HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Off-Topic :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
To The Bump in the Road Asshole [NEW RULE! - Flooders take note!]
Posted by: GTFO, dickhead ()
Date: September 25, 2012 08:17PM

Are you so intellectually bankrupt that you can't do any better than post a stupid picture that is as dumb as you are? Or are you just illiterate and you can't argue your point in writing? You're probably the same guy who posted the lame Obama girl pic 2,164,230 times. I'm fed up with these clowns who repeatedly hijack threads with unfunny, unwitty pictures.

Please report this shithead to Cary.

edit by Cary (the admin): Please see my response to this phenomenon further down in the thread here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2012 11:49PM by Cary.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: To The Bump in the Road Asshole
Posted by: Who me? ()
Date: September 25, 2012 08:27PM

file.php?40,file=70032,filename=Barack-O

Posted by: How to Make FFXU Shittier ()
Date: September 25, 2012 08:27PM

GTFO, dickhead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you so intellectually bankrupt that you can't
> do any better than post a stupid picture that is
> as dumb as you are? Or are you just illiterate and
> you can't argue your point in writing? You're
> probably the same guy who posted the lame Obama
> girl pic 2,164,230 times. I'm fed up with these
> clowns who repeatedly hijack threads with unfunny,
> unwitty pictures.
>
> Please report this shithead to Cary.

And unless the guy is image flooding, like he did with the stoned Obama guy picture, Cary will do exactly nothing.

Posting the same imbecilic image over and over again just makes FFXU that much shittier and drives away both new and existing users, which is EXACTLY what the person doing it wants, because if someone stops posting and leaves, he wins.

Posted by: Wut? ()
Date: September 25, 2012 08:33PM

file.php?40,file=69646,filename=Free_Stu

Posted by: My Penis ()
Date: September 25, 2012 09:53PM

I love you, My Penis.

Posted by: Uncle Ream Us 12 ()
Date: September 26, 2012 06:18PM

GTFO, dickhead Wrote:
> Are you so intellectually bankrupt that you can't
> do any better than post a stupid picture that is
> as dumb as you are? Or are you just illiterate and
> you can't argue your point in writing? You're
> probably the same guy who posted the lame Obama
> girl pic 2,164,230 times. I'm fed up with these
> clowns who repeatedly hijack threads with unfunny,
> unwitty pictures.
>
> Please report this shithead to Cary.

You libs are the biggest fucking crybabies. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. You got a diaper rash little honey boo boo? Since your contibution to this site is ZERO, fuck off.

Posted by: Obama Lied People Died 2012 ()
Date: September 26, 2012 06:19PM

LOL
Attachments:
4028968023_B.jpg

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: September 26, 2012 11:17PM

75 (of 108) posts from the user in question were just removed and the user was banned. This is the second time I've had to mass-remove posts and ban this user due to flooding.

NEW RULE! Any user who floods after ever previously being banned for flooding will have their entire posting history revealed.

Due to Fairfax Underground's allowance of anonymous posting it's possible for a single dedicated user to "flood" a personal opinion in order to make their opinion seem more relevant or widespread. In revealing the posting histories of these users I aim to confirm suspicions that many similar posts did indeed originate from one set of fingers. Hopefully this action will make it less advantageous for prolonged mass flooding, as once revealed it generally makes the flooder appear to be stooping to achieve their ends (and thus the aim of their flood backfires).

Privacy is still and will always be the utmost concern and I will still NEVER reveal the identity or IP address of any user for any reason (without, perhaps INCREDIBLE warning being given beforehand). Even in cases of flooding I will only reveal entire posting histories if every message has been inspected and found to be free of personal details or anything else that could form a correlation based on the totality of posts.

I have actually been saving "flood" histories for a few months now but have not yet revealed one publicly (I intended to reveal Inkahootz's role in the mass-abuse that took place at the end of August/start of September in a similar fashion, but he seems to be on his best behavior recently).

So, without further ado, please find this user's recent posting history (since last changing his IP address) here:
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/abuse/floods/20120926-45-187-backinchains.html

Please note that while almost all of this user's posts qualify for moderation only the posts that were obvious duplicates (floods) were removed by this flood-sweep. Future flood sweeps will consider the duplicate posting of images as legitimate floods, regardless of whether or not the text is unique. Also, this particular log is less useful than normal due to this user's consistent use of imagery (which is not immediately apparent by inspecting the log alone).

Please note which posts I removed and which I allowed to remain based on the preliminary sweep. Allowing a post to remain simply means that it did not meet the absolute criteria for a flood. It does not mean that the message conforms to the rules of Fairfax Underground. I encourage you to report for moderation any remaining messages that violate Fairfax Underground's rules.

Flooders take note!

- Cary (the admin)

edit by Cary: I just realized that I have another flood log from this same user taken the last time I banned him. This log is in a different (ugly) format and was taken AFTER many of his posts had already been removed. In the future all flood dumps will be provided in the "clean" format seen above. This user's older flood log can be found here:
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/abuse/floods/20120920-55-110-flood.html

To the flooder, I'm sorry to pick on you (nobody likes unprecedented things happening to them) but this incident was just a perfect textbook example of flooding. I assure you that your posting history in /abuse/floods/ will not be lonely for much longer.

edit by Cary #2: Just to note, the "Obama girl" flooder has a rich posting history of non-floods. A user having a bad day is a far cry different than a consistent day-in day-out history of posting nothing but floods and garbage (like the user in question). These rules apply to the most egregious flooders who contribute nothing, not to the user who occasionally makes multiple similar posts (or uses similar imagery) to help quell an onslaught of dissent. This statement should not be taken to condone the "Obama girl" flooding, just that it's far less likely that I will reveal the posting history of an intermittent offender.

It's very hard to get banned from Fairfax Underground unless you're actively trying or completely oblivious to common etiquette.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2012 11:49PM by Cary.

Re: To The Bump in the Road Asshole [NEW RULE! - Flooders take note!]
Posted by: The OP ()
Date: September 26, 2012 11:39PM

Thank you!!!

Posted by: Ito ()
Date: September 26, 2012 11:46PM

Kudos to Cary. I don't mind someone posting a photo once or twice, but on every thread without any other meaningful content?

That's just annoying.

I'm sorry that you have to clean up messes like this.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: September 27, 2012 12:03AM

Stupid question...

Why would any image flooder care if their posting history is revealed? The stripping of Personally Identifying Information makes it even less affecting.

Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: September 27, 2012 06:36AM

wnrsm Wrote:
> Stupid question...
>
> Why would any image flooder care if their posting
> history is revealed? The stripping of Personally
> Identifying Information makes it even less
> affecting.

This may come as a shock to you but there are people here that play both sides of any issue just to rile the masses up.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.