HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Chantilly :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
White balls of light in the sky 4:45 PM
Posted by: Sightseer ()
Date: March 03, 2011 02:50AM

Did anyone in the area happen to be looking up at the sky at around 4:45 PM today? 3 friends and I were and we all saw something we cannot explain. We were all in my backyard I randomly was looking at the sky. I initially saw what I had thought was just a jet gleaming in the sun towards the Northeast. When I kept it in my sight and focused on it more I realized actually a ball of light, similar to a star. It looked as if it were reflecting the sun off and on, being visible one second and then not the next.
What threw me off and caused me to point it out to my friends is that it crossed the flight path of a westbound plane (right over the top of the plane.) It also had no contrail or jet stream.
Yet the most spectacular thing, and what really blew my mind, was that the ball of light at one point multiplied into what seemed like a countless number of the same ball all moving together within the same area; as if they were flocking together around the original ball of light.
We watched it as it was to the East of us moving Southbound across the sky and it continued to expand and contract into various numbers of balls of light, again all of the same size and moving in the same pattern. We observed it continue to move south and at one point it stopped above a treeline and one of friends said that it formed a triangle. It disappeared for a moment and then appeared again at one point above us moving Southwest diagonally across my house.
After that we didn't see any more unidentified activity, however we did see a FCPD helicopter fly in the general direction of the balls of light at a rapid pace. I don't know if the helicopter and what we saw were correlated but the helicopter did seem to be in a hurry.
My friends and I aren't irrational people, and I've tried to figure out a logical explanation but honestly I don't know what it was. They weren't birds that's for sure, and it wasn't any sort conventional aircraft from what I could tell. I know it sounds crazy but we all saw the same thing. Is there anyone else who saw something?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: White balls of light in the sky 4:45 PM
Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: March 03, 2011 09:01AM

Certain atmospheric conditions, especially when the sun is low in the sky, cause sightings like this, which have repeatedly led to mistaken UFO sightings.
It was not an aircraft of any kind, or an object at all, just a freak reflection of light.

Posted by: annunaki ()
Date: March 04, 2011 07:48PM

Posted by: gabe ()
Date: February 14, 2014 10:54PM

Hello sightseer, I read your post and it was very similar to what I saw around 5pm early February 2014. My wife and I were waiting to be seated in a restaurant and while waiting I saw in the sky high up multiple white balls reflecting the sun. They were clumped somewhat close together and moving slowly, one faster than the rest at one point. As my mind rationed that they were seagulls I just watched, but as soon as I thought this and never taking my eyes away they all just blipped out as in no longer there period. There must have been 15-20 of these similar to identical white spheres that just weren't there anymore. Strange. As I first sighted them I told my wife but she couldn't see them, again they were high up and small in the vast blue sky.

Coppell Tx.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: February 15, 2014 05:43AM

gabe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello sightseer, I read your post and it was very
> similar to what I saw around 5pm early February
> 2014. My wife and I were waiting to be seated in
> a restaurant and while waiting I saw in the sky
> high up multiple white balls reflecting the sun.
> They were clumped somewhat close together and
> moving slowly, one faster than the rest at one
> point. As my mind rationed that they were
> seagulls I just watched, but as soon as I thought
> this and never taking my eyes away they all just
> blipped out as in no longer there period. There
> must have been 15-20 of these similar to identical
> white spheres that just weren't there anymore.
> Strange. As I first sighted them I told my wife
> but she couldn't see them, again they were high up
> and small in the vast blue sky.
>
> Coppell Tx.
Attachments:
meade-skelton-91.jpg

Posted by: Joeditalian3 ()
Date: May 18, 2014 09:29AM

This is a older blog but I thought I write anyway.I own a business in VA. I had taken my crew out for lunch.we all saw a white ball of light flying in the sky. It was definitely not a reflection from the sun. It flew by itself at first. Then a plane came. This white ball of light flew straight over to the aircraft. It circled the plane once. Then shot up in the sky. I am a former Marine. I used to rebuild all of the air traffic control equipment.I've been around many aircrafts. This has me stumped.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: May 23, 2014 08:50PM

Joeditalian3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is a older blog but I thought I write
> anyway.I own a business in VA. I had taken my crew
> out for lunch.we all saw a white ball of light
> flying in the sky. It was definitely not a
> reflection from the sun. It flew by itself at
> first. Then a plane came. This white ball of
> light flew straight over to the aircraft. It
> circled the plane once. Then shot up in the sky. I
> am a former Marine. I used to rebuild all of the
> air traffic control equipment.I've been around
> many aircrafts. This has me stumped.
Attachments:
douchesky.jpg
doucheshy.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.