HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Chantilly :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Potholes in chantilly and road conditions
Posted by: sunnyde ()
Date: December 11, 2008 07:49PM

Someones gotta fix the fucking roads around here in tilly im getting tired of this shit fucking windshelid is all fucked up, route 50 is jacked up, shit herndon roads are way better! Seriously like someones gotta get that shit fixed now. I work in tilly and coming back and forth from herndon is a bumpy ride.

Anyways centreville road is improved, but it's gettin conjested.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Potholes in chantilly and road conditions
Posted by: Merritt ()
Date: February 13, 2009 04:27PM

im the opposite of you. i live in chantilly, work in herndon. i agree, the roads in chantilly suck. they repaved a major portion of 50 a year or two ago and now it's all jacked up again. why the F can't they just do a large portion, do it properly, so that way they wont have to come back to it for a while?

i watched modern marvels on history one night because it was about road technology (ok, im a dork). the autobahn almost never needs maintenance due to cracks. why? because beneath the asphalt is a 42" concrete base. 42 inches! that shit will never crack, but the top coat of asphalt might. i think in the usa its a measly 18 or 24 inch base

Posted by: asdga ()
Date: February 13, 2009 05:34PM

Walney Rd between the office parks off of 50, and the other-Walney intersection, where it becomes Westfields Blvd

that foresty part; is a disaster

Posted by: cossack ()
Date: February 18, 2009 11:59PM

Yeah, that Walney Road is a mess. From near the pipeline terminal all the way down past the office park.

Posted by: muddle ()
Date: June 05, 2009 11:54AM

Walney Rd seems to be getting worse. There are two gaping potholes now, made worse by the rain. My four year old said, and I'm not making this up, "This road is terrible!"

But they seem to have money enough to add lights so the rich folks around Poplar Parc can get out onto Poplar Tree without having to wait too long. The rich are different from you and me.

Posted by: newgatedenizen ()
Date: June 08, 2009 06:27PM

well put muddle. I drove by there yesterday for the first time in months and noticed as well that there is a stoplight at the intersection - looks like it was put there to accomodate what - 15 houses? Wow. I could point out 100 intersections in NOVA with 100X the traffic w/o a stoplight.

Posted by: muddle ()
Date: June 16, 2009 05:00PM

Amen, newgatedenizen. I've been through there about 10 times now and most of the time the light has been red on Walney. Then there's a protected left. The amount of traffic on that road does not merit a protected left, or a stop light for that matter. The protected left just adds to the wait. I think some VDOT engineers have too much time on their hands.

VDOT finally did a bit of patching on the bottom of Walney Road, so the road is now a D- instead of an F.

Posted by: trashed rim/tire ()
Date: June 19, 2009 12:10AM

I was heading west on 66 Wednesday before last, and was changing into the 'arrow lane' right around where 123 dumps into 66. I actually panicked when I saw the pothole. Hell, it wasn't a pothole, it was more like a crater; part of the road was just GONE! I'm not exaggerating when I say this hole was 3ft wide, 2+ft across, and I didn't even see the bottom. I managed to straddle it at the last minute, but the edge of this f'n thing still trashed my right front rim and took a huge chunk outta the tire. I'm gonna sell the car and by a mule... I mean that's what else would be better than a mule on the Ho Chi Min Trail.... right?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.