HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Prince William :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Has anyone tried Evolution Auto care in Manassas?
Posted by: just saying... ()
Date: January 11, 2012 07:34PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that Yesterday I went to evolution Auto care in manassas and it was awesome! if you ever need anything done to you car and you need it done at a great price, its the place to go. Linda is the woman up front and she helped me out so much. I am a single mother and didn't have a clue in the world what I am doing. My car is broke and I need someone to fix it right the first time, I was told to try them. I did and I wanted to let others know that are FAIR, HONEST AND ALSO THEY ARE AWESOME! THEY DID A GREAT JOB FOR A EVEN BETTER PRICE! Eric is the man too! thank you linda and eric for all your help ... Thanks again!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Has anyone tried Evolution Auto care in Manassas?
Posted by: dandilion ()
Date: January 12, 2012 08:10AM

goodinfo will try them

Posted by: yeahright ()
Date: January 12, 2012 10:52AM

this message sounds like the owner/employer to me. i doubt i will ever go there. because its in manassas and its probably swarming with non-english speaking dirtbags.
question-how many people decide that they had good service and say "hey, im going to post in fairfax underground about my awesome experience"

truth is, no one gives a fuck. this post is so fake. could it be the owner trying to get business in? my guess is yes. dont worry though "just sayin..." it was worth a shot.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: January 13, 2012 12:35PM

Here is a REAL review of Evoloution auto Care:
If you are having car problems, DO NOT GO TO THIS SHOP, they are looking to rake you over the coals.
I came in with a squeak in my brakes, and they told me I needed new break pads, despite the fact that I had them replaced 3 months earlier!
Further, they told me I needed new rotors (not true) and new struts (possible, but unrelated to my problem and very expensive~800). They then told me I needed to flush my coolant, my transmission, my power steering and that I needed an injection service and so on and so on.
The next time I came in, I thought I needed a new battery, so they replaced it, but they didn't check the voltage output on my old one, which would have told them I needed a new alternator.(they also should have checked the alternator). Within a week, my car broke and I needed my alternator replaced--which may imply that I didn't need my battery replaced at all!
Also, when I did get my battery replaced, they told me my brake fluid was low due to a possible leak. At this point, I was on to them so I asked how much it would cost and they told me $59 for the diagnosis and I need a brake flush and then it depended how much more on what they found to be the problem. Then I opened the hood of my car, and showed the mechanic that my brake fluid was 3/4 full and not low at all! They apologized and topped it up the rest of the way for free. Now over a month later and it's still full. I took my car to another shop, all the flushes they recommended the other shop said I did not need yet.
They advertise the labor at $59, but after calling the dealer, I found they double the amount of time it take to do something, so really they charge $119 every hour making them more expensive than the dealer.
To sum up, they are a bunch of liars and cheats, the worst type of auto mechanic. They try to prey on their customers, and I would guess especially on students. My advice: Avoid at all costs!

Date: January 13, 2012 12:36PM

and another:
I don't know how "good" Evolution's mechanics are because after spending more than $1000 on repairs to my car its still undriveable! These people are are less than honorable. Linda and Eric are master swindlers! If you find yourself in need of their services get all estimates in writing, ask for detailed receipts, if possible record any/all conversations, and most importantly....don't beleive the $59.95 an hour labor rate (all their jobs take twice as long as average shops). Basically; take your vehicle to someone else!!!

Date: January 13, 2012 12:40PM

another review:
Please do me a favor and stay away from this shop. They are just trying to make money with no experience. ERIC is a joke! he has no experience dealing with customers and diagnosing a problem. Please and please stay away from these guys.. You will end up paying too much for the repairs and the problem will not go away. They are all very unprofessional and do not know what they are doing. They are better off detailing cars not fixing cars. STAY AWAY !!!! RUN AWAY!!!!

Date: January 13, 2012 12:40PM

still more reviews:

1st they overcharged me for a oil change and brakes. Then when my car needed a small fix they kept it for 2 weeks and never even worked on it. SAid they couldn't find the part which I found at a local parts store. They quoted me a 400 dollar price for the part, I found it for 92. After sitting there for 2 weeks they never called or even looked at it. Do not take your cr there! they are dope heads and have no clue what they are doing.

Date: January 13, 2012 12:42PM

more, more more,

DIRTY AND THEFT WORST SERVICE.I PAID FOR A COMPLETE BRAKE PADS REPLACEMENT AND THEY REPLACE ONLY ON REAR WHEELS..AND IT MAKES NOISE. THEY ADVERTISE $70 BUT THEN THEY CHARGED ME $140. NEVER AGAIN.THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY. THEY QUOTE $60 FOR HOUR, BUT THEY CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF HOURS SO YOU PAY DOUBLE, FOUND THIS OUT WHEN ANOTHER SHOP TOLD ME THAT IT ONLY TAKES 1 HOUR FOR A JOB THEY QUOTED ME 2 HOURS FOR.

Date: January 13, 2012 12:43PM

Encore:
Here you have a buisiness that is built on cheating customers. They will lie, cheat and say they changed parts that they did not. They say they do these services that they do not. They will try to sell you all these flushes if you need them or not, then they will not do them but still charge you. None of the mechanics are qualified, when diagnosing my truck, they just kept changing part after part, but when they said it needed the converter for over $1500, I went to the dealer - the problem, a small vacume leak that cost $124 to repair including diagnostics. They changed 1 sensor, but charged me for 4 according to the dealer. Dealer also said I do not need a transmission flush, or a brake flush, or a coolant flush! good thing I declined those services. Evolution I want my money back!

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 14, 2012 01:19PM

Evolution Auto - pwned. BEH 6, Evoution 0

Posted by: angry_white ()
Date: February 07, 2013 03:36PM

bash the business thats fine, but don't assume that everyone who lives in a certain area is a certain way.

"yeahright" ... fyi i live in manassas, i speak english, i am white, i live here so that i don't have to deal with obnoxious people like you.

Posted by: localboob ()
Date: February 07, 2013 05:22PM

angry_white Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bash the business thats fine, but don't assume
> that everyone who lives in a certain area is a
> certain way.
>
> "yeahright" ... fyi i live in manassas, i speak
> english, i am white, i live here so that i don't
> have to deal with obnoxious people like you.

what the hell are you talking about?

Posted by: SUSIE ()
Date: March 16, 2013 09:33AM

HAS THIS BUSINESS MOVED TO DUMFRIES VA. I NEED REPAIRS AND WANT TO FIND THEM IF ANYONE KNOWS?

Posted by: Postitive Comment ()
Date: January 14, 2014 09:30AM

The business has moved to Dumfries and they are not 17875 Mine Rd, Dumfries, VA 22026. I had my vehicles worked on in the shop and Linda is an awesome person her goal is to help people and Eric is a great mechanic....

Posted by: SpaceGhost ()
Date: May 14, 2014 03:32PM

I tried Evolution Auto Care on a whim because my transmission killed over in my Jeep and I wasn't ready to junk my best friend. Before Evolution I went to Wiygul and they quoted me $4500 to do the transmission (and that price did not include the transmission itself). Eric at Evolution Auto Care in Dumfries, VA, performed an excellent service for a lot cheaper and my buddy runs great again! I have a new mechanic and a Christmas list of stuff for him to customize my beast even more. I'm really impressed with the prices and service.

Posted by: You'llSee ()
Date: June 09, 2016 04:56PM

Evolution Auto Repair gave me fraudulent repairs, and tried to scam me on auto part repairs. Took my car (06 VW Passat 2.0T) because the AC was not working, they had did 1 hour for $69.00 to find the first problem. They found that it was too much Freon, then asked me if they could drain the whole thing and refill it. I am a girl and not very car smart, but after awhile I was thinking to myself they just got over on me. If it was too much in it, why not take some of it out to get it to the right level. Then they checked again for the main problem and said it was the coolant fan. They had mentioned that the compressor and Freon were fully up and running, and that my AC was not working because of the fan which would cause my car to overheat. I asked how much it was going to be and they said 3 hours worth of labor and they had to take the radiator out to get the fan out. I knew for a fact that they did not need to take the radiator out to take the fan out, and it does not take 3 hours to do so. Let me mention that my boyfriend had driven the car there and I was communicating with Evolution on the phone, because my boyfriend is not car smart neither. They said the charge for a new fan and 3 hours of labor for it was $586.00. I told my boyfriend to go ahead and get the money from a bank because they charge $17.00 to use a debit/credit card. They had let him drive the car to get the money, but he had went to another repair shop and I told him not to go back because they were lying and I felt uncomfortable.

Now to make a long story short; Took it to another shop and they said I never needed the coolant fan it was the compressor. Secondly, they were going to overcharge me to install a fan and didn't need to remove the radiator to get to the fan. Third, they could have just took some of the Freon out. They were trying to get over on me. I asked multiple mechanics around about taking the radiator out to get to a fan on a 2006 VW Passat 2.0T, and they said NO. They would have scammed me for something that didn't need to be fixed. The compressor is completely shot, and I took my business elsewhere.

When my boyfriend had left, they had called the police because I said I wouldn't pay them for the recharge that was supposedly $22 dollars per lbs and a labor fee of $69. Why should I? I told the officer exactly what happened, I didn't need more Freon because it was over full, and I never needed a fan. I told him I would repay them for just the recharge which I never needed and that if they wanted to take me to court I was fine with it. Don't go to Evolution Auto Repair! The mechanic was also sending me threats through text messages. The officer called me and said they took the $222.00 for the recharge off and settled for $100 flat. They didn't even deserve that. I had hell! Even the invoice was changed up.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.