOW, bully for them. I did that,
> too, until the second kid was born.
>

Didn't think it was anything special. Just don't know why people believe they NEED pampers or whatever product.


> It must be fun washing out that poop and urine
> when there's no electric to run the washing
> machine. Maybe you should volunteer to eat the
> poop; you sound like a piece of shit.

Shit doesn't taste very good. Never tried it, but I can just imagine.

There's a thing called a diaper bin. If the power goes out, you should be able to go a day or two without washing the daipers. When you used cloth diapers, you did flush the shit down the toilet and rinsed them out in the tub, didn't you?



>
> Hope your friends don't run chicken-little to the
> grocery story to buy some cheerios for those brats
> of theirs. Oh wait, they make their own cheerios
> right?

Hmmm. Why would you make your own cheerios? That's a commercial product with a registered trademark.

Everyone I know already has what they need for the next few days. No need to run out and hoard. The sun will come out right after the storm passes, and whether we have electricity or not, the grocery stores will be open and restocked. Maybe if we were on an island or someplace where it was possible that the only bridge could get knocked out, then we'd go out and stock up for a 2 week seige, or more appropriately, move to safer ground before anything happened.

>
> Oh, and thanks for the roof tip. A man all alone
> knows how to hunker down during a storm and deal
> with a tree crashing through the roof. BIG FUCKING
> DEAL!!
>

Again, wasn't alone. What is it about breeders that they believe you are either married with 8 kids running around in a melee, or you are all alone without anything but their sad selves?

> Thank god you're not a parent.... you'd suck at
> it.

I'm actually very good at it. When it's other people's kids, and those kids weren't raised by self-absorbed helicopter parents who bitch about the public schools and run to the grocery store anytime the weather gets a little active.


>
> Ya see, moron, kids run around. While you're
> fucking with your roof, you won't notice that the
> two year old in that poopy diaper just walked out
> the door, or that your six year old is up in his
> room lighting matches. And, what are ya gonna do
> with the kid just learning how to walk? Tie it to
> the wall?
>

No, but my family raises their kids better, I guess.

> You are such an angry, arrogant man, you'd
> probably kill the kids.

No. Not angry. Not arrogant. But it sounds like I might kill your's if I had to deal with them for too long.

I have a cousin out in Oakland who raises her kid the way it sounds like you do. That little shit abuses the hell out of my brother's kids and my other cousins' kids whenever we have family reunions. We stopped inviting her because she couldn't discipline him and only indulges his tantrums. You should hear her complain about the county schools out there.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: October 27, 2012 04:42PM

Angry?

Nooo. Not at all. I just can't stand assholes.

And the guy who thinks it's just as easy to assess a child's injuries in the dark as in the light is one gigantic asshole.

Can't you just see this idiot with his flashlight and an unconscious kid.

What would this prick do if the ambulance couldn't get to his house because a big fucking tree was blocking the road?

What would he do with the other kids when he has to run through the woods with his child in his arms to meet the ambulance?

Oh no.... what would he do? Leave them? Can't do that.... they're just babies, too. OMG, what a dilemma. But, he's such a big smart man, he'd figure it all out.

This guy is such a gigantic asshole the EPA should consider him toxic waste and bury him in a hole.

Or, and this is my preferred solution, he should be tied to railroad tracks wearing a diaper full of poop.

Now that's what I call baby proofing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: October 27, 2012 04:48PM

Sorry, my post was addressed to Kitty, but the gigantic asshole posted before me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Alias ()
Date: October 27, 2012 05:46PM

One more comment to the gigantic asshole.

You don't like commercial products?

You're typing on a computer, fat ass.

Do you drive a car, asshole? Or is your poopy fat ass too fat to sit in one?

Do you use a cell phone, poop head. You probably have one of those smart phones, right asshole?

Here's what the gigantic asshole will say. Well, those are necessities.....

See, with assholes, especially gigantic ones, necessities are only necessities if the gigantic asshole, himself, desires them.

Arrogance is a mental disorder.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: PSE ()
Date: October 27, 2012 06:03PM

Alias: Please stop taking up so much space with your writing.

















































it is annoying.






































































me me me me me

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: GiganticAsshole ()
Date: October 27, 2012 06:50PM

PSE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alias: Please stop taking up so much space with
> your writing.


Thanks eesh.

Soon there won't be any space left for my gigantic asshole.

And, I'm not finished yelling at young mothers who use commercial diapers when they could do what our ancestors did and use cloth.

I think tampons are ridiculous, too.

So are cherrios.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Joe Friday ()
Date: October 27, 2012 10:15PM

OK. Sorry all. I feel like a dip wad, lol. I have not responded to any posts, even though I was the OP. Just been busy with Grandchildren, and trying to get ready for the storm myself.

I am 50-50. We will get a bad "storm", or we are going to be screwed...power out for a week, etc. For safety reasons, I am going with the latter.

What somewhat sucks even more is, as usual, the weather people are trying hard, but don't have a fu_king clue as to what we are really in for.

Errrr....anyway, hope everyone is doing well....take precautions as well as you can..stay safe:)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Date: October 27, 2012 10:23PM

They're expecting around 2 feet of snow in the mountains.. in October!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Joe Friday ()
Date: October 27, 2012 10:34PM

the grammar police Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They're expecting around 2 feet of snow in the
> mountains.. in October!


I Have missed your posts, Mr. Grammar Police...Great to see your back! As long as we don't get 2 feet here, I'm good. Hope your doing well:)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: October 27, 2012 11:10PM

the grammar police Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They're expecting around 2 feet of snow in the
> mountains.. in October!

Which mountains?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: October 27, 2012 11:11PM

Appalachians.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: October 27, 2012 11:13PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Appalachians.


Shit, if you had said the Cascades or Sierras, then I would believe it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: GiganticAsshole ()
Date: October 27, 2012 11:50PM

Joe Friday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK. Sorry all. I feel like a dip wad, lol.

So do I.

> I have not responded to any posts, even though I was
> the OP. Just been busy with Grandchildren, and
> trying to get ready for the storm myself.

Are you running chicken-little to the store, buying food and shit for your grandchildren?

What kind of a man are you?

I was raised to fight storms with my bare hands.

I took care of 50 people in a log cabin in the middle of a gigantic snow storm.

It was almost as gigantic as my asshole, but my asshole won.

Trees fell down, food was scarce.

I killed squirrels with my diaper and we ate.

That's what a man is all about, you pussy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Joe Friday ()
Date: October 28, 2012 12:32AM

GiganticAsshole Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Joe Friday Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > OK. Sorry all. I feel like a dip wad, lol.
>
> So do I.
>
> > I have not responded to any posts, even though I
> was
> > the OP. Just been busy with Grandchildren, and
> > trying to get ready for the storm myself.
>
> Are you running chicken-little to the store,
> buying food and shit for your grandchildren?
>
> What kind of a man are you?
>
> I was raised to fight storms with my bare hands.
>
> I took care of 50 people in a log cabin in the
> middle of a gigantic snow storm.
>
> It was almost as gigantic as my asshole, but my
> asshole won.
>
> Trees fell down, food was scarce.
>
> I killed squirrels with my diaper and we ate.
>
> That's what a man is all about, you pussy.


I Love you too:)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: GiganticAsshole ()
Date: October 28, 2012 12:58AM

Joe Friday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I Love you too:)

Well.... if you don't mind the size of my asshole, maybe we could meet sometime.

Shoot the shit, talk about diapers :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: October 28, 2012 11:50AM

GiganticAsshole Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Joe Friday Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I Love you too:)
>
> Well.... if you don't mind the size of my asshole,
> maybe we could meet sometime.
>
> Shoot the shit, talk about diapers :)
Attachments:
1351183169290.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: patrick star ()
Date: October 28, 2012 12:44PM

.
Attachments:
70777-spongebob-square-pants-sandy.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: homer j ()
Date: October 28, 2012 01:07PM

.
Attachments:
tumblr_mb6mbzFwM31rvzu9do1_500.gif

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Joe Friday ()
Date: October 28, 2012 11:21PM

Bump. Are we all going to die, lol! You would think so, according to the local news.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: TP Man ()
Date: October 28, 2012 11:34PM

I just went and bought every fucking roll of toilet paper in the county.

You wanna crap? Now you gotta deal with me.

How much?

How much you got?

Muhahahahahahaha

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: October 28, 2012 11:39PM

TP Man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just went and bought every fucking roll of
> toilet paper in the county.
>
> You wanna crap? Now you gotta deal with me.
>
> How much?
>
> How much you got?
>
> Muhahahahahahaha





Baby wipes FTW

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Occupy! ()
Date: October 28, 2012 11:46PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TP Man Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I just went and bought every fucking roll of
> > toilet paper in the county.
> >
> > You wanna crap? Now you gotta deal with me.
> >
> > How much?
> >
> > How much you got?
> >
> > Muhahahahahahaha
>
>
>
>
>
> Baby wipes FTW


Fucking 1%er.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Joe Friday ()
Date: October 29, 2012 11:53PM

Call me stupid. I just don't get it. Sandy hitting NJ/NY as I speak, yet we may well be fu_cKed between tonight and tomorrow re wind.Trees down...no electric. WTF. Anyone else have any explanation?

Real posts please:). JoeF..your an asshole, blah, balh. Please none of that.

Really...does anyone have an idea of what is going on...what to expect from what you have heard?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Who is afraid of "Sandy"
Posted by: Sue Palka ()
Date: October 30, 2012 12:19AM

Joe Friday Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Call me stupid. I just don't get it. Sandy
> hitting NJ/NY as I speak, yet we may well be
> fu_cKed between tonight and tomorrow re wind.Trees
> down...no electric. WTF. Anyone else have any
> explanation?
>
> Real posts please:). JoeF..your an asshole, blah,
> balh. Please none of that.
>
> Really...does anyone have an idea of what is going
> on...what to expect from what you have heard?


Worst is over here.

Winds dying down overnight.

Getting cold.

Options: ReplyQuote


Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
tueuC
This forum powered by Phorum.